Is Infinite Warfare playing well for you? Please post settings.

brutus209

I really want to like this game, I like the movement, the look of the game is pretty slick, but the MP plays like total shit for me. I thought Blops3 was bad, ha! this game makes Blops3 look like the best game ever made! Again just my opinion. I played IW for a good 4 hours yesterday, was in the bottom at least 90% of the time, the few games I did do well in I was top 2 going positive like 30-10. The rest of the time getting killed around corners, one shotted etc.. Kinda like Blops3 used to be before I bought the Netduma. After playing IW yesterday, I put in Blops 3 and was first place in 5 out of 10 matches, and top 3 and positive in every game consistently. I'm still holding out hope that I can get this game playing well for me, but it is not looking good at this point.

My settings are 800 mile radius to cover the west coast and California, PA 0, strict on, 70/70 cc. XBone in hyper traffic 50% to the xbone on the flower share excess ticked. 

Blops3 settings were set home in the pacific and set ping to 40ms, or camp out the LA server. If I set up IW this way I cannot get a game, it just idles looking for a match endlessly.

Anyway, Please lets post our settings for IW all in one place so we can have some ideas on what is working and what is not. I will re-post my settings as I go if I get any better results. 

Xbox one, Geo circling the Uk and Northern Europe, strict on, PA 0, CC 70% each way, hyper lane on.

Plays great, the odd out of sync lobby as with all cods but you just leave those lobbies.

Don't get me wrong it's still not great but playable

In order to get the best bufferbloat test I have to set the sliders to 99% as my connections is 1Mbps down 288Kbps up.

I get packet loss if I set them to 70/70

In case you have missed it here is the site to use for bufferbloat.

http://www.dslreports.com

PS4 UK based GF off have good and bad games, if I have the GF enabled they all seem to be bad games . I switch from HCKC to HCFFA ifI get a bad lobby, sometimes I get bad lobbies in both :)

Have my CC on 60/90 ul being the higher figure.

Yo no puedo mas ... muchas horas perdidas para no conseguir nada .... TODAS LAS CONFIguracion no sirven para nada , me va mejor cuando pongo la play 4 al movil que cuando juego con netduma con 1000mb/200mb .

Probe todas las formas posibles y sigo con retardos , mil balas no impactan cuando comienzo a disparar , los enemigos me ven mas de 1 SEgUNDO antes  y muero instantáneamente segun aparecen en mi pantalla incluso antes es mucha desventaja injusta por culpa de la conexion

• 2 weeks later...

don't worry!  game just sucks.....PERIOD!!!!

Yup, I have given up on IW and MWR, back to black ops 3. Blops 3 plays great for me. (plays good with the duma, no duma it is a shit show) Blops plays like a dream compared to IW, the game is total garbage and not fun. Like I said I really tried to like IW, but it is just too fucked up.

Hey Brutus209,

I live in Colorado and IW is very inconsistent.  Even BO3 was inconsistent - Detailed study revealed it depended on which server I connected...i.e. I would connect to Austin for a month and I cleaned up!  Then all of a sudden I did not connect to Austin anymore, I connected to Iowa all the time and got wasted repeatedly.  

In IW I connect all the way to Chicago.  Well everybody in my lobby is closer to the server.  If you read this blog post: https://netduma.com/blog/call-of-duty-lag-fix-guide/ you will see people closer to the server will always have a less lag.  I also connect to Dallas but it is of no use.  I simply run around boards like a crazy man with the Banshee, get tons of kills but also many deaths.

The key with IW is enjoying all the different weapons, weapon stacking etc...  but when its laggy, you need the rapid fire weapons.  So it limits your choices.  I think I am screwed simply based on location - Castle Rock, CO.  I have posted about this previously but its hard to find someone in the US who is in the middle of the country and has figured it out.  Good Luck!  

I live in California though will try to force the Texas server later and let you know what I get.  I was able to do this when the game was released in November however have not tried it recently.

And yes, IW is as inconsistent as it gets =P

Im not enjoying IW at all. Settings are just general default, with only 1 server in my country and other countries using it aswell, it will always be trouble.

As a player the game feels fine, can run, wall run, ads all fine but the refresh rate with other players and field of vision is just dead set rotten.

people popping up out of nowhere, other players with dam near perfect accuracy, the fact the game can not distinguish 2 players when they are close together meaning 4 bullets with a smg kills 2 players, or watching the kill cam 3 bullets for 1 player and 1 bullet for the other and both die.

Spawns...... oh my lord the spawns in this game are laughable.

3 Years for this garbage is kind of ridiculous really.

This is just my experience,I'm not saying there is any logic to it (as with most things I say  :D) but whenever I get into a lobby and there is the list of players and you can see their GT's and in my experience anytime there is a "matched player" no gamer tag...LEAVE THE LOBBY.Again this is just my experience but...

I played all weekend and every time I ran into this senecio,the game was full of WTF moments...one shotted,getting shot around corners,people appearing out of no where and killing you,yes all the things we have come to expect from COD.Again this is just what I've picked up on but it happened every single time,I have no idea what caused it or why but that's been my experience.

So next time you see GT's then "matched player" see if you have the same results as me.

This is just my experience,I'm not saying there is any logic to it (as with most things I say  :D) but whenever I get into a lobby and there is the list of players and you can see their GT's and in my experience anytime there is a "matched player" no gamer tag

I've just started noticing the odd 'matched player', I was already backing out when I saw it because I assumed that it meant the game hadn't managed to work out their ping yet (something like that), I'll stay in a few and see what it's like...

Hey ECarl, 

Just to update I was able to force the Texas server this weekend.  Tried to force the EU & AU servers but no luck lol

How did the TX server play vs CA?

Here is my general observation of playing IW.

SOLO with geofiter off

I live in San Diego, California.  I play Dom with friends but TDM when solo.  There are more parties, better players and tryhards in Dom than TDM.  I also hate losing a Dom game because all my teammates want to camp the home flag.  Playing solo in TDM I tend to get some good matches.  I confirm the same results as fuzzy with "matched player".  Because San Diego is close to the Mexico border, I often have players from Mexico, central and south American in the lobbies.  The games with these players are ALWAYS problematic.  Therefore, I avoid them.  I also noticed that games get very inconsistent if there is lots of people talking in game chat.

Team Play with geofilter off

I notice that games seem to play worse when using party chat vs game chat.  Playing with a party also has negative effects on game performance.  As an experiment, I joined some friends who are all located in southern California.  They all have descent connections and bandwidth - as far as cable will allow.  Therefore, we were playing the same servers and game mode (TDM) that I normally play solo.  The games played more inconsistent.  We backed out and tried different lobbies and games.  We also tried swapping various party leaders, and we  noticed that party leaders connections affect the game performance of the other players.  I also suffer greatly when party leader is further away.  For example, playing on a New York server vs Texas is considerably more inconsistent.  

Where are you based Zio?

I live in California though in the past have been able to play in other servers outside the US for testing purposes.

How did the TX server play vs CA?

I only played briefly so didn't really get a chance to get a feel for it.  I'll upload the game later =)

• Administrators

I live in California though in the past have been able to play in other servers outside the US for testing purposes.

I only played briefly so didn't really get a chance to get a feel for it.  I'll upload the game later =)

Hard turn off console

Wait for map to completely clear

Set location for server you want to force, strict on, ping assist 0

Boot up console

Boot up game

Should now be able to force those servers.

Yup, I have given up on IW and MWR, back to black ops 3. Blops 3 plays great for me. (plays good with the duma, no duma it is a shit show) Blops plays like a dream compared to IW, the game is total garbage and not fun. Like I said I really tried to like IW, but it is just too fucked up.

Agreed 100%. Went back to Black Ops 3. Game just feels better. Infinity Ward games are just sh!t now.

Hard turn off console

Wait for map to completely clear

Set location for server you want to force, strict on, ping assist 0

Boot up console

Boot up game

Should now be able to force those servers.

Alright so gave this a try again and no go.  Rebooted the router via settings and still could not force server in Infinite Warfare or BO3.

wdkugW.jpg

Archived