Netduma Vs Netgear Nighthawk

WMThunder

Hi, I am wanting a router that i can primarily use for gaming and streaming but also to connect a ton of devices to and use them all at the same time and still have high performance. Also i would like to play high quality videos and have a very speedy connection. I have a 25 MBPS download speed and 5-6 MBPS upload speed. I am on the fence whether or not to get a Netduma router or Netgear Nighthawk. if you could let me know which you think will be better for my situation i would appreciate it!!

• Netduma Staff

Undoubtedly the Netduma. Before the Netduma was released, the Nighthawk was good - but it was never something I would have spend money on mainly because it just gave extra features, it didn't solve a problem.

The Netduma though has 4 main features that no other routers have. 1) GeoFilter 2) Congestion Control 3) Device Prioritisation 4) One Click VPN. And it doesn't end there because new featured are constantly being developed - all the time.

The Netduma will be able to handle all the devices brilliantly. Obviously your Internet speeds won't be made faster than they already are. But for example, if you were uploading a video to YouTube, this would slow your Internet down massively making watching YouTube videos very difficult and gaming almost impossible. With the Netduma, that probable is eliminated because it will slow the upload of the YouTube video down by a fraction of an amount but that will be just enough to be able to watch your YouTube video or stream Netflix or play CoD (or any other games).

That’s just one example of what the router can do.

In your case, you mention that you stream. When streaming, your viewers (and probably you) want a lag free and reliable stream (no buffering, down time etc). With the Netduma, you have the one click VPN that can prevent your connection from being held hostage if you are hit by a DDOS attack, which may, if you become a biggish streamer become to be an issue. Secondly, streaming uses a significant amount of upload bandwidth (depending on the quality). This will probably cause lag, but with the Netduma, you can always make sure there is enough bandwidth for your console. You can also eliminate local congestion using the anti-flood feature. For your viewers, the GeoFilter will mean that the gameplay should be lag free as the hosts you are connecting to have a lower pings. You can also very easily display the ping in game to your viewers on your stream so that they know how good the connection is.

It's defiantly better than a Nighthawk 

I'm sure you have, but make sure you look through the Netduma website and also have a look at the buyers guide.

You just have to think to yourself 'what does the Nighthawk have that would outweigh all of the features on the Netduma?'

I know my opinion might sound biased but the only reason I've stuck around here is because of how amazing the product is and how great the people are - it is continually being developed into something even better.

I agree with everything Crossy said so eloquently and I would just like to add one other thing. The router is evolving. We are getting more and more from the development staff than we ever could have wished for. If you buy the Nighthawk you will get a Nighthawk but if you buy the Netduma you will be getting something much much more.

The netduma will solve all your problems. Problems that no other router can solve for you.My connection is only 1 Mb up and 4 mb download. And with the netduma i have seriously zero lag when somebody at home is watching youtube or something. The netduma is definitely the one to go for :)

Hi, I am wanting a router that i can primarily use for gaming and streaming but also to connect a ton of devices to and use them all at the same time and still have high performance. Also i would like to play high quality videos and have a very speedy connection. I have a 25 MBPS download speed and 5-6 MBPS upload speed. I am on the fence whether or not to get a Netduma router or Netgear Nighthawk. if you could let me know which you think will be better for my situation i would appreciate it!!

I have both. The nighthawk is a great router but so is the netduma. I'm pretty sure you'd never get the support, features or feedback from netgear that you'll get from the netduma. I've never seen customer service like this anywhere.

+1 for the netduma for all the reasons stated above.  We're all netduma users and stand by the product and staff you can't get a better recommendation than a happy customer.

• Administrators

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Just one thing to add the night hawk has better wireless. It's called AC unfortunately we don't support it.

The netduma sucks... Just kidding, for those speeds you're fine with the netduma. I couldn't see myself spending that kind of money for a "regular" router like the nighthawk. If you want better wireless invest in a decent access point and use it for the wifi.

The Duma for sure,there is no equal at doing what it does.Like others have suggested if you want 5g wifi use another router put it in AP mode.Then use the duma for your gaming so you get all the features that make the duma a one of a kind and your other router for your 5g wireless.That's the set up i got and it works great,best of both worlds.

Just to add the duma's range for wifi is great,really strong signal all over the house and that's basement to second story.

Just to add the duma's range for wifi is great,really strong signal all over the house and that's basement to second story.

Yeah I was worried about the R1's WiFi not being strong enough but it's much stronger than my old TP-Link and that had 3 external aerials.  Really beast Wi-Fi strength

Archived