NAT Type Failed and Ping Spikes

JM2017

1.03.6h firmware

My down is 380 my up is 40 when not on game on game its 31 up and 5 down

Set up is cable modem going straight to R1 then from their I use lan cable to ps nothing else is connected to router

My issues are anytime I test the internet connection for black ops 3 my nat type comes back as failed. I have checked the box for enable upnp forwarding.

Next issue is every since I started using this router my in game pings are higher then ever. I obviously bought this router because I felt as if I lagged a great deal in the game. However I feel a constant pulling on my player while playing black ops 3 and when I click the botton to look at the ping I’m having high spikes. Also my ping stays around 50+ while playing with the spikes hitting 400 at times but mainly in the 100’s when it spikes.

I bought 3 of these and hopefully I can get them to work so I don’t ship them back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you throttling your connection for the game? There is no need to do that as gaming doesn't use much bandwidth anyway. So having more or less won't make a difference. With your speeds your congestion control will be disabled if you've set it up correctly. 

Do an internet diagnostics test on the R1 and post the screenshot here please. Also do a speedtest.net test to see what the ping shows when no one is using the internet.

Is that the ping shown by the duma or the ping shown on the game?

Here are some screen shots. If you need more let me know. 

1481143992-U11041.png

1481144181-U11041.png

1481144250-U11041.png

1481144281-U11041.png

1481144308-U11041.png

1481144333-U11041.png

1481144369-U11041.png

1481144390-U11041.png

This image is hardwired 

1481144417-U11041.png

This image is using R1 router

1481144447-U11041.png

So it wouldn't let me put the screen shot from my tv that has the test internet connection but I will just tell results. 

NAT TYPE - Failed

Connection Down - 49.8Mbps

Connection UP -  32.6Mbps

Also someone asked for the modem number. Not sure where to find that. On back it has RB951G-2HnD at top. 

on congestion control, change the algorithm to reactive

on misc disable deep packet inspection

for modem number you provided to model number of the netduma, which is the router.  look for the think your ISP gave you, cable modem or DSL modem.  it will be the first thing from the outside that gives you internet 

ISP --->COAX--->Cable Modem----> Netduma

ISP --->phone line--->DSL Modem----> Netduma

Actually using the PS today was a bit better then yesterday. It seems as if when you turn it off or unplug the router it erases some of the settings you put. Today I just plugged it in and went with what was already in place. My games were not nearly as bad as they have been. When I just changed and used your settings or did what you told me to my pings started up pretty bad again. Not sure what those settings are you told me to change but one of them or a combination of all made the pings start spiking again like prior to today. You sure those settings need to be changed? Maybe it had something to do with me changing the bandwidth. All I know is about 5 or 6 games today were not great with lag they didn't have huge spikes and now they do?

Yes, nothing about those two setting should cause you to have massive lag.

Reactive allows for faster internet speeds, disabling deep packet inspection also allows for faster packet processing.

If you go to the device monitor and watch the internet usage is there anything using a lot of bandwidth? Does the auto ping show huge lag spikes

Archived