Continually lose the ability to access router via WAN

I have my router set up so that I can access the control panel through WAN since I use my laptop to monitor connections.  After I while I lose the ability to access the router via WAN and I don't know why, nothing I do restores the ability to connect except a factory reset which I do not want to do as I lose all of my settings.  Any suggestions?

I have Netduma set up as a second router only managing xbox connections, trying to access over internet so using WAN IP address not 192.168.88.1 which is the LAN address.

No problems accessing via LAN but I do not want a cord going across my living room if possible.

I use this same feature.

On my main router (pfsense) I have a cable running to the netduma.  I have this configured as a separate interface, with the IPv4 Address of 192.168.2.1.

This means if I type 192.168.2.1 I hit my main router, the first device on this network is the netduma at 192.168.2.2.

I access the netduma via my main interface on my router at 192.168.2.2

IE Computer 192.168.1.51 -> http://192.168.2.2(netduma)

Xbox on netduma 192.168.88.55

So something is setup wrong if you are having issues i can do this simply by checking the accessible via WAN on the netduma misc settings

Rebooting main router did not help, the weird part is I was able to access the netduma via router this morning, now I cannot access it after reboot of netduma,  this has happened once before but I don't remember rebooting the router that time,  I think I just changed the theme.  Had to do a factory reset to access via WAN again, trying to avoid that.  I will open Port 80 for my Netduma and see if that helps, main router is verizon actiontec.

My Netduma is outside the DMZ, not sure if that matters

it might matter, normally the DMZ cannot access the main network but the main network can access the DMZ.

but it all depends on how the router sets that up.

also try doing a: telnet 192.168.2.2 80

Not sure what telnet does,  

I have not changed anything since this morning when I was able to access the Netduma via WAN.  the only thing I did was reboot the router.  something about that reboot caused the problem

interesting, telnet basically let's you connect to an ip via a specific port.

This means that you can verify that the port is open and working.

I would remove the static IP on the hub for the duma. Then unplug the duma from the hub, wait 30 secs, plug it in again and reset the static IP for it on your hub.

I tried that, removed static IP on main router, unplugged netduam, waited 30 secs, plugged duma back in, reset static IP,  no luck

• 1 month later...