Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Intel's Puma 6 chipset suffers from latency & jitter, fix soon.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Local time: 11:39 PM
  • LocationUSA

Be ware that the Arris SB6190 is experiencing some FW issues seen here: 

https://www.dslrepor...xLinear-mistake

and https://www.dslrepor...ssue-Discussion

There are two problems, ICMP and TCP/UDP. 

The SB 6180/83 do not suffer from this issue. This is an Intel Chip set issue. The new up and coming SB 8200 is supposed to be Broadcom based. 

Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 AM
  • LocationNJ

POPULAR

Here's the ping results with my TC7610 hooked up. It's flawless! Went 41-8 my very first game testing it out. No more 200+ ping spikes for me   :) haha

1485889731-U6326.png

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Congrads Joe and I'm loving the TC 7610 myself

• Joe likes this

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,302 posts
  • Local time: 06:39 AM
  • LocationUK

It is and its great for cable folks that can fix this issue with a modem change or FW update, pleased for you guy's and gal's.

DrDabz

DrDabz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 AM

It is and its great for cable folks that can fix this issue with a modem change or FW update, pleased for you guy's andI'm 

I'm having some issues with high latency and ping on the SB6183 is there any solution or firmware update that can fix this? or any other beast modem out there that will help?

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

If you're arguing with me, you're already wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

I'm having some issues with high latency and ping on the SB6183 is there any solution or firmware update that can fix this? or any other beast modem out there that will help?

Saw your other post too... I'd go with the TP-Link TC-7610 it works perfect with the R1 and it's cheap

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts
  • Local time: 06:39 AM

We attempted to put a patch out on our end but didn't work unfortunately, its not our issue to fix.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Saw your other post too... I'd go with the TP-Link TC-7610 it works perfect with the R1 and it's cheap

Would second what MoD said makes a world of difference on cable internet.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

dominican_3niz

dominican_3niz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Local time: 11:39 PM
  • LocationREADING PA

DOCSIS 3.0-compatible Puma 6 modems have an issue and there will be a firmware update 3niz.

so if i get a 3.1 modem will be fine

frank1144

frank1144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local time: 10:39 PM
  • LocationUS - CA

so if i get a 3.1 modem will be fine

Who's your ISP?

17064580.png21963376.png

dominican_3niz