Intel's Puma 6 chipset suffers from latency & jitter, fix soon.

Zennon

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have noticed a difference in the connection with my Super Hub 3 the last few days.

Generally my ping has been around 30's but the last few days its been around 10ish in most games.

I have also ran a ping plotter test and its a stable connection with no spikes after 5 Hours. 

1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

I have noticed a difference in the connection with my Super Hub 3 the last few days.

Generally my ping has been around 30's but the last few days its been around 10ish in most games.

I have also ran a ping plotter test and its a stable connection with no spikes after 5 Hours. 

That is good news, has the FW changed on the hub?

23 hours ago, Zennon said:

That is good news, has the FW changed on the hub?

I had a look last night and the FW has changed versions now. 

I played around 3 hours of Fortnite last night and my ping was around 10ms to 15ms on all servers i connected too.

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

I had a look last night and the FW has changed versions now. 

I played around 3 hours of Fortnite last night and my ping was around 10ms to 15ms on all servers i connected too.

That sounds really positive, good stuff! Hopefully a bunch of people have been helped by that update then. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Does any one know if my tp link archer c7 ac1750 v5 has this puma chip in it

As im noticing when i connect to it ftom my geo filter ping it  1ms then about 8 sec later it goes upto about  8 ms

I have no other connections running 

Puma Chip sets are only seen in cable modems.

7 hours ago, kinel said:

As im noticing when i connect to it ftom my geo filter ping it  1ms then about 8 sec later it goes upto about  8 ms

8 hours ago, kinel said:

Make sure you are running 2.5 interval on ping plotter if that is what you mean by connecting it from my geo.

You may be checking from CMD running a ping command if so forget the above.

If you have a modem check the ping directly from it to a PC/Laptop to see if the Modem is causing the spikes.

If the spikes are non existant from the modem directly change Ethernet cables from the modem to the router.

This is a cable router   

I wasnt using ping plotter 

I have a simmilar setup to simjc64  

I have a  huawei hg 612 modem  what you recomended to me a few years ago zennon works perfectly for years  this is plugged in first

Last monday i bought the tp link archer c7 ac1750 v5  router and put openwrt onto it this is plugged in next

Then my dumar1 is plugged in next into lan of tp link router

How i  was checking the ping of the  connection to tp link was

From my geofilter it apears on there  

So i used the dumar1  geo  allow deny list toping it from there

Thats where it shows the spikes

Do you have a link to the support site your this?

The c7 model is a router only. No built in modem. There A and C series are routers only from what there site says. The CR  series are there gateway modems with built in routers. 

So the huawei is you ISP modem? 

12 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Do you have a link to the support site your this?

The c7 model is a router only. No built in modem. There A and C series are routers only from what there site says. The CR  series are there gateway modems with built in routers. 

So the huawei is you ISP modem? 

I dont really understand what your asking

I have 3 devices pluged in.   the first is my huawei hg612 modem only   i bough off ebay or amazon a few years ago

then i plug my tp link archer c7 ac1750 into it cable router

Then i plug my netdumar1 into my tplink cable router

I forgot to mention  all my ethernet cables are brand new i bought them with the last moth i rewired my whlle house again

I just wanted to know  if my tp link archer c7 1250  v5 has that pumar chip in it

But from  bimmers post i think it dosent

Yes I was asking what modem you had. The huawei modem is a CABLE Modem. The TP Link Archer C7 1250 is a ROUTER. Not a cable modem/router. The C7 is a WiFI Router only. The hauwai is a cable modem only. I was trying determine what you had and why your asking about the TPLink Archer router having a Puma Chip set. It doesn't due to the fact that Intel Puma Chip sets are only used on Cable modems. Not used in any WiFi routers at all. 

Unfortunately public access to resources regarding what modems have which chip sets is now been taken offline. Wikidevi.com was the site that posts this information about different routers and modems. This site has been closed down. So I don't know what the hauwei modem/ONT is using for it's chip set. You might ask the Mfr. Personally I would not use anything huawei. I saw some posts on searches that this model huawei is out of date as well. Something to consider upgrading to something newer at some point. 

10 hours ago, kinel said:

I dont really understand what your asking

I have 3 devices pluged in.   the first is my huawei hg612 modem only   i bough off ebay or amazon a few years ago

then i plug my tp link archer c7 ac1750 into it cable router

Then i plug my netdumar1 into my tplink cable router

I forgot to mention  all my ethernet cables are brand new i bought them with the last moth i rewired my whlle house again

I just wanted to know  if my tp link archer c7 1250  v5 has that pumar chip in it

But from  bimmers post i think it dosent

Good luck. 

The reason i bough the huawei  hg 612 is zennon  recomeded it to me

Becauase in englan the local fttc cabinet you can turns off interleaved if your modem has    g imp  

So i gives us a fast path proflle  its sothing along ghose line

I never knew about this tell zennon told me about it

Anyways thank you all for your help  i have all the help i neede d so thank you all

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter shouldn't show local IPs, could you provide a screenshot of this? Do you have the R1 in the DMZ of the Tp.

If you meant it shouldnt show me my other router on the geo filter

Well it does  now i cant remeber if it was on the older firware or the new firmware 

But it showed me my new tp link router with openwrt  but this router dosent have dmz on it

Because i was switcing between firmwares so i cant remember what firmare i seen iton the other day

Also fraser  my older tp link router it used to show it on it to

Because in the past i factory reset my router at least 100 times

And on a fresh install it would show it on geo filter  nothing else was on it as it had just been wiped

So i would allow it on the allow or deny list this was defently on the older firmware 

And it would show a ping of 1 ms to it

Well  im saying this happend in the past so i cant take a picure of it

When i was switching between firmawares a few days ago

And i have seen it appear many times over years i had dumar1

Its always after i either factory reset my dumar or system upgrade or downgrade

If it appears again i will try to screen shot it

But it will be hard to do so because i hardly use my pc i only tend to use it when i copy n paste a link to the forum

I mostly use my ps4  nowadays

This what im using as  i type this

Also if i remember correctly  it dosent show as an ip  adress it shows as a mac adress

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, kinel said:

The reason i bough the huawei  hg 612 is zennon  recomeded it to me

Becauase in englan the local fttc cabinet you can turns off interleaved if your modem has    g imp  

So i gives us a fast path proflle  its sothing along ghose line

I never knew about this tell zennon told me about it

Anyways thank you all for your help  i have all the help i neede d so thank you all

It actually works the fast path profile? 

years ago I spent hours on phone to talk talk and they said it’s not possible to switch to fast path from interleaved 

If your on adsl2 you can get the forum tech team to switch it to fastpath profile

For fttc tech team cant do nothing   only the modem can switch it to turn off interleaved

But it depends on if your local  fttc cabinet  has it  as i think thers 3 types 

We need tghe one that has g inp  or   g imp  

Zennon told me about it i just followe his advice

Tbh i dont remeber to mutch    

Maybe ask zennon

I had to go looiing at the fttc cabinets in my area to see if my cabinet suported  g imp

Also you migh not need to buy a huwae hg612 modem because somt

Talktalk huawae routers have g imp in built in to them as mine did

But they was causing massive ping spikes thats why i bough the modem hg 612

This was about  4  to 5 years ago so i cant remember to mutch on it

9 hours ago, Sable said:

It actually works the fast path profile? 

years ago I spent hours on phone to talk talk and they said it’s not possible to switch to fast path from interleaved 

ISP's unfortunately can not switch to fast path, the cabinets DLM decides.

There is ECI and two types of Hauwei cabinets the advice I gave Kinel to buy an HG612 was so that he matched broadcom chipset with his Hauwei cabinet so G.INP that was introduced could be enabled then giving a much higher chance of having fast path as this protocol does error correction on the fly unlike interleaving which needs higher latency permanently to fix errors.

The ECI cabinets can do full G.INP unfortunately.

If you are on a Huawei cabinet and you have compatible G.INP hardware router/modem and you still have interleaving this maybe because you have noise on the line REIN, EMI etc or a fault, either your home network is not optimised (bad filter / faceplate / bad RJ11 cable etc or you have an outside the property issue.

Thanks to https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm for the cabinet images.

Huawei 288/384HD FTTC cabinet

Huawei 288 384HD FTTC cabinet.png

Huawei 96/128 FTTC cabinet

Huawei 96 128 FTTC cabinet.png

ECI 128 256 FTTC cabinet

ECI 128 256 FTTC cabinet.png

4 hours ago, Zennon said:

ISP's unfortunately can not switch to fast path, the cabinets DLM decides.

There is ECI and two types of Hauwei cabinets the advice I gave Kinel to buy an HG612 was so that he matched broadcom chipset with his Hauwei cabinet so G.INP that was introduced could be enabled then giving a much higher chance of having fast path as this protocol does error correction on the fly unlike interleaving which needs higher latency permanently to fix errors.

The ECI cabinets can do full G.INP unfortunately.

If you are on a Huawei cabinet and you have compatible G.INP hardware router/modem and you still have interleaving this maybe because you have noise on the line REIN, EMI etc or a fault, either your home network is not optimised (bad filter / faceplate / bad RJ11 cable etc or you have an outside the property issue.

Thanks to https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm for the cabinet images.

Huawei 288/384HD FTTC cabinet

Huawei 288 384HD FTTC cabinet.png

Huawei 96/128 FTTC cabinet

Huawei 96 128 FTTC cabinet.png

ECI 128 256 FTTC cabinet

ECI 128 256 FTTC cabinet.png

Wow, thanks for the Info, I think my cabinet is the top one.

if I buy this router will it work for me?