Slow GUI Interface: the solution is HERE!

I turn off UPnP & UPnP forwarding unticked in misc settings while using port forwarding then you can do as you like with hyper lane and the geo-filter.

I don't use UPNP when the port forwarding rules are active i don't want to use it either (i just want to open ports for gaming and not for any other application).

As i said, me and other people (not everyone and i don't konw why) can't use port forwarding while host filtering and hyper-lane are active).

I did the above, turned off UPnP in my 7800n then rebooted both routers 7800n first waited 2 mins then booted the duma, no slow down issues using the geo and hyper lane.

I don't understand why you put upnp on your main router.

It works for you now ?

I found that if you set up port forwarding then reboot the netduma, the slow gui goes, ive not had a problem with it since, thats with geo-filtering, port forwarding and hyper lane all active :)

Why do you need to reboot your netduma ?

Does it works for you now ?

Yes it works now, after setting port forwarding for call of duty the netduma gui would gradualy grind to a halt, couldnt access anything, just forever loading interface page, i tried rebooting after setting port forwarding to see what would happen and the netduma gui stayed responsive, i havent had any problems since, hth :)

Yes it works now, after setting port forwarding for call of duty the netduma gui would gradualy grind to a halt, couldnt access anything, just forever loading interface page, i tried rebooting after setting port forwarding to see what would happen and the netduma gui stayed responsive, i havent had any problems since, hth :)

Cool, i'm glad it works for you  :D

I use Host Filtering, Hyper-Lane, Port Forwarding (5 ports above 65000) and UPnP all at the same time on v1.03.6h.

Uptime is some 2 months now without any slowing down of the interface.

There is one exception to this and it's the Host Filtering page which is slow because drawing the map is bound to a single CPU core. My system has no hardware acceleration available to let the graphics card handle it and even if your Windows does have it if you use Firefox you could still see worse performance than with another browser. Enabling the "Low Resolution Map" feature helps, it's the browser that's slow not Neduma here.

Games like Destiny and CoD claim 30 or more ports have to be forwarded for them to "work properly". Maybe Netduma slowing down on pages other than Host Filtering is proportionate to the number of forwarded ports? Only 5 ports on mine don't seem to have any impact, but I never tried adding >30 forwarding rules. 

• Netduma Staff

nothing can fix it for me, and we have to wait 1 year for a possible fix wtf

DumaOS isn't going to be released a year from now, it's much sooner than that. We can help you to fix this problem, I've seen that you've made a thread about this previously and it wasn't resolved, so please make a post on the 1 on 1 section and we'll take a much closer look at the problem. Whilst it might seem like a common problem on this forum, in terms of people using the router it's very rare - and we've had success resolving it with other people. I'm confident we'll get it fixed in a 1 on 1 :)

I use Host Filtering, Hyper-Lane, Port Forwarding (5 ports above 65000) and UPnP all at the same time on v1.03.6h.

Uptime is some 2 months now without any slowing down of the interface.

There is one exception to this and it's the Host Filtering page which is slow because drawing the map is bound to a single CPU core. My system has no hardware acceleration available to let the graphics card handle it and even if your Windows does have it if you use Firefox you could still see worse performance than with another browser. Enabling the "Low Resolution Map" feature helps, it's the browser that's slow not Neduma here.

Games like Destiny and CoD claim 30 or more ports have to be forwarded for them to "work properly". Maybe Netduma slowing down on pages other than Host Filtering is proportionate to the number of forwarded ports? Only 5 ports on mine don't seem to have any impact, but I never tried adding >30 forwarding rules. 

The problem is definitely port-related, we're trying to get to the bottom of it but I'm glad you haven't encountered it yet. As I said above, the problem is a rare one; loads of Netduma users use port forwarding, UPnP and hyper traffic without any issues.

DumaOS isn't going to be released a year from now, it's much sooner than that. We can help you to fix this problem, I've seen that you've made a thread about this previously and it wasn't resolved, so please make a post on the 1 on 1 section and we'll take a much closer look at the problem. Whilst it might seem like a common problem on this forum, in terms of people using the router it's very rare - and we've had success resolving it with other people. I'm confident we'll get it fixed in a 1 on 1 :)

The problem is definitely port-related, we're trying to get to the bottom of it but I'm glad you haven't encountered it yet. As I said above, the problem is a rare one; loads of Netduma users use port forwarding, UPnP and hyper traffic without any issues.

Yes, it's an issue but with a little bit of research, you can avoid it simply and, bloody hell, the connection is so smooth and crispy  :D

I will add a few clips to prove that the netduma can change the way you play Destiny.

• 2 weeks later...

This should have been fixed a long time ago. I think everyone will agree to that. So far we have been waiting on the new OS for about 10 months now, but this could have been a hot fix a long time ago. I have been with Netduma from the beginning, it seems that It has slowed down a lot on correcting per-existing problems with the current OS. Everyday adjusting this and that no wonder your customers a getting RAGE-QUIT with this.

This should have been fixed a long time ago. I think everyone will agree to that. So far we have been waiting on the new OS for about 10 months now, but this could have been a hot fix a long time ago. I have been with Netduma from the being, it seems that It has slowed down a lot on correcting per-existing problems with the current OS. Everyday adjusting this and that no wonder your customers a getting RAGE-QUIT with this.

It was a little company at the lastest firmware but now, things need to move on that why DUMAOS is a complete reconstruction of the OS.

so the solution is to reboot the duma after you set up port forwarding? i dont know why this should work and it doesn't for me. of course when i turn off the geo filter the gui is not slow, but when its on it is slow and i want to use the gui also when the geo filter is enabled.

so the solution is to reboot the duma after you set up port forwarding? i dont know why this should work and it doesn't for me. of course when i turn off the geo filter the gui is not slow, but when its on it is slow and i want to use the gui also when the geo filter is enabled.

No, you don't need to reboot the netduma.

The way to avoid the latency issue is to active the host filtering AFTER you've lauchned your console and the game.

After your gaming session, you just need to disable the option for the next time.