Slow GUI Interface: the solution is HERE!

• Netduma Staff

OK stupid question, how do I disable host filtering?

SOLUTION

This is the best solution i found for the moment (with Host filtering / Port forwarding / Hyper-lane active) :

1) Disable the host filtering

Hey, welcome to the forum. Simply untick "enabled" where your console is at the top of the page.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ran into a similar issue as this.  Host filtering, congestion control, and vpn menu options are stuck in an eternal loading loop.  The profiles tab gives me this error code: Error loading profiles page. Please post issue at forum.netduma.com. Network monitor tab doesn't show any of my devices on my network and the device manager tab is also stuck in the eternal loading loop.  

I've waited quite a while on each screen and there has been no change.  I have also tried rebooting several times to no change.  I also upgraded versions hoping that would help the problem but it did not.  All of the fixes that I've seen in this post is dependent upon actually being able to access one of the menus, which I am unable to do.  I've even unplugged it for 10 seconds (and an hour) and plugged it back in.  I'm all out of ideas and have no idea what else I can try.  

The router is still functioning as a router for the most part.  Once to twice a week I have to restart the router because I lose internet connection (I have independently restarted the router and my modem and found that the router is the one that is causing the connection to be lost).

I'd really appreciate some guidance as to what steps to take next to troubleshoot or replace the router.  

I've ran into a similar issue as this. Host filtering, congestion control, and vpn menu options are stuck in an eternal loading loop. The profiles tab gives me this error code: Error loading profiles page. Please post issue at forum.netduma.com. Network monitor tab doesn't show any of my devices on my network and the device manager tab is also stuck in the eternal loading loop.

I've waited quite a while on each screen and there has been no change. I have also tried rebooting several times to no change. I also upgraded versions hoping that would help the problem but it did not. All of the fixes that I've seen in this post is dependent upon actually being able to access one of the menus, which I am unable to do. I've even unplugged it for 10 seconds (and an hour) and plugged it back in. I'm all out of ideas and have no idea what else I can try.

The router is still functioning as a router for the most part. Once to twice a week I have to restart the router because I lose internet connection (I have independently restarted the router and my modem and found that the router is the one that is causing the connection to be lost).

I'd really appreciate some guidance as to what steps to take next to troubleshoot or replace the router.

Hi mate,

You can try this:

1) Untick the cookies on Miscallenous

2) Flush your navigation cache on Chrome or Firefox

3) Tick the cookies on Miscallenous

4) Reboot the router and test it

Hi Brew, follow Chive's advice above. If that doesn't help please factory reset from miscellaneous settings (if you're able to access it)

Sorry it took so long to get back.

I tried and the miscellaneous is also stuck in the infinite loading loop.  I can access all of the other tabs in the settings menu. 

Thanks Chive and Fraser for trying to help!

• Administrators

Sorry it took so long to get back.

I tried and the miscellaneous is also stuck in the infinite loading loop.  I can access all of the other tabs in the settings menu. 

Thanks Chive and Fraser for trying to help!

Are you using Google Chrome/Firefox when trying to access? Follow this to isolate the router http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-helpthen try accessing miscellaneous settings and factory resetting.

• 1 month later...
  • Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum. If you're having issues please make another thread with more details about the problem you're having and we'll help you.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

after a lots of researchs and thoughts, i've found a solution to "delete" the slow GUI problem (slow interface when rules in port forwarding are active).

I said "delete" because it's not permanent but you have to complete 2 simple things to avoid that issue.

TESTS

For the moment, i will explain how i found my solution (the console need to be lauchned after you've activated specific options for each test):

1) Host filtering ON / Port forwarding ON / Hyper-lane OFF = no issue

2) Host filtering OFF / Port forwarding ON / Hyper-lane ON = no issue

3) Host filtering ON / Port forwarding OFF / Hyper-lane ON = no issue

4) Host filtering ON / Port forwarding ON / Hyper-lane ON = slow interface

5) Host filtering ON / UPNP OFF / Hyper-lane ON = no issue

6) Host filtering ON / UPNP ON / Hyper-lane ON = no issue

After those tests, we can deduce that there is an issue between host filtering and the port forwarding while hyper-lane is active.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION

This is the best solution i found for the moment (with Host filtering / Port forwarding / Hyper-lane active) :

1) Disable the host filtering

2) Launch your console

3) Let your console run to the main menu

4) Enable the host filtering

5) Enjoy  :D

After you've finished your gaming session, don't forget to disable the host filtering for the next time.

------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION

As i can read in a lots of threads in the forum, there is still some bugs on the actual firmware but we can find solution ourselves and find the best way to use our router.

If you have any questions about this, just let me now.

It was Chive, peace out DUMA ARMY!

Hey amigo, I followed your new guide you posted last week on the proper way to set up the Netduma. I didn't have any issues until today while using the port forwarding. But today the Duma GUI interface started slowing down. I disabled the port forwarding, but is this solution still the best thing to do?

Hey amigo, I followed your new guide you posted last week on the proper way to set up the Netduma. I didn't have any issues until today while using the port forwarding. But today the Duma GUI interface started slowing down. I disabled the port forwarding, but is this solution still the best thing to do?

Yes, for sure.

I'm still using it.

I don't know if it was a coincidence but stopping ad blocker on the netduma domain fixed my UI problems.

Yes, Adblock can be an issue but it's not the cause of the problem here.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DumaOS isn't going to be released a year from now, it's much sooner than that. We can help you to fix this problem, I've seen that you've made a thread about this previously and it wasn't resolved, so please make a post on the 1 on 1 section and we'll take a much closer look at the problem. Whilst it might seem like a common problem on this forum, in terms of people using the router it's very rare - and we've had success resolving it with other people. I'm confident we'll get it fixed in a 1 on 1 :)

The problem is definitely port-related, we're trying to get to the bottom of it but I'm glad you haven't encountered it yet. As I said above, the problem is a rare one; loads of Netduma users use port forwarding, UPnP and hyper traffic without any issues.

I"m just browsing through the forum and came upon this.  It is getting very close to a YEAR for DumaOS to be released :D.

• 5 months later...

DumaOS isn't going to be released a year from now, it's much sooner than that. We can help you to fix this problem, I've seen that you've made a thread about this previously and it wasn't resolved, so please make a post on the 1 on 1 section and we'll take a much closer look at the problem. Whilst it might seem like a common problem on this forum, in terms of people using the router it's very rare - and we've had success resolving it with other people. I'm confident we'll get it fixed in a 1 on 1 :)

The problem is definitely port-related, we're trying to get to the bottom of it but I'm glad you haven't encountered it yet. As I said above, the problem is a rare one; loads of Netduma users use port forwarding, UPnP and hyper traffic without any issues.

What a effin joke. It passed a year. 

• Administrators

What a effin joke. It passed a year. 

DumaOS will be out this April for the R1: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23315-major-announcement-netduma-partner-with-netgear-to-launch-the-nighthawk-xr500-gaming-router/