Does support Reply to anyone? Been waiting for firmware for months.

I asked per the instructions on the upgrade page twice now in the past 4 or so months to be upgraded to the newer firmware. Neither time did i get an email saying it was ok to update.

Its incredibly frustrating, there is no support email address, phone number, etc.  And they don't reply to the forums? suggestions?

:(

You are to view the thread waiting for Fraser to reply to you, not by email.

Well that is frustrating.  Last time i asked i did not subscribe to the topic because i did not want a tun of emails from everyone posting.  I can't search the topic for my posts. it don't find my name. So i don't even know how to see my last post.  So how i would find a reply is beyond me.

I found my post this time by staring at the back and going through each post looking for my name manually.  There is no reply.

As an IT manager who has updated hundreds of different firmware over my career, this all seems kind of clownshoes.

• Netduma Staff

I have posted to that topic twice.  once 5 days ago. once much longer ago.

Fraser will 'quote' your post when he replies to you, meaning the 'bell' icon next to the sign-out button will have a red notification on it. You can click this to go to the post that quoted you.

The reason your router has to be checked it because a bug was found in the upgrade process for versions below 1.03.5 that could cause your router to break during the upgrade.

Fraser will 'quote' your post when he replies to you, meaning the 'bell' icon next to the sign-out button will have a red notification on it. You can click this to go to the post that quoted you.

The reason your router has to be checked it because a bug was found in the upgrade process for versions below 1.03.5 that could cause your router to break during the upgrade.

Thanks for the explanation!  I see a "!" now. HOpefully its him.  

Thanks again

Just to add, Fraser has not been very well of late. The team are a small group of guys trying to make peoples gaming experience better. Not a multinational corporation.

Seriously they are just trying to help us all have a better connection with our online gaming. In the near 2 years they have been in business they gave done an exceptional job n my opinion and I've been in business for over 30 years.

I find if people are polite and patient in any walk of life you get better results than throwing the dummy and calling people names.

I also totally understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't working as it should but am old enough to take a deep breath.

Hopefully you will be sorted out soon, at the end of the day, nobody is gonna die ;)

Just to add, Fraser has not been very well of late. The team are a small group of guys trying to make peoples gaming experience better. Not a multinational corporation.

Seriously they are just trying to help us all have a better connection with our online gaming. In the near 2 years they have been in business they gave done an exceptional job n my opinion and I've been in business for over 30 years.

I find if people are polite and patient in any walk of life you get better results than throwing the dummy and calling people names.

I also totally understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't working as it should but am old enough to take a deep breath.

Hopefully you will be sorted out soon, at the end of the day, nobody is gonna die ;)

Words of a true dummy...

I really don't want to say it... But... I've upgraded/downgraded like 300 times when I was having problems and as long as I upgraded to 1.03.5m first, then 1.03.6, I never had a brick and/or problem.

ea6bb85edcbb40fab77cc18431066ada.png

• Administrators

I went back to April and couldn't see a post of yours though could have missed it. We have been doing upgrades every day for almost 10months now - there are 65 pages of people needing to upgrade, having a few delays is expected. 

I have passed upgrades along to Devs every day but they are very busy currently on DumaOS. When your router has been checked I will quote your post and reply to you. I won't email you. 

The email is [email protected], you have various avenues of support - the live/offline chat on our support website/main website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. We do respond to the forum every day, I even do it on the weekends as well - just look at my post count. My point is the support is there, we are not ignoring you. We are a small team and so sometimes there will be delays.

Anyways, I'll put pressure on the Devs today to do the upgrades.

As much as i agree nobody is going to die. But I am busy. My time matters to me.

And yes maybe they are a small group of guys trying to make peoples gaming better. But they are also running a business charging real money (a significant amount for the hardware provided), so they have an obligation to support the product.

if its not done today I wont be able to do it for 5 days.  Then do i risk bricking my system if it rebooted for some reason? who knows.

Seems odd they would not fix the patch to automate this check or give us instruction to do it ourselves.

Side question, how do they know my routers IP etc to do the check? Did i register it at some point and don't remember?

I went back to April and couldn't see a post of yours though could have missed it. We have been doing upgrades every day for almost 10months now - there are 65 pages of people needing to upgrade, having a few delays is expected. 

I have passed upgrades along to Devs every day but they are very busy currently on DumaOS. When your router has been checked I will quote your post and reply to you. I won't email you. 

The email is [email protected], you have various avenues of support - the live/offline chat on our support website/main website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. We do respond to the forum every day, I even do it on the weekends as well - just look at my post count. My point is the support is there, we are not ignoring you. We are a small team and so sometimes there will be delays.

Anyways, I'll put pressure on the Devs today to do the upgrades.

Thank you for the information.  Sooo.. I was like what is DumaOS.  googled.  Sounds exciting. I look forward to checking it out.

But I am busy. My time matters to me.

And yes maybe they are a small group of guys trying to make peoples gaming better. But they are also running a business charging real money (a significant amount for the hardware provided), so they have an obligation to support the product.

Side question, how do they know my routers IP etc to do the check? Did i register it at some point and don't remember?

Isn't everyone busy?

And no, they aren't under obligation to provide free firmware upgrades.

Would I be right to assume that you are the one that skipped a firmware upgrade causing you to have to wait like this?

I also searched the 'Upgrade' thread, every page, and I couldn't find a post from you from 4 months (ish) ago.

Your IP isn't hidden so they can see it. If you Google 'what is my IP?' you will find a bunch of websites that will also be able to see it.

Isn't everyone busy?

And no, they aren't under obligation to provide free firmware upgrades.

Would I be right to assume that you are the one that skipped a firmware upgrade causing you to have to wait like this?

I also searched the 'Upgrade' thread, every page, and I couldn't find a post from you from 4 months (ish) ago.

Your IP isn't hidden so they can see it. If you Google 'what is my IP?' you will find a bunch of websites that will also be able to see it.

A company that released a tech like this and then offered no support, patches updates, would no longer be a company.  The changing architecture of the product they sell requires updates. Having a security appliance w/o updates is completely irresponsible.  They could do it as a maintenance service fee like many other "business grade" companies do... which after a initial period i would be ok with. I don't mind paying for something that gives me value.. i did after all buy a 200 box that cost 20 to make. :P

And no, I believe it came with this firmware. I bought it in feb. I think i pretty quickly tried to upgrade it and realized i couldn't. 

I don't agree that everyone is busy.  Everyone thinks they are busy, Its all relative.  I work 50-60 hour weeks with two small kids,, 3 dogs and still try and get my gaming in. I average 5 hours sleep to get it all in.  I am an IT manager so i don't browse the forums of every product i own frequently as I am pretty tried of it by the time i get home.  Someone else might not think that's busy, i don't know. 

For the record that is terrible business etiquette. Your a moderator representing a company and your comment is "isn't everyone busy".  If i heard someone from our helpdesk talk like that I would have the helpdesk supervisor in my office having a talk.

As far as the IP, what if i posted from work or my phone? that IP would not represent my routers ip.  And most ISP's have dynamic IPs.  Its been 6 days since my post, even if i did post it from home that is an assumption that it did not change. There has to be more to it than that?

I am sure you have already read this and are aware of the importance of following instructions as you are an IT manager.

Now that everybody is aware of your situation please just follow the instructions as advised and I am sure you will be on the latest version before you can fit in your next gaming session to your busy schedule.

Thank you and "have a nice day" as yall say. :)

Please follow all instructions very carefully.

DO NOT ASSUME YOU'RE ON 1.03.5m PLEASE CHECK FIRST.

If you are on a version lower than 1.03.5m please do not upgrade yet. If you are on 1.03.6h YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE. You are on the latest version. The only difference between g & h is an updated EULA. There is no feature difference.

To check the version you are on, scroll to the bottom of any page on your Netduma router's interface. 
If you choose to upgrade without contacting us you could completely break your router. You will then need to pay for the router to be returned to our office in the UK and then sent back to your home. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE BY DOING EACH UPGRADE IN SEQUENCE (NB: the reason for charging you for this potential return is we have not charged for any upgrades (because we love our user community) but we cannot be penalised for people not reading clear instructions).

Instead, comment here saying you are on an older version than 1.03.5 and have remote support ticked (found in >settings >miscellaneous) and that you want to upgrade. We will then access your router and change settings so you can download the upgrade safely. Once we have told you it is safe to upgrade DO NOT REBOOT BEFORE UPGRADING.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

"Thank you and "have a nice day" as yall say"

Wow, your very worldly.  I'm not sure why your associating me with a redneck or why your be prejudiced.    That seems like an strange conclusion to come to.  Especially since it shows my location on my profile. You should get some more learning. (did i imitate a "redneck" properly?)

As stated 2-3 times. i did that. did not get a response in 5 days hence this post. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

This is a first for me. A company making prejudiced comments to customers..  neat. All confidence fully lost. 

"Thank you and "have a nice day" as yall say"

Wow, your very worldly.  I'm not sure why your associating me with a redneck or why your be prejudiced.    That seems like an strange conclusion to come to.  Especially since it shows my location on my profile. You should get some more learning. (did i imitate a "redneck" properly?)

As stated 2-3 times. i did that. did not get a response in 5 days hence this post. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

This is a first for me. A company making prejudiced comments to customers..  neat. All confidence fully lost. 

One last point before i leave the conversation, You are the "IT Manager" I am not , I take photographs for a living. So you in theory should have worked this out well before me, BUT. Mine works fine, I have managed to upgrade and basically make it all work because it is not that hard. .

Im sorry to point this out but really,???????

I really do hope you get it all sorted out I really do but please stop having a go at people that are trying to help you.

Goodnight Winston!!!!!!!!

• Netduma Staff

As far as the IP, what if i posted from work or my phone? that IP would not represent my routers ip.  And most ISP's have dynamic IPs.  Its been 6 days since my post, even if i did post it from home that is an assumption that it did not change. There has to be more to it than that?

If your concerned that we won't have the correct IP due to posting from your mobile etc, you could PM it to Fraser and put a post in the upgrade thread saying that you have done so.

• Administrators

Okay lets all calm down. I will reply in the upgrade thread once your router has been checked. If you're concerned about the IP having changed please do the above as Crossy says.

This could all be fixed if you let people upgrade to 1.03.5m first and then upgrade to 1.03.6 on their own at their own risk...

If it was that easy we would have. Plus if it was at their own risk then most people wouldn't do it and we'd have to try and support differing versions.

This could all be fixed if you let people upgrade to 1.03.5m first and then upgrade to 1.03.6 on their own at their own risk...

This assumes that the majority of people are capable.

And you know as well as I do that a significant majority would be looking for the corner in a round room.

I don't agree that everyone is busy.  Everyone thinks they are busy, Its all relative.  I work 50-60 hour weeks with two small kids, 3 dogs and still try and get my gaming in. I average 5 hours sleep to get it all in.  I am an IT manager so i don't browse the forums of every product i own frequently as I am pretty tried of it by the time i get home.  Someone else might not think that's busy, i don't know. 

For the record that is terrible business etiquette. Your a moderator representing a company and your comment is "isn't everyone busy".  If i heard someone from our helpdesk talk like that I would have the helpdesk supervisor in my office having a talk.

No need to take offence, I just meant that you're not special as far as 'being busy' goes. You're busy, I'm busy, we're busy.

I'm an unpaid moderator. My views are 100% my own. I'm here to help people that are polite and courteous and I'm happy to.

If you were an IT manager at my company, I'd replace you with a cactus as it would be less prickly.

you can do anything at your own risk...flash this thing to a blank firmware, run it underwater, upgrade it...

but if you want to be supported just follow the directions of the devs, trust me we don't tell people don't do something for fun (i don't dev for duma but other companies).  If we say don't do it, we mean hey this can really break something.

But having said that, feel free to do anything...you bought it, you can break it.

If your concerned that we won't have the correct IP due to posting from your mobile etc, you could PM it to Fraser and put a post in the upgrade thread saying that you have done so.

Ok. thank you for your assistance.

Archived