Destiny: Rise of Iron DLC Results

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fraser, thanks for being updated on the dlc in games like the Iron Rebellion fate, I love this product r1 is very good I have version 1.03.6g, I have a problem is that my geographic filter does not work well I allocate a distance Limit to the Servers / players I want in my range and any player outside this range is not blocked. I am from Peru and the geofilter I put it for South America and it does not block the American players would have much lang by the distance. I give you my values ​​so that you help me in what I am wrong. Please help me, thank you.

the r1 in dmz

Hi Fraser, thank you for being concerned and being updated on the dlc in games like destiny Iron rebellion, my problem is that my geo filter does not work well

Como cambiaste el idioma en la interfaz?

Como cambiaste el idioma en la interfaz?

la pagina donde abro la interfaz es el navegador Chrome donde traduce o cambia el idioma automáticamente a mi idioma o cualquier idioma que gustes 

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, an update for the newest DLC for Destiny. 

It appears to be working absolutely fine with the Geo-filter. I didn't experience any booting with strict off & had mostly all green games inside my radius. If anyone was below green they did not seem to adversely affect my connection and shots still continued to register.

If you're having any issues let me know in this thread so I can look out for them.

I am not an expert on networking so I am having trouble understanding how to set up my router. I play destiny primarily. I used the online manual and loaded the profile for destiny and when I try to connect to the game I get"failed to download configuration files" nightingale. But I can connect to destiny directly through the modem. I have been having lag issues every since I played destiny in PvP even though I am always green bar and have a dedicated internet just for my console. With a consistent 15-16 me ping using fat packet command prompt ping test. Anyway I was wondering if yu guys can do a remote session to set up my router. I can log into and play other games on my net duma.

• Netduma Staff

I am not an expert on networking so I am having trouble understanding how to set up my router. I play destiny primarily. I used the online manual and loaded the profile for destiny and when I try to connect to the game I get"failed to download configuration files" nightingale. But I can connect to destiny directly through the modem. I have been having lag issues every since I played destiny in PvP even though I am always green bar and have a dedicated internet just for my console. With a consistent 15-16 me ping using fat packet command prompt ping test. Anyway I was wondering if yu guys can do a remote session to set up my router. I can log into and play other games on my net duma.

Hi, welcome to the forum! So first of all, with Destiny you need to make sure you have 'Strict Mode' disabled on the Host Filtering page. When you get this particular error, do you see anything being blocked on the Geo-filter map? Maybe a padlock? Also, try setting your radius to something larger than 1000km.

Usually these Destiny errors are caused by servers being incorrectly blocked by the Geo-filter, since Destiny updates their servers all the time to different configurations. If this error persists, you can always disable the Geo-filter, which will make the Netduma act like a standard router but still eliminate lag caused by local devices using Congestion Control.

Does this error still happen when you disable the Geo-filter?

I actually disconnected the net duma and connected directly to the modem yesterday, but I will try doing that today. By the way I have a dedicated business class Comcast line just for my console nothing else is connected other when I use my tablet to get into my net duma.

For some reason when I tried to apply the cloud settings and load destiny settings it wouldn't work. I do have the strict mode off. I didn't know I could see if anything was blocked on the geo filter. And I set my area to 4000 km, but don't know what to do with the ping assist.

I am not getting booted from the game and I can play it through the net duma but I still have lag especially in crucible, even though I'm green bar all the time. I have tried it with geo filter disabled and it's about the same.

• Netduma Staff

I am not getting booted from the game and I can play it through the net duma but I still have lag especially in crucible, even though I'm green bar all the time. I have tried it with geo filter disabled and it's about the same.

I will say a ping of around 15ms is fantastic - try running an Internet Diagnostics and see if you've got any spikes / jitter causing lag. This could be a case of other players causing lag on the network - make sure if you have a really bad host you use the Deny feature so you don't connect to it again. You could also reduce your radius a tad since 4000km is quite high.

If you want more information than the Internet Diagnostics, you could always run a PingPlotter test for a few hours and get some results. As I say though, 15ms is great for gaming so it sounds like the Netduma is doing its job properly.

I have run the diagnostic on the net duma and get exceptional on ping jitter and spikes and zero packet loss. I don't know what a ping plotter is but I do run a command prompt fat packet speed text on my laptop, and can run it forever with the same results. That's why assume that others is some ports on destinys server's that are separate from Xbox live. So I assumed the that when you load the destiny settings on the profile section would do that. Also whenever I load the profile and check it later it's not there anymore, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Also why isn't there a destiny choice in the service's window on the geo filter.

Also I'm not sure if there isn't a problem with my profile on destinys server's, have you ever heard of that ?

• Netduma Staff

I have run the diagnostic on the net duma and get exceptional on ping jitter and spikes and zero packet loss. I don't know what a ping plotter is but I do run a command prompt fat packet speed text on my laptop, and can run it forever with the same results. That's why assume that others is some ports on destinys server's that are separate from Xbox live. So I assumed the that when you load the destiny settings on the profile section would do that. Also whenever I load the profile and check it later it's not there anymore, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Also why isn't there a destiny choice in the service's window on the geo filter.

Also I'm not sure if there isn't a problem with my profile on destinys server's, have you ever heard of that ?

When you load a profile and go back to the profile page, the drop-down will show 'General Gaming'. This is just a graphics bug, the profile you selected originally will still be applied. The Geo-filter service works for specific ports; selecting the one for your console will cover the necessary ports for Destiny (just like Hyper Traffic.)

If you're getting errors on Destiny, try going into Settings > Miscellaneous. Disable 'Auto Cloud' and put these cloud numbers in: 35, 32, 28.

Thanks I'll try that, I had cloud set to 30 28 28, also when I set the cloud settings before and went back to check the where on auto again, is it the same as the destiny profile glitch. Also considering the fact that this is a dedicated bikinis class line, and the only other device connected is my tablet and then only when I'm accessing the net duma what settings should I use to improve my gaming with destiny, and what settings are not necessary.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks I'll try that, I had cloud set to 30 28 28, also when I set the cloud settings before and went back to check the where on auto again, is it the same as the destiny profile glitch. Also considering the fact that this is a dedicated bikinis class line, and the only other device connected is my tablet and then only when I'm accessing the net duma what settings should I use to improve my gaming with destiny, and what settings are not necessary.

Actually, my mistake - the latest cloud numbers are 35, 33, 28. (Middle number was wrong). Try out these settings for Destiny:

- 1000km Distance
- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On (Off if playing Destiny)
- 70% anti-flood
- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test

If your Diagnosis test shows anything less than 'Exceptional', then there are improvements you could make on your line to get a better base ping and more stability. You could also try running some tests with Anti-flood to get the best values, though usually we recommend 70/70 as a place to start.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks I'll try that, and did noticed that my pins where around 30, and when I reset the modem it goes down to 15. So I should probably do that more often. I have a netgear cm 1000, with support for 3.1 docsis3 and 6gbps. Also on host filtering do change the home location to where I live. And on host filtering why Isn't there a choice for destiny under services. And on cloud the middle # only goes to 32. Do I use preemptive or reactive algorithm. One more thing should I reset router after applying settings

I get good-exceptional-exceptional-no loss when I run speed test.

After rebooting my router I got same results, yet after rebooting modem I got exceptional on all. So I guess should reboot my modem more often. Also could you give me more details on how to use the destiny profile.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks I'll try that, and did noticed that my pins where around 30, and when I reset the modem it goes down to 15. So I should probably do that more often. I have a netgear cm 1000, with support for 3.1 docsis3 and 6gbps. Also on host filtering do change the home location to where I live. And on host filtering why Isn't there a choice for destiny under services. And on cloud the middle # only goes to 32. Do I use preemptive or reactive algorithm. One more thing should I reset router after applying settings

I get good-exceptional-exceptional-no loss when I run speed test.

After rebooting my router I got same results, yet after rebooting modem I got exceptional on all. So I guess should reboot my modem more often. Also could you give me more details on how to use the destiny profile.

There isn't a service in Host Filtering for Destiny for the reason I stated above - many games do not have a specific service because the main console services cover everything those games will ever need. Use the number 32 cloud number - that was my mistake, it is not 33. If the speeds you pay for are below 50mbps, use the Pre-emptive algorithm. Anything above, use the Reactive algorithm.