Destiny: Rise of Iron DLC Results

• Administrators

Hey guys, an update for the newest DLC for Destiny. 

It appears to be working absolutely fine with the Geo-filter. I didn't experience any booting with strict off & had mostly all green games inside my radius. If anyone was below green they did not seem to adversely affect my connection and shots still continued to register.

If you're having any issues let me know in this thread so I can look out for them.

Hi Fraser, thanks for being updated on the dlc in games like the Iron Rebellion fate, I love this product r1 is very good I have version 1.03.6g, I have a problem is that my geographic filter does not work well I allocate a distance Limit to the Servers / players I want in my range and any player outside this range is not blocked. I am from Peru and the geofilter I put it for South America and it does not block the American players would have much lang by the distance. I give you my values ​​so that you help me in what I am wrong. Please help me, thank you.

the r1 in dmz

Hi Fraser, thank you for being concerned and being updated on the dlc in games like destiny Iron rebellion, my problem is that my geo filter does not work well

post-8626-0-07568500-1479863783_thumb.png

post-8626-0-18958200-1479863839_thumb.png

post-8626-0-51726000-1479863885_thumb.png

post-8626-0-69775500-1479863929_thumb.png

post-8626-0-56430900-1479863969_thumb.png

post-8626-0-45694400-1479863998_thumb.png

post-8626-0-35267300-1479864030_thumb.png

post-8626-0-16112500-1479864071_thumb.png

post-8626-0-67488700-1479864118_thumb.png

• Administrators

Okay so it looks like a potential issue is that you're filtering twice and well as using hyper traffic twice. Those ports are already encompassed in the console server. So I recommend removing the port hyper traffic rule and disabling the port Geo-filter. So you're just using the console service itself. Try that and see if it is improved. What is your peer ping saying the average ping of the game is?

Hola Fraser he seguido su consejo que poner todo lo que indica el manual, pero tengo problemas con el Geo-filtro no puedo limitar el alcance de menos de 2000 debido a que dejo el juego, tengo que poner más de 4000 killometros Para reproducir. No tuve ningún problema antes, entrar en Juagdores que están fuera de mi geofilter. Speedtest.net de ping r1 es de 1 ms, de 8 ms de ping gráfico, 120ms promedio de juego de ping. Tengo el castor cuando está bajo el rango geofitre hasta 2000. Necesito 1a1 gracias.

Enrutador R1 NETDUMA

Habilitar UPnP

Wan Ipv6 personas de movilidad reducida, IPv6 de LAN, discapacitados, ipv6 diverso deshabilitado

Activar el reenvío de UPnP. EN

Habilitar las cookies. EN

Router empresa

IP netduma R1 en DMZ

Corta Fuegos

UPnP fuera

Asignación de puertos para discapacitados

post-8626-0-16916200-1480037088_thumb.png

post-8626-0-50958700-1480037128_thumb.png

post-8626-0-74370600-1480037210_thumb.png

post-8626-0-32401800-1480037252_thumb.png

post-8626-0-42951100-1480037404_thumb.png

post-8626-0-25812600-1480037583_thumb.png

• Administrators

Haga que su radio cubra la totalidad de Sudamérica - puede haber un servidor en Brasil. No incluya a los Estados Unidos en su radio. Estricto. Deberías conseguir más jugadores locales de esa manera. Definitivamente no debería tener un candado si estricto estaba apagado.

Have your radius cover the entirety of South America - there may be a server in Brazil. Don't include the US in your radius. Strict off. You should get more local players that way. Definitely shouldn't have a padlock if strict was off.

Fraser,

What settings are you using using when playing destiny?

Okay so I have been testing the Netduma out using Destiny ROI, when I played PVP, I was getting destroyed like never before, however I rarely play Destiny PVP so I am a noob however I felt the games were super laggy.  I played on the destiny profile and only changed the radius to be bigger in geo filter because I was getting booted.

Now enters my son who is a Destiny PVP guru.  He has been MIA for a couple of weeks but has played enough to get back in the swing of things, IMHO.  With that being said his stats like KDR, skill, points have all gone down with using the Netduma.  I have yet to ask him if the games are laggy so this is just going off of stat comparison, pre and post Netduma install.

Settings:

Destiny profile uploaded.

Host filtering: Enabled and host ticked

Anti flood" Preemptive. With reactive on, buffer bloat is a B or C, so I use preemptive.

85% down load, 90% upload settings, DSL speed test report: A+, A (buffer bloat) and A+

Changed geo filter to include the entire US, so approximate 4400KM

Un-ticked every setting in misc and only ticked stealth mode (enabled).

IPV6 enabled: My ISP offers IPV6 and I have been using it on my previous router with out any lag issues.

XBOX service selected in hyper traffic.

Priority settings: default (all equal). share is ticked.

ISP: Cable 50DL 5UL.

UPnP: Enabled.

NAT is open.

Cloud enabled with autocloud & bleeding edge ticked

FYI:  Tried every setting in congestion control from 10% to 100% on both UL and DL. The best I can get is an A for buffer bloat but is consistent.  Ran the diagnostic test via Netduma interface Ping:  Good, Jitter and spikes are exceptional with 0 packet loss

Any Ideas?

Update:  Asked him and he said the games are getting worse.  I am surprised that the lag is worse than my ASUS router.  I would think it would be the same if not a little better when playing Destiny PVP.

Okay no replies but that is okay. My son said he is getting booted in trials lobbies and is getting more frequent..

Made these changes:

MTU changed from manual (1500) to auto for wan and lan.

Ticked upnp forwarding in misc settings.

Reset cloud settings.

Will see how it goes.

• Administrators

I am using the standard settings of ~1000km radius with strict off.

I would not worry about bufferbloat, I would just leave it at 70/70 personally as that will eliminate any lag caused by other devices in your home. 

You don't need to change MTU. UPnP forwarding isn't needed as you already have an open NAT.

I can't really advise based on in game statistics. What is the average ping saying on peer ping?

If you're getting booted can you see anything being blocked?

So buffer bloat not something to worry about now? Changed mtu since that does cause connections issues. Even though 1500 is the correct setting just wanted to try everything to help with getting booted. I'm not sure what the upnp does on the misc settings so i just enabled it.
Avg peer ping was 40 to 80 depending on who i selected to ping in geo filter.
Nothing on the map that i can see that is blocked. All hostd look good.
I'm using his stats as an unbiased test. He does not know I'm changing things so he is my test subject so to speak. When you are doing bad it ez to blame lag especially if you know you tweaked the internet. So I'll make changes and ask him how it went and check his stats. His stats are down and he is getting booted way more than ever before, in private matches and in trials.

Im thinking the Netduma is only effective for p2p games so if playing a game with dedicated servers it is not use ful.

• 4 weeks later...

Fraser,

What are the new cloud settings for Destiny?  I also noticed half this thread that had that info it has been deleted.. I plan on testing it out again the next week or so.

• Administrators

Fraser,

What are the new cloud settings for Destiny?  I also noticed half this thread that had that info it has been deleted.. I plan on testing it out again the next week or so.

Use 30, 28, 28. I haven't deleted anything so not sure why that would have occurred unless someone was banned.

Use 30, 28, 28. I haven't deleted anything so not sure why that would have occurred unless someone was banned.

So I just checked this morning and looks like when I unticked auto cloud and bleeding edge and entered these settings manually it did not save as auto cloud and bleeding edge were still ticked.  With that being said, my sone only got booted once (normal IMHO) this past weekend.  So would I/he benefit with entering these settings manually or just leave in auto?

Also if I use manual settings will I have connection issues with other games, TF2, BF1, or COD.

• Administrators

I assumed you applied at the time? 

If he only got booted once then that could be for another external factor so leave it on auto/bleeding edge for now. 

I don't think so but that is why I didn't put it as bleeding edge just in case.

I assumed you applied at the time? 

If he only got booted once then that could be for another external factor so leave it on auto/bleeding edge for now. 

I don't think so but that is why I didn't put it as bleeding edge just in case.

Yes applied them when I manually entered them.  From my experience an occasional booting is normal and has nothing to do with the Netduma.  Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi fraser,

I wanted to ask the same question. Ever since the new update was implemented in the rise of iron dlc. I always get disconnected in the game and even in the reef and trials. any tips how to fix it ?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Untick auto & bleeding edge cloud in miscellaneous settings and choose these numbers manually and apply.

• Administrators

Just an FYI with the cloud set to 30. 28. 28 There has been no issues with getting booted from lobbies for close to 2 weeks now. Good job Fraser and thanks!  When can I change it back to auto?

That is fantastic to hear thank you! Now that I know that is seems to work I will need to test a few other games on those cloud settings just to make sure it hasn't messed up anything, if it hasn't then I can move them over to auto/bleeding edge :)

• 1 month later...