DumaOS - Development Update

Netduma Iain

I agree with the idea that if your a moderator, you should definitely be more polite. Does the saying go "kill them with kindness"? Being drunk is no excuse if you can't handle your alcohol then don't drink it or lose your privilege to moderate. I do understand people in here can be hostile but adding more to the fire with more negativity to the already negative does not make for a great reputation. I do not understand what these bugs are that everyone has issues with and I am just a regular user just like everyone else lol. The only issues I ever see is user setup error or just a plain old bad ISP. Sure the netduma can be slow from time to time but nothing substantial.

If this how you moderate, then maybe you shouldn't be one.  You are suppose to deescalate the situation and not make it worse.

There's only so much de-escalting that one person can take before slaps need to be handed out. We're just community members like you, the difference being that we try to help people rather than just bitch and moan about stuff like most do.

I agree with the idea that if your a moderator, you should definitely be more polite. Does the saying go "kill them with kindness"? Being drunk is no excuse if you can't handle your alcohol then don't drink it or lose your privilege to moderate.

I expect that Bags is mashed due to some heavy-duty meds after his recent surgery.

Which, if an excuse were necessary, would certainly qualify.

It's not like operating heavy machinery while under the influence though. I'm sure everyone can take a little bit of stick, there's been plenty sent this way lately.

There's only so much de-escalting that one person can take before slaps need to be handed out. We're just community members like you, the difference being that we try to help people rather than just bitch and moan about stuff like most do.

I expect that Bags is mashed due to some heavy-duty meds after his recent surgery.

Which, if an excuse were necessary, would certainly qualify.

It's not like operating heavy machinery while under the influence though. I'm sure everyone can take a little bit of stick, there's been plenty sent this way lately.

Ah, I see. Well either way I wish this forum would remain more polite. When I first signed up on here it seemed so much calmer, now people have become more hostile it seems. Maybe it's always been this way and I've never noticed it. But I don't really think that's the case. I think once the beta finally drops people will finally release some aggravation to do with it. But I can definitely tell why having it as bug free would mean a big deal, as it is people are already crying about a "buggy" OS which yeah it's maybe not perfect but again I still have yet to see any issues at all lol. There's been a few times when settings didn't save as they should but it wasn't anything to make a stink about because that hardly ever occurred even when removing full power from the device (power outages, arranging stuff etc).

AlsaibaiH:

There is a big difference between coming here to whine/complain and asking for help.

As they said, just create a new thread with all informations and details you can bring: we can't help you if we're not aware of your issue.

If you don't trust the staff then, install Teamviewer on your computer.

I will show you how it works and prove that the firmware is not buggy as you think it is (Kevo who were not in a good mood with his router recently can tell you).

For all:

Most of members and staff here are just tired to repeat the same things over and over because people don't want to listen and prefer spit on the DUMA Team.

Yes, there is a problem with communication.

Yes, there is a problem with delays.

And then? We need a Battle Royale here?

No. So we need to calm down here and let them work on the firmware.

• Netduma Staff

Here we are end of March.

I suggest the team stop giving any idea of beta or release dates.

To EVERYONE interested in DumaOS Development:

Please click this link: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19991-dumaos-announcement-development-progress-testing/?p=144170 for the latest update. Please also use this thread to comment about DumaOS and receive news in the future.

This thread is now locked. Thank you.