Any idea why this happens?

iAmMoDBoX

• Netduma Staff

Oh I know, I'm only saying with any kind of software development new features or changes always leaves room for unexpected bugs and problems. I've learned over the years working with electronics that if "it ain't broke, don't fix it" because who knows what can of worms you could open up down the line. Of course I'm speaking in general, not about the R1 at this point. That's why we never have final versions of anything and there are always updates and fixes being pushed out in the digital world we live in these days.

Yeah, I was just saying that these versions have risked. As Zennon said, I've been on the latest update for a while and haven't experienced and bugs (well, I had one but apparently I was just very unlucky).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave the router it does take a little while that pic was taken while its still updating :)

It's been over 20 minutes since I updated when I said "it's only a $200 router lets break it" lol it already rebooted and did it's thing. I just left the update dialog in the background because I knew once it rebooted I wouldn't be able to access it to include the version in the screenshot.

35gVbqk.jpg

So it has rebooted it is fully bootable and you can see at the bottom of the page  1.03.4?

Are you trying to access it from LAN or WAN side?

If I reboot it so it works again and I can access it, then absolutely it is on 1.03.4. Right now it's in it's non working mode so I can't access it over wan and my xbox has no internet connection through it.

• Netduma Staff

If I reboot it so it works again and I can access it, then absolutely it is on 1.03.4. Right now it's in it's non working mode so I can't access it over wan and my xbox has no internet connection through it.

But you can access it from LAN? I know you checked hit before but is there a number after 'WAN IP'? Can you ping that from the WAN if there is one? :)

But you can access it from LAN? I know you checked hit before but is there a number after 'WAN IP'? Can you ping that from the WAN if there is one? :)

Yeah LAN has never been an issue but due to my network setup WAN access is really the only way to access it... WAN IP is the IP I try pinging with no luck. But even if we forget about what IP it has or trying to ping it, there is no internet access through it even if it's plugged modem>r1>xbox so it's as if the WAN side just gets shut down.

• Netduma Staff

Yeah LAN has never been an issue but due to my network setup WAN access is really the only way to access it... WAN IP is the IP I try pinging with no luck. But even if we forget about what IP it has or trying to ping it, there is no internet access through it even if it's plugged modem>r1>xbox so it's as if the WAN side just gets shut down.

Thats why I was wanted to confirm that there is a WAN IP showing on the Duma. 

Thats why I was wanted to confirm that there is a WAN IP showing on the Duma. 

Yeah it gets the IP my Asus assigns to it at the moment which is set to a static IP so it can be in the Asus' DMZ. It always shows an IP working or not working.

So you connect via wifi , have you turned off the asus or any other router you have wifi off ? and tested for a clear un congested (from neighbours) channel ?

If at all possible it would be great to test from hardwired cable.

• Netduma Staff

Yeah it gets the IP my Asus assigns to it at the moment which is set to a static IP so it can be in the Asus' DMZ. It always shows an IP working or not working.

Would you be able to give it a dynamic ip (not a static one) and then restart them both and see if it connects normally? :)

Would you be able to give it a dynamic ip (not a static one) and then restart them both and see if it connects normally? :)

I have no way to ping test it that way and I'll end up with a closed NAT but I guess I could test if my xbox connects and see what happens. Guessing since it didn't work without the Asus connected at all, it's probably not going to matter if it's a dynamic IP.

• Netduma Staff

I have no way to ping test it that way and I'll end up with a closed NAT but I guess I could test if my xbox connects and see what happens. Guessing since it didn't work without the Asus connected at all, it's probably not going to matter if it's a dynamic IP.

You could look on the Xbox at the Duma Dashboard and see what the WAN IP is. Then you could ping the IP from your external Network. But testing internet from your Xbox will be fine :) Don't worry about the closed NAT. That can be fixed after if this works :)

You could look on the Xbox at the Duma Dashboard and see what the WAN IP is. Then you could ping the IP from your external Network. But testing internet from your Xbox will be fine :) Don't worry about the closed NAT. That can be fixed after if this works :)

If there's no internet connection it won't let you access internet explorer on the xbox one lol

My asus is also very stubborn and it will keep assigning the same IP to the same device

• Netduma Staff

If there's no internet connection it won't let you access internet explorer on the xbox one lol

Oh, thats stupid, lol. Can you connect your phone or a computer to test?

Can you make sure you have done the following steps :)

1. Power down the modem and Netduma.
  2. Disconnect the coax (cable that comes into the house) from the modem/router and wait 35 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the cable you just unplugged and power up the modem.
  4. Once the modem has a solid ready light, power up the Netduma.
  5. Try to acces the internet after 25 seconds.

Can you see if you can access the internet then :)

Oh, thats stupid, lol. Can you connect your phone or a computer to test?

Yeah I have to get it working first so I can enable the wifi and then I'll test from my phone.

• Netduma Staff

Ok, once you have done the restart thing to get it working try the steps I suggested :)

Just to confirm that they were:

1. Give Netduma normal IP - not Static.
  2. Power down the modem and Netduma.
  3. Disconnect the coax (cable that comes into the house) from the modem/router and wait 35 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the cable you just unplugged and power up the modem.
  5. Once the modem has a solid ready light, power up the Netduma.
  6. Try to acces the internet after 25 seconds from a device connected to the LAN. Try and ping the IP in WAN IP from a device on the WAN network if you are not getting any internet on the LAN :)

Ok, once you have done the restart thing to get it working try the steps I suggested :)

Just to confirm that they were:

1. Give Netduma normal IP - not Static.
  2. Power down the modem and Netduma.
  3. Disconnect the coax (cable that comes into the house) from the modem/router and wait 35 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the cable you just unplugged and power up the modem.
  5. Once the modem has a solid ready light, power up the Netduma.
  6. Try to acces the internet after 25 seconds from a device connected to the LAN. Try and ping the IP in WAN IP from a device on the WAN network if you are not getting any internet on the LAN :)

Been up all night, you lost me on step 6.

Re:earlier suggestion did you try straight from the modem when the internet stopped working on the duma?

Modem>R1>Xbox or Modem>Asus>R1>Xbox both give the same result. No internet access whenever it feels like.

• Netduma Staff

Been up all night, you lost me on step 6.

Modem>R1>Xbox or Modem>Asus>R1>Xbox both give the same result. No internet access whenever it feels like.

Ok, I explained step 6 badly :)

6. After 25 seconds try and access the internet through the Netduma. If you can't access it, through a device connected through the Netduma get the WAN IP from device manager. The try and ping that IP from a device connected to your main router :)

So basically just run those steps in order and post back what the results are :)

Plug your pc or xbox straight to the modem to rule out an issue there if non of the above works out for you.

There's nothing wrong with the modem, I have my pc on the Asus which is connect to my modem and I can reboot it 100 times it will work every time.

• Netduma Staff

Modem>Asus with dynamic IP>R1>iPhone

Z0ws1iH.jpg

g7Ekj0A.jpg

Ok, so your not getting an IP in WAN IP. Just to check this is following the instructions I sent waiting 25 seconds before trying to connect? :)

Archived