Any idea why this happens?

iAmMoDBoX

I run my R1 through my Asus router so only my xbox is connected to it because my speeds are faster than the R1 can put out for my whole network to use... Anyways, I haven't played cod in a while so I disconnected my xbox from the R1 and connected directly to my Asus for playing private gta v matches with my friends. Occasionally I switch back to cod and I want to use my R1 again... When I connect it back up and power it on I can not access the router and when I ping it this is what I get...

HsdMGYi.jpg

o0ibTaP.jpg

After doing a dance of rebooting both the Asus and R1 a bunch of times they finally start working together without a problem. Obviously I access the R1 via wan from my PC, but even through my xbox I get no internet connection until I do this process to get the R1 working.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its possible that the R1 just isn't getting an IP from the Asus router and by restarting them both it eventually gets assigned one.

I don't have an issue with any other device that connects to it though. I have 2 other routers that are used as access points throughout my house and they get an ip without a problem.

• Netduma Staff

I don't have an issue with any other device that connects to it though. I have 2 other routers that are used as access points throughout my house and they get an ip without a problem.

You could check by accessing the Netduma control panel at one of the times you don't get an internet connection and go to device manager and see if there is an IP after 'WAN IP'.

You could check by accessing the Netduma control panel at one of the times you don't get an internet connection and go to device manager and see if there is an IP after 'WAN IP'.

That's the thing, it's inaccessible when this happens lol

• Netduma Staff

Can you access it from the LAN side of the network, via the Xbox? If it hasn't obtained an IP address yet then it won't be accessible from the LAN side. If when you are having the issue of not being able to ping it, can you access the router from the Xbox and see if there is an IP after 'WAN IP'?

Can you access it from the LAN side of the network, via the Xbox? If it hasn't obtained an IP address yet then it won't be accessible from the LAN side. If when you are having the issue of not being able to ping it, can you access the router from the Xbox and see if there is an IP after 'WAN IP'?

I believe I tried this once before through my xbox and it wouldn't connect either... I could enable the wifi and try connecting from my phone as well next time it happens. When this does happen the Asus definitely shows it connected and gives it an IP so I can't see it being an issue with the Asus router.

• Netduma Staff

I believe I tried this once before through my xbox and it wouldn't connect either... I could enable the wifi and try connecting from my phone as well next time it happens. When this does happen the Asus definitely shows it connected and gives it an IP so I can't see it being an issue with the Asus router.

Ok. If possible could you check to see if you can connect do the dashboard even when you don't have an internet connection to it?

Ok. If possible could you check to see if you can connect do the dashboard even when you don't have an internet connection to it?

I just power cycled it until it gave me an issue. I can't open IE on my xbox one since there's no internet connection, but I'll enable the wifi when I get it working again and check if there's a wan ip from my phone.

JRt5oAY.jpg

WAN was disabled and also the page wouldn't load any more than what you see. It was loading for about 90 seconds before I took the screen shot.

Have you tried taking the duma out of the dmz and using in the duma's misc setting Enable upnp forwarding and rebooted both routers asus first then duma ?

Have you tried taking the duma out of the dmz and using in the duma's misc setting Enable upnp forwarding amd rebooted both routers asus first then duma ?

No I haven't tried that to fix this issue, but when I do it that way I get a strict nat on my xbox

Ah right its the opposite for me it gives me an open nat what ever i do , where a dmz used too moderate and strict me if my routers  were not turned on in a certain manor , Billion first wait till fully up then duma.

Bedtime for me... Hopefully Iain can take a look at it in the morning. I'm sure you'll be reading this, so feel free to access it and see what's going on. The ports are open, if it lets you in.

Yeah good luck , you have quite a large set up looking at your network map , it might be something else causing this, i am sure it will get sorted for you , night

• Administrators

Sorry mate can you draw out your network with the IPs & tell me what you're trying to achieve then I can help. Cheers :)

Archived