R1 have this? Is it possible?

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if NetDuma R1 with its software can learn to get feedback from your network/ISP and take that information to best optimize the connection. 

Regardless of time of day or network traffic NetDuma R1 router would be able to analyze the quality of your ISP connection/service and adjust for bufferbloat etc. Something like this could be implemented for the games as well.  Instead of me personally having to adjust settings for every game it could be done automatically by the R1 router by me simply selecting the game I am playing at the time.  With Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare selected as currently playing on the R1 router software the R1 router would optimize my network for that game specific game by knowing the quality of my connection from ISP.  With all the features the R1 router currently has at its disposal congestion control, geo-filter and so on it would use all those to better optimize the connection for the current game that you selected in its software.

Thank You

The R1 can barely keep the Geo-filter functioning or ports forwarded without lagging it's own GUI.  

I understand.  There are other gripes I have with the router...For example everything resetting if it loses power or gets unplugged accidentally etc.  But I am hopeful and wishful nonetheless.

Thank You

I understand.  There are other gripes I have with the router...For example everything resetting if it loses power or gets unplugged accidentally etc.  But I am hopeful and wishful nonetheless.

Thank You

Me too, I love my router when it's working but when it's not I go batshit crazy. 

I think you can also make profiles and save them for individual games and then load them up when you are playing that particular game.

You are absolutely correct. To have the best profile you have to play with settings etc. Imagine all that being done for you with better results all done by the Netduma OS that would be huge.

Enable cookies in Misc settings and you should not lose your settings. Mine has been off 3 times today due to power cuts and no settings have been lost.

LMAO.... mine loses settings every time it's unplugged with cookies enabled.  I'm beginning to see a pattern here.  So nobody outside of UK or Australia can keep this thing working and everyone in UK and Australia have zero issues.  So either a) you're all full of shit   B) something in their control ie; key system for the firmware lock is not allowing all settings to be retained nor work correctly globally.  Here's a big indicator we are all being taken.  If this firmware is buggy for 50% of the clients and the firmware before that was as well.... so on and so forth, KNOWN BUGS we all agree, yet several of you long time posters and duma buttsniffers then, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS WELL.  Maybe we should search through this independent thread log.   Seriously do some of you guys even think before you answer or are you just so inept and lonely that you just automatically open your mouth and insert the duma falice and let the jism spew forth?

LMAO.... mine loses settings every time it's unplugged with cookies enabled.  I'm beginning to see a pattern here.  So nobody outside of UK or Australia can keep this thing working and everyone in UK and Australia have zero issues.  So either a) you're all full of shit   B) something in their control ie; key system for the firmware lock is not allowing all settings to be retained nor work correctly globally.  Here's a big indicator we are all being taken.  If this firmware is buggy for 50% of the clients and the firmware before that was as well.... so on and so forth, KNOWN BUGS we all agree, yet several of you long time posters and duma buttsniffers then, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS WELL.  Maybe we should search through this independent thread log.   Seriously do some of you guys even think before you answer or are you just so inept and lonely that you just automatically open your mouth and insert the duma falice and let the jism spew forth?

Personally i think you are onto something.

I'm just so so inept and lonely ;) but I can make my R1 work correctly :)

A monkey could make a SOHO router work correctly.  But you're right... everyone of us having ALL these issues must be retarded and you must be smarter than us.  Geez where the fuck do they find these maggots. You seriously think there is something difficult about sliders buttons and bandwidth?  The issue at hand is this shit isn;t working and they aren't even updating the cloud.  I sent 4 update IDs in this week and not one got updated. How exactly can we force the ID updates and the fact that strict mode does or doesn't work.  Like I said, do you think first or just suck then spew this bs.?  LOL WOW!  I wish this was a US based company I'd stretch you out like a fucking deerskin.

A monkey could make a SOHO router work correctly.  But you're right... everyone of us having ALL these issues must be retarded and you must be smarter than us.  Geez where the fuck do they find these maggots. You seriously think there is something difficult about sliders buttons and bandwidth?  The issue at hand is this shit isn;t working and they aren't even updating the cloud.  I sent 4 update IDs in this week and not one got updated. How exactly can we force the ID updates and the fact that strict mode does or doesn't work.  Like I said, do you think first or just suck then spew this bs.?  LOL WOW!  I wish this was a US based company I'd stretch you out like a fucking deerskin.

Hahahahaha fab, stretch away :)

Ouch lol love this.  I'm sorry but it is true.  At first i was truly happy and proud of this company.  Response time was fast etc and boom now we have like 5 games supported for this router.  Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 apparently don't even need this router and or do not benefit from the router at all so yeah.  I don't know what to think anymore.   Good luck to us all.

Yea I'm getting bent out of shape.  I love the router.  Love the fact that I dont have to compile a database for IP tables and update everytime Activision or Bungie changes IPs/Hosts/CDNs etc. With that being said, if I pay you good money for your claimed results then I fully expect those results. And look, I'm super easy, all I need is the geofilter.  I don't need hyperlane, congestion control, any of that.  Iain should concentrate on his cloud and IDs siuation before his product has no audience.  If you can't handle fire control for the MAIN features then who will be left standing around looking at the ashes of what could have been to take another chance?  I'd say Zennon, Fuzzy, Fraser, A7, Bagsta and that's about it.  They are here for a reason other than product pride so EVERYTHING they say should be suspect.   If you want me to stfu then make the original product work and work efficiently instead of constantly reinventing the wheel.  Feels like a used car lot.    "yes, we know the entire engine is gone but seriously, have you seen this set of hubcaps... they're shiny!"   "of course we can let you drive it off the lot, just give us a few more days to get it running,,, again."  LOL I smell a l*gb*ster fiasco at hand.  

Netduma R.I.P.  January 19th 2011- November 4th 2016.

NETDUMA... Dominated by cloud issues and lack of working feature consistency and of course a forum full of paid monkeys to say theirs works and the rest of our customers are stupid.  That is always a winning combo. Thanks for purchasing our overpriced firmware on an outdated piece of hardware, sorry not all features work right now BUT "It's probably because you don't have it configured right" or the ever famous, "hey buddy!  Turn on your cookies"   and never forget the greatest of them all.  "mine is working"   

I guarantee the cloud is ran on a piece of shit self built "server" on a shitty Virgin media business class service in their "office"  and can't keep the load up nor did they calculate for latency of loading being the main features are cache based and across the world not just UK and AUS.  More than likely why it works for some not for others.  The cloud cannot be parsed and they're too broke, too cheap and too small to get into the real game and colo or dedi host at a real datacenter.

I guarantee the cloud is ran on a piece of shit self built "server" on a shitty Virgin media business class service in their "office"  and can't keep the load up nor did they calculate for latency of loading being the main features are cache based and across the world not just UK and AUS.  More than likely why it works for some not for others.  The cloud cannot be parsed and they're too broke, too cheap and too small to get into the real game and colo or dedi host at a real datacenter.

yeah if we ddos it i bet it goes down.

• 1 month later...

You know I will partially agree with what your thinking. It's funny how day one when I first had my netduma everything worked like a charm. I've even had cookies enabled on the router and unplugging it did actually clear alot of settings (when it's not supposed to) anyways that's not really the biggest issue. It's the consistency of the product. Like you say when the netduma works it works fantastic but when it doesn't it's about as useful as any cheap ass router out there. However, all that set aside (and no I am not a long term poster or paid by netduma obviously) I am eager to see what the new Duma OS has to offer us, hopefully more stability and less bugs etc. After that it's gonna be a matter of seeing how well it holds up versus it's previous OS version. But let's be real here, the netduma company is a small one at that. They've done a great thing here with what they have started. I agree they need to invest alot more back into their product maybe even bump out a few more patches for their operating system and then drop the Duma OS bomb and really blow us away. All I know is that a larger portion of the time the netduma does what it's supposed to for me. But again, buggy os does get annoying sometimes.. :(

Archived