Modern warfare feels like it has more Lag than Infinite Warfare?

Macabi83

I have ranked up to level 15 since you could get in on mw and play matches, I have noticed very laggy games even though they are on dedicated servers on the Florida / Georgia server, have 1 good connection match, then 2 bad, for me at least the iw beta had better connection at least with me, I throttled down using sims method this morning and on mw matches felt laggy allot of going 15-15 ( feels like like comp ) I did have another match when I went 20-1 tdm.

Also not sure what it is but the maps are hard to see people in, smaller characters or something?

Same cod story year after year, nothing will ever change

Only thing that should change is ME, you and US!  The people that give our hard earned money for the garbage game.  I loved Battlefield 3, I hated Battlefield 4 due to connection etc.  Now here I am with Battlefield 1 and I love it.  99% of the time crisp connection and hit detection on PAR!  I am hearing even better stories for Titanfall 2 and can't wait to get that game but yeah.  There are options other than COD and I honestly truly would love for COD to be good again regardless the setting.  I just want quality connection with excellent hit detection.  I guess though we ask too much!

As far as lag comp fixes I'll borrow a theme from the netduma forum. " if it's not working for you, you probably don't have it configured correctly."  It really does take a router with better bandwidth and QoS control to make it work and the netduma has been dumbed down so us mere mortals can use it.  That's why it has sliders and buttons vs. commands and entry locations for really useful stuff like external to internal ports, QoS, bandwidth control etc.  You guys crack me up.  " I have mastered a toy!"  

I'm getting the game later this evening and I'll share my thoughts.

One question pls regarding the title. Is it 

more Lag THEN Infinite Warfare

or

more Lag THAN Infinite Warfare ?

(English is not my native language and I was wondering what the hell they've been teaching us in English School)

I'm getting the game later this evening and I'll share my thoughts.

One question pls regarding the title. Is it 

more Lag THEN Infinite Warfare

or

more Lag THAN Infinite Warfare ?

(English is not my native language and I was wondering what the hell they've been teaching us in English School)

than

Cod is dead!  :D

sadly i have to take my teen to midnight release tonight  <_<

i need to check out TF2 and BF1... probably on PC.

I can confidently say Battlefield 1 is amazing when compared to Battlefield 4 and COD.  I am hearing a lot of good things about Titanfall 2 so that is my next game!  Would love to know which game you get.

As far as lag comp fixes I'll borrow a theme from the netduma forum. " if it's not working for you, you probably don't have it configured correctly."  It really does take a router with better bandwidth and QoS control to make it work and the netduma has been dumbed down so us mere mortals can use it.  That's why it has sliders and buttons vs. commands and entry locations for really useful stuff like external to internal ports, QoS, bandwidth control etc.  You guys crack me up.  " I have mastered a toy!"  

I saw Sims video on YouTube he recommends using speeds 3.5 down and 1.5 up because apparently Infinite Warfare doesn't use Ping for connection but speed.  

apparently Infinite Warfare doesn't use Ping for connection but speed.  

That's extremely unlikely.

Actually, that may be the stupidest thing I've heard this month.

That's extremely unlikely.

Actually, that may be the stupidest thing I've heard this month.

I think what he meant was in order to measure your expected lag comp. Some games use bandwidth vs. latency.  Not stupid at all.  But at least you got to call someones thoughts stupid again today.  Thumbs up!  

I think what he meant was in order to measure your expected lag comp. Some games use bandwidth vs. latency.  Not stupid at all.  But at least you got to call someones thoughts stupid again today.  Thumbs up!  

I wasn't calling him or his thoughts stupid, I hadn't even watched the video. The single line that I quoted was what I said was stupid because it is.

"Infinite Warfare doesn't use ping for connection, but speed".

Maybe Sim didn't say it, maybe nobody said it, I don't know because I don't need to know. It was written here as 'apparently' true, I quoted it as actually stupid.

Bandwidth has nothing to do with ping. They are COMPLETELY unrelated. Games do NOT measure your bandwidth and then determine your 'lag comp' from it.

It's like comparing the width of a sewer pipe to the time it takes a rat to run down it. As long as the pipe is wide enough for the rat's arse then he'll move as fast as he can. If the pipe is wide enough for an elephant the rat still won't run any faster.

But if there are a lot of other rats trying to use the pipe then the rat's speed can be affected, which is where a wider sewer pipe will help.

If it's a crappy ISP sewer network then the rat might caught up and delayed and if there's a apocalyptic pile of shit in the way then nothing is getting through.

This kind of incorrect information is what is clogging up peoples heads. It's shit. Bullshit.

How do you know games dont measure your bandwidth (aswell as your ping) to determine your lag comp?

The same reason that you wouldn't need to measure your feet to buy a hat.

They should have called it 'ping compensation', rather than 'lag compensation', it would have saved a whole lot of bother.

And ISPs calling bandwidth 'speed' doesn't help much either.

I'm fairly certain we all know that bandwidth and latency are two different measurements. I'm so sick of hearing that... it's like you learned something one day and you just keep spouting it off. The fact that they're different is a great reason some games measure one or the other as well as both in determining lag comp.

You just proved you're an idiot so call yourself stupid ISP call bandwidth speed because that's the measurement it is designed for. G/M/Kbps.... is the speed at which GB/MB/KB are transfered.

Archived