Do I keep upnp on or off (ISP router) while the R1 is in DMZ?

Multifeed

I'm using a Netgear WNDR4300 and I have the R1 in the DMZ with a static IP.  I'm wondering if I need to keep the upnp enabled or disabled on my Netgear (while running DMZ) and also do I change any WAN settings on my Netgear router like NAT (open or secured) or SIP ALG (enabled or disabled)?

Thanks again for any support you can provide.

i have upnp and port forwarding disabled on my isp router and use upnp on the r1. do not use upnp and port forwarding at the same time anyway as it can cause conflicts. Not sure of the answer to your other question but theres a lot of clever peeps on here who will answer when they see this post!

i have upnp and port forwarding disabled on my isp router and use upnp on the r1. do not use upnp and port forwarding at the same time anyway as it can cause conflicts. Not sure of the answer to your other question but theres a lot of clever peeps on here who will answer when they see this post!

thanks man, it took so long for anyone to respond so  I had already tried switching my upnp off and it seems to help. I'm still in need of advice when it comes to the NAT and SIP ALG settings though. 

• Administrators

Would recommend the above so you do not cause conflicts. I would leave the other settings as default. I doubt you would notice any significant difference either way and they're not necessary to give you an open NAT.

Would recommend the above so you do not cause conflicts. I would leave the other settings as default. I doubt you would notice any significant difference either way and they're not necessary to give you an open NAT.

alright, I'll try that, thanks for the advice

Archived