Setting Full Bridge mode on my ONT ( technical issue).

Huthayfa

Hello everyone,

good afternoon.

today I am pushing through my ONT settings heavily to get my setup work as I want. 

Objective:

I want to set my Fiber ONT Model Nokia G-240w-B to full bridge mode letting it passing the connection to the Netduma, in order for the Duma to be assigned with public ip address of WAN.  

there are two problems: 

1- the PPPoE connection of my ISP requires 801P.Q Vlan tagging, which I think yet is not supported by the Netduma

2- when I set PPPoE connection on this new version of ONT (G-240w- B to my previous Linksys E1700 -which supports 801P.Q tagging- the connection does work. however, with less than half of the speed < 80 Mbps (( the previous ONT I-240w-A was getting me full speed through PPPoE bridge mode))

Good news: I am Actually half way toward my goal, I has access to the ONT telnet commands, It is linux BusyBox 1.16 version, there many Interfaces belong to the PON service, Ethernet, WLAN and a lot of things. 

what I found useful is that Ethernet interface br0 > eth0.0 is assigned to vlan 0 , I want to change it is name to eth0.881 assigned to VLAN 881 for the connection to work, however, I don't know the command to do that , I hope someone technically advanced to help. 

I know it is a lot of technical jargon, But I had to clarify my procedure for better help chance!

thanks

All you need to do is enter the username (usually an email address) & the password into the duma and apply, then reboot the R1 from misc settings and you should be good to go.

thank you Mr. Fraser,

that would work if my connection didn't require a VLAN.

the PPPoE connection do require a VLAN ID, VLAN PRI , that is why the problem exist.

I will call my isp and see if they can disable the VLAN.

thanks

Archived