Using VPN and Geo Filter for Game Consoles.

PhillyMutbirds

Hello,

It seems when I use the Geo Filter anytime, it insists to put me into a lobby of the game(COD AW) and kick me out. Is there a way to fix this? Now can I use the VPN and Geo Filter at the same time? If i set my VPN to Texas do I have to set my home where the geo filter is searching on or near Texas? Plus is it normal using a VPN for the speeds of my internet to take a huge plunge in speed? At one point where Im supposed to be getting 90/90 i was getting 15/5...just wondering

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Firstly thanks for purchasing, secondly merry Christmas!

Ok you're asking a few questions, so I'll try address each of them individually.

Now can I use the VPN and Geo Filter at the same time?

Yes you should be, the lobby booting issue is something we're aware off. Basically it typically happens when people set their geo-filter too low and by mistake block mm servers. We have tried to put as many mm servers on our whitelist so you don't even notice them. But we may have missed a few or they have changed address. The solution we've come up with is a button on the geo-filter. That you press when something goes wrong(e.g. booted from lobby). That sends the info to our server, it processes it and 4 - 8 hours if we find something everyones router gets updated. I'll PM you how to upgrade to the latest version.

If i set my VPN to Texas do I have to set my home where the geo filter is searching on or near Texas? 

You don't have to, the geo-filter can be used to force host in far away locations(but why would you want that?). So I'd suggest you put the geo-filter wherever your VPN is. Because those will be the lowest latency hosts with the VPN enabled.

Plus is it normal using a VPN for the speeds of my internet to take a huge plunge in speed? 

Yes that is normal. It depends what VPN provider you use, but if you want high bandwidth you usually have to pay more.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions 

Archived