gears4

• Administrators

There is no mystery to the GOW connection, the game has a buggy engine, there was a massive post about it on their forums by a fan.

I have changed my speeds to the game to get A+ across the board using DSLreports, Yet it make not one bit a differnce, the game still lag comps the hell of the game.

When a game has 5 games, and all have the same issues, its telling you something.

Also though the Netduma is quite misleading, as it says 'Domiates Lag' but in all honesty, it doesnt that much. As there are to many varuailbes for it to do so,.

I wouldn't worry about bufferbloat. At 70/70 when devices are using the internet you won't have any local congestion.

If you're having issues I would recommend you make a post so we can help optimise your settings instead of just saying it doesn't do anything. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about bufferbloat. At 70/70 when devices are using the internet you won't have any local congestion.

If you're having issues I would recommend you make a post so we can help optimise your settings instead of just saying it doesn't do anything. 

Ive done this whole 'make a post so we can help optimise your settings instead of just saying it doesn't do anything.' and it does noting, I was basicly saying gears of war has always been a broken MP game. There are videos out there showing how bad GOW4 is...  it has one of the worst hit detection in any game

• Administrators

Ive done this whole 'make a post so we can help optimise your settings instead of just saying it doesn't do anything.' and it does noting, I was basicly saying gears of war has always been a broken MP game. There are videos out there showing how bad GOW4 is...  it has one of the worst hit detection in any game

There are a few replies in your thread that you haven't responded to so we don't know whether your issue is fixed or not. 

I've been playing GoW a lot recently and I don't think it's a lag issue but rather that for example the shotgun spread is random so sometimes it does more damage, sometimes less.

There are a few replies in your thread that you haven't responded to so we don't know whether your issue is fixed or not. 

I've been playing GoW a lot recently and I don't think it's a lag issue but rather that for example the shotgun spread is random so sometimes it does more damage, sometimes less.

No your right, Gears has broken gameplay mecanics. Always has, when youve played all of them and the game shows the same issues over and over again lag has nothing to do with it.

Also I have repled to those questions.

• Netduma Staff

No your right, Gears has broken gameplay mecanics. Always has, when youve played all of them and the game shows the same issues over and over again lag has nothing to do with it.

Also I have repled to those questions.

Broken gameplay mechanics can often be mistaken for forms of lag when many times that's not the case. What sort of ping do you get in Gears 4?

Broken gameplay mechanics can often be mistaken for forms of lag when many times that's not the case. What sort of ping do you get in Gears 4?

My ping is like 25ms max, gears is broken, you only need to watch videos on there forums to see it has no servers anymore. The hit detection is a joke as were the last 5 games

• Netduma Staff

My ping is like 25ms max, gears is broken, you only need to watch videos on there forums to see it has no servers anymore. The hit detection is a joke as were the last 5 games

It's a shame really; though you're correct, 25ms ping is excellent, we'd generally say that below 60ms you shouldn't really encounter lag. I believe the shotgun spread in Gears is weird which doesn't help; it often feels like shots don't register. I'm convinced it's down to the way they've programmed the hit detection in general.

• 1 month later...
  • Netduma Staff

I agree. I would like this title to be fully supported in the future

We still support the game; using the Netduma with Gears will still get you the best ping possible. Getting you the best ping is all we can do; if the game has weird net coding or odd lag compensation methods then the ball is in their court unfortunately.

Even with technically "unsupported" games, all that means is that the Geofilter is unsupported. Anti-flood, hyper traffic etc will still give you a better gaming experience.

• 7 months later...
  • Netduma Staff

I'm not sure, we haven't played Gears 4 in a while! I imagine you'll still be able to choose a server in-game, so the Geo-filter would only be needed in specific circumstances.

That being said, Congestion Control would still kick ass :)

Does gears 4 have support in the sense that one can choose their server after the latest game update?

no.  I made a post somewhere around here

Found it: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/22166-gears-of-war-4-and-geo-filter/