gears4

• Administrators

It appeared to work on first glance in the 1 on 1 I did but want to do more tests. 

Hope they do along with bf1

If it's the same as the beta you can select specific servers on the console, is that still happening?

It appeared to work on first glance in the 1 on 1 I did but want to do more tests. 

If it's the same as the beta you can select specific servers on the console, is that still happening?

Yes, you can select region specific servers.  I guess the R1 is not needed for Gears huh?  I did some checking and you can still use the R1 to block some servers that are out of your specific region.  Being that it's Microsoft, I would hate to connect to the Seattle server.  I'm amazed that they have servers in the California area that I am connecting to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm currently testing it. It seems similar to TitanFall in that you need to match the region preference on the game with your Geo-filter settings. I'm trying to determine if there are multiple servers in a region and if so if you're able to force different ones. However, it may just end up like TitanFall.

Thanks Fraser, good to know that if nothing else, start with the titanfall settings.

I'm wondering how this will work if I play with friends from California. With geo-filter on for me, will they always end up connecting to the east coast server? That would be great, lol.

BTW, I have both tf2 and gow4 and live in NY, USA. Although I don't have a ton of extra time, I'd be happy to help test when I can

• Administrators

You have to mirror your settings for TF2 and the Geo-filter so they would always need to have selected the East Coast server in the menu otherwise they would likely get booted from the game when you searched. 

Thanks for the offer but I don't think there is too much testing that needs to be done as they don't work like other games.

• Administrators

For what it's worth, I partied up with someone in California to play. They had west coast server selected and I selected east coast and we got into the same game together without a problem. Maybe the region select isn't a hard lock,

That's great to hear. Where was the server located? 

You can see the TF2 results here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19127-titanfall-2-results/- essentially turn off Geo or mirror settings if you want to ensure you get that server.

That's great to hear. Where was the server located?

You can see the TF2 results here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19127-titanfall-2-results/- essentially turn off Geo or mirror settings if you want to ensure you get that server.

I'm not sure which server I was on, as I'm scheduled to get my R1 today. I found it interesting that even though two of us had selected different regions in game we were still able to play together. The GOW region setting must not be a hard lock to that region, abs I'm hoping the geo-filter can make it so

Ive had some issues with lobby dropping when geo-filter is on. I had it set to about 1000km, and I did notice that with it off, i connected to a server outside of that range even though i am set to US east coast server. Most of my matches connect to a server that is about 800km from me, and every so often, to one that is just under 200km from. There seem to be host circles that pop up all over the place when playing this game, and I'll see more peer ping connections than there are people in the game (some reallly bad pings at that). The ping to server line graph seems to take a while to come up, or sometimes doesnt appear at sll. Usually, the number readout for my ping to server will appear.

Titanfall 2 seems to work a lot better. The host map is MUCH easier to make sense of. The connction felt amazing.

If anyone ever dives into GOW4 settings a bit deeper please keep let us know. This is the main reason i bought the router, to solve the mystery of the GOW connection issues

EDIT: I found something weird, maybe part of the reason why the lobby dropping with geo-filter (especially with strict mode enabled). It seems even the nearest servers take a good route arund the contry before ended up at the server I'm connected to when i run the trace route. Interestly, I somettimes get a lower ping to a server that is farther away due to the route the traffic is taking. It seems all servers ended up back in WA, USA.

EDIT 2: Host ping just gave up on me tonight. No number show or graph

If anyone ever dives into GOW4 settings a bit deeper please keep let us know. This is the main reason i bought the router, to solve the mystery of the GOW connection issues

There is no mystery to the GOW connection, the game has a buggy engine, there was a massive post about it on their forums by a fan.

I have changed my speeds to the game to get A+ across the board using DSLreports, Yet it make not one bit a differnce, the game still lag comps the hell of the game.

When a game has 5 games, and all have the same issues, its telling you something.

Also though the Netduma is quite misleading, as it says 'Domiates Lag' but in all honesty, it doesnt that much. As there are to many varuailbes for it to do so,.