Ping Spikes

I have a terrible time with my ping spiking during games of BO3 on xbox one. I just had a game where it would go from 5ms to 500ms. It seems to happen most during gun fights. Anybody have any ideas other that the servers suck for BO3!

I have a terrible time with my ping spiking during games of BO3 on xbox one. I just had a game where it would go from 5ms to 500ms. It seems to happen most during gun fights. Anybody have any ideas other that the servers suck for BO3!

Servers are fine... The game code sucks... If you're looking at the in game ping graph then that's a lie... If it's the netduma showing those spikes then you have something wrong with your network setup or it's an ISP issue.

It's in the netduma showing it. I had a recording of it but must have deleted it. It doesn't do it all the time, just certain lobbies, and like I said usually when I get in a gun fight.

Then like I said, you have something configured or setup wrong (to cause other people/devices in the house to make you lag) or it's a problem with your ISP. I had this problem last year and after 4 months of complaining to Comcast they tracked it down to water leaking into a broken amp that carried the signal to my street.

What everyone does on here is use a program called PingPlotter at peak hours to generate a ping graph which will test the quality of your ISP line.

i suggest if you are in those lobbies you use the geo filter and block them. By doing so you will not connect to them any more.....ever....unless the duma is factory reset or you remove them from the ban list!

• Administrators

Are ALL devices connected to the R1? 

I would use 70/70 anti-flood rather than worrying about buffer bloat

Definitely put your console in hyper traffic. 

Is it occurring in every game? As above I would recommend temp banning/moving home to avoid the server.

• Administrators

Hey Fraser, yes all dewvices go through the netduma. I tried 70-70 and I have even worse ping problems, I cawn't seem to get under a 50-60 ping that way.

That should definitely not be the case, please make a post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look.

Fraser I got it sorted for the most part, but I still have to set my Congestion Control to 43-43 for it to play right. 70-70 just makes my ping go all over the place.

Do you set the Congestion Control before you start any processes or did you change it on-the-fly?

I was uploading some stuff for work and decided I'd play some BO3 while I waited...

I set my congestion control to 70/70, added Xbox to hyperlane and booted up my Xbox but the game was horrible and my ping was all over the place (1500ms spikes on Ping Plotter).

I turned off the Xbox, paused the upload on my laptop, rebooted the Netduma, set hyperlane and congestion, un-paused the upload, booted the Xbox and pings were back to a flat 23ms again.

Archived