• Group allow/deny
    • Customizable profiles for Congestion Control/Geofilter
    • Revamped allow/deny
    • Further VPN options (PC exclusive)
    • Community cloud whitelist
    • Using colored circles for other players
    • Using colored circles for dedicated servers
    • Buttons that direct to custom home presets
    • Dashboard (finding all tools in one-place)
    • Setting custom DNS servers for certain devices
    • Password protection/whitelist devices to access UI
    • Wifi analyzer (automatically picks up best channels)

A little list I had of features I'd love to see in the R1, feel free to comment adjusting the list, these are just my favorites. The other feature request thread is outdated so I figured on starting this one.

-Burst/jitter analysis

-Advanced bandwidth control 

-Group allow/deny (ex. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8-next-version1027-feature-requests/?p=17881)

-Customizable profiles for Congestion Control/Geofilter (Currently in progress, no eta)

-Revamped allow/deny (involving lists)

-Further VPN exceptions for PC (ex. VPN on chrome, skype but no vpn on Teamspeak, CSGO like sockscap, proxifier)

-Community cloud whitelist (this a community driven product, we had this but it was removed. If a location is reported numerous times (1 vote per router) by multiple people it should be auto whitelisted

-Prevent warning in Congestion control if slider is too low (not happening, sorry roads)

Spediegunz suggests -- 27 Apr 2015 - 2:49 PM

Corresponding colored circles that resemble each peer ping on the map

Toby Jugs suggests -- 28 Apr 2015 - 3:19 PM

Adding custom preset locations for our home locations, (button 1 spawns you in Boston, button 2 spawns you in Flordia, etc )

Akic suggests -- 29 Apr 2015 - 07:25 AM

Dashboard feature - ease of finding all common controls in one page

Icy suggests -- 13 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

Setting custom DNS servers for certain devices (ex. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8-next-version1027-feature-requests/?p=27607) 

Procreate suggests -- 14 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

Password protection, along with whitelist on specific devices for accessing the UI

Iain suggests -- 15 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Wifi analyzer to automatically pick up the best channels

It's been discussed before on the previous thread but just to keep this thread complete there was talk of a dashboard feature to access all the most common controls from a single page.

Yeah Akic, something like widgets?  We could drag and drop tools we want/use most to a single page.

Profiles and backups for hosts in Allow and Deny.

Not really a feature request.  Host Filtering Page - Select Games / Services.  Change wording of Enable/Disable button, to Enabled/Disabled.  Think this would be less confusing for new users.

• 2 weeks later...

how about changing the circle colors to green for <30ms, yellow for 31-60ms and red for 61ms+?

also, did the allow i created for my friend last night save or will i have to keep creating them each time i party up? if it did save, there should be some saved hosts edit list maybe?

• Administrators

There is a saved list below in "Allow & Deny". He'll be one of the circles, any in the green is allowed & any in the red will be denied. 

• Netduma Staff

so curiously, what happens when i start adding my clan up, will the circles just stack on each other like my Deny's have?

If they are the same distance away from each other then yes, they will stack on top of each other.

so curiously, what happens when i start adding my clan up, will the circles just stack on each other like my Deny's have?

Yeah, they'll stack ontop of eachother, I usually rate teammates like 91 then 90, 89 etc so I can atleast modify it if need be.

edit; added a poll, should be interesting results

only 1??? crap. i want custom profiles on Host Filtering, not so much on congestion control.

would also like color coding of peers/host via ping. [green <30ms, yellow 31-60ms, red 60ms+]

im going to go with parental controls... and dashboard. and mobile app. and password protection.

Shame its just one vote there are a few more I would have liked to pick :)

One to add surley is custom geo-filter profiles?

Yeah we need to be able to select more than one.  I want all that stuff except the VPN which I'm not using

greedy</>  :P

• Netduma Staff

right now, PASSWORD PROTECTION. i need this, my kids already figured how to unblock their game consoles...

You could be sneaky and change the Netduma login address. It would be easy for them to find the address again but maybe they don't know how to... :) For example change 192.168.88.1 to 192.168.10.1 or something like that. I agree not a great solution but until password protection is brought out it might work.

Archived