Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Early Alpha Preview Photo: The new & improved Network Monitor on DumaOS

#RouterRevolution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

kevo

kevo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 AM
  • Locationalabama

anti jitter and anti spike is all i want lol i never look at that page on my duma forreal

Red

Red

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 PM

Can't wait to see DumaOS! Keep it up!

Hopefully we'll see some more vpn features such as ability to connect to multiple ones at the same time and parental settings.

zSmbVQT.png

faulko

faulko

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Local time: 11:18 PM
  • LocationNSW, Straya

I want the ability to kick any user of my network.

We shouldn't have to restart the duma and boot everyone off just to rid of 1 pest.

nico

nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

bon je pense que l'on a attendu asser ! vous sorter quand la MAJ,????,

Welshy

Welshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Looks easy to use as expected

designiconline

designiconline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local time: 04:18 PM

WOW WOOOOOW

Dominate_Lag_designiconline.gif

ChriscomIT

ChriscomIT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Local time: 03:18 PM
  • LocationGermany

Looks very great and promising. Nice to see details about the traffic, like the oversight of used internet traffic classes gaming/videos/torrents/internet and more and that it's even shown in a more detailed summary which services were used exactly like BBC player/game trailers/youtube and more. I expect this is achieved by a massive upgrade/rewrite of the Deep Packet Inspection Engine/network monitor subsystem

Exactly what I hoped for, what I need and wanted to see. Looking forward to the open beta, keep the great work.

MattyAu

MattyAu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 10:48 PM
  • LocationAustralia

If we use a bridged modem, will we be able to see our modem stats, ie. sync speed, snr, etc. with the new DumaOS?

All the other threads have been locked and have been wondering this for a while.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,575 posts

If we use a bridged modem, will we be able to see our modem stats, ie. sync speed, snr, etc. with the new DumaOS?

All the other threads have been locked and have been wondering this for a while.

That's not something we have thought about but a good idea if possible.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

billcline

billcline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Local time: 09:18 AM
Wow....deleting posts now???

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,575 posts

I'm assuming a moderator deleted your post because it was unconstructive & added nothing to the conversation.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

billcline

billcline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I quoted you in a post. It was from Sept 2016 when you first released a photo of the OS.

Just because one of your customers is bringing to light a topic, doesn't mean it should be censored.

I believe that it added greatly to the conversation. I commented that it is almost one full year since the alpha photo was released. A whole year!

I'm assuming a moderator deleted your post because it was unconstructive & added nothing to the conversation.

MattyAu

MattyAu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 10:48 PM
  • LocationAustralia
I don't think it really adds anything whatsoever.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,575 posts

I quoted you in a post. It was from Sept 2016 when you first released a photo of the OS.

Just because one of your customers is bringing to light a topic, doesn't mean it should be censored.

I believe that it added greatly to the conversation. I commented that it is almost one full year since the alpha photo was released. A whole year!

The majority of your posts are about DumaOS taking too long, we get it. I'm not going to argue with you, I'm just telling you why I think your post was deleted by a mod.

Time Converter

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationThe Steel City

I deleted it for the reasons Fraser stated. We get it. We are all aware of time lines etc and they have been discussed at length.

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,024 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I've deleted a few of your posts too.

It's not censorship, that suggests that what you say is important or revolutionary, I'd say it's more akin to sewage treatment.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

billcline

billcline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
You really are the most sarcastic and rude mod on here.

We are customers who paid for a product. If you are being paid a salary for your position, we paid it to you. If you are not being paid, you remind me of a kid that was bullied in school and now has a little bit of power that went to the head.

Show some respect and drop your attitude.

I've deleted a few of your posts too.

It's not censorship, that suggests that what you say is important or revolutionary, I'd say it's more akin to sewage treatment.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationThe Steel City

We are customers who paid for a product. If you are being paid a salary for your position, we paid it to you. If you are not being paid, you remind me of a kid that was bullied in school and now has a little bit of power that went to the head.

With full respect, you do sound like a broken record.

None of the mods are paid to moderate on this forum and we have to deal with a lot to be fair.

At risk of repeating myself for a thousand times, you have been informed about time lines etc. If you have a problem with the current R1 software please start a support thread. 

You are the forum member along with a small number of others who continue with this bit between your teeth about timelines etc even though any sane human being realises that it will be released when it is ready and not before. 

Continued posts bitching about the release of Duma OS WILL NOT GET IT RELEASED ANY EARLIER.  So please cease your continued posts regarding this issue or you will find yourself on the naughty step or removed..... 

You are the person who needs to drop the attitude sir. 

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,024 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Thank you.

I've told you many times that I'm also a customer that paid for the product, I bought it at full price and then I became a moderator a long time afterwards, and I don't receive any incentive (financial or otherwise) for being a moderator.

My opinions are my own. I don't represent the views of Netduma as a company.

You can't demand respect by stamping your feet, you have to earn it.

All you do is complain and seek to incite trouble, it's tiresome. As such I won't show you respect because you've not earned mine.

No, I had a great time at school.

It's your attitude, not mine, that leads to people talking to you in the way they do.

Try using your time/knowledge to help someone, then maybe people will have time for you.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Flomsen

Flomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 03:18 PM
  • LocationDenmark
And is running smooth in safari on iPad ?
Official PSN Beta Tester since 2008

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #RouterRevolution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users