Got BO3 to cooperate, great connection for a day, went to crap afterwards. help!

• Administrators

Keep in mind when the Apple is in AP mode you will see wireless devices connected to it individually on the duma instead of just the Apple.

Have you now got the Apple up and running again? If not I would advise trying to connect via ethernet and switching off the AP mode if possible

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be best to leave the wifi off on the Duma and leave the Airport broadcasting 2.4ghz + 5ghz (assuming it's dual band)?

That's how I do it with my Asus AP. I don't know if I'm right, I just assumed it was better to just leave just one dealing with the wifi.

I know when I first got my duma I had an Airport and had to put it in AP mode and disabled the 2.4g on it and left the 5g enabled.And used the dumas 2.4 wireless as was told that was the best set up for my network at that time.

And never had an issues with that set up but again I could be wrong too.I just figured with all the issues he was having with his Dad still able to connect after Monzo had blocked his devices that maybe something wasn't set up correctly.

And Monzo please let us know if you got the issue resolved as I feel bad about you not having internet.And like Fraser said if all else fails connect  via ethernet cable to get your network back to where you can access it again and get you back to where you were.

Sorry for answering so late, 

After i called technical support i got everything up and running again. Now i'm noticing that even when he is home, some of the games arent that bad. So I really dont know whats going on to be honest. I mean, yes some arent the best when he is around but now it seems that the games are okay with him home too. A little bit of raging but it isnt as bad. But when he isnt using anything or when he isnt home the games are amazing. I think the problem might be fixed now knowing that when we move this month that I have to pay for a separate internet to prevent him from interfering with the game. If I have any other issues or questions I will definitely let you guys know :) Thanks for all the help guys!

Sorry for answering so late, 

After i called technical support i got everything up and running again. Now i'm noticing that even when he is home, some of the games arent that bad. So I really dont know whats going on to be honest. I mean, yes some arent the best when he is around but now it seems that the games are okay with him home too. A little bit of raging but it isnt as bad. But when he isnt using anything or when he isnt home the games are amazing. I think the problem might be fixed now knowing that when we move this month that I have to pay for a separate internet to prevent him from interfering with the game. If I have any other issues or questions I will definitely let you guys know :) Thanks for all the help guys!

Glad to hear you got every thing sorted and sorry you had to call tech support,I should have just PM'd you my number and talked you thru it on the phone.

Just out of curiosity what is your set up now,same as before ? And can you block your Dad's devices now ?

Glad to hear your getting your own gaming line,that's always nice.What are you getting DSL,cable,fiber ?

And YES if you have anymore issue make a new thread... :D

I know when I first got my duma I had an Airport and had to put it in AP mode...

And never had an issues with that set up...

Ah, I didn't know you have (or had) one, in which case you're probably right.

Now you've revealed yourself as a Mac help-desk I'm going to bother you frequently ;)

A little bit of raging but it isnt as bad.

That sounds like Black Ops now, not constant raging but still enough to keep your blood-pressure high. That's pretty much how most of us feel with BO3 these days.

Good luck for your move and new isp and setup - hopefully it's a buttery smooth transition :)

That would've definitely helped Clam but everything is ok lol. Yes, same exact set up, didnt block his devices because for some reason everything is working fine some how even when he is home, I dont know why but i will have to figure that out when the time comes. But again, thank you all for all the help. Like I said, If i ever have any more questions, I will be more than happy to make a new thread and give you all headaches for the 20th time in two years that I've been here LOL ;)

Archived