Got BO3 to cooperate, great connection for a day, went to crap afterwards. help!

get a new isp when you move, if your isp is acting like this then they arent going to fix the problem anytime soon, so get cable internet or something with speeds good enough to support gaming. :)

Cable is a bad suggestion for gaming I am afraid zombi, Fibre>Dsl in the states for gaming , low latency low jitter.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Fraser, 

What do you mean is this disabled? little confused by the question.

Can you see the ISP hub WiFi when you look at potential WiFi networks that you can join? If so then it is possible your father is connecting to it automatically. To prevent this so he connects to the R1 instead so that CC can work correctly access the ISP hub interface and disable WiFi.

I had this issue after a reset and beings I'm on a Mac I had to delete and or disable the wifi on the other networks that was actually the router I had set in AP mode but after a rest it would default back to my AP router set to 5g

Heres the thing. I dont want him connecting to the duma, i want him on his own router because he hates mine. He needs to be on the apple router while my stuff is on the duma

Just as an example I'm on Mac and when I turn on my laptop I have a wifi icon that's up by the clock and if I click that it will show all the networks available to me,duma,xyz,123 etc you should have something similar on your laptop or desktop a dropdown or something as I don't know what kind of computer you have.

But all he has to do is when you goes to get online,pick the other network connection you have for him (airport extreme I'm guessing on wifi).Tell him just not to connect to the duma network.

i want him on his own router because he hates mine. He needs to be on the apple router while my stuff is on the duma

I'm confused, am I missing something here?

There's no wifi on the isp modem/hub (or it's turned off).

The Apple router (in Access Point mode) is connected to the Duma and the wifi is turned off on the Duma.

Surely that means that the only thing that is broadcasting a wifi network is the Apple router so all devices are still going through the Netduma, as they should be for congestion control to work properly.

If nothing else is connected to the isp modem/hub before the Netduma and there are no other networks in the house to connect to, how can anything be getting around congestion control?

Could the Apple router not be in the right mode? Anyone else got one?

Ok, this is how it is set up

The netduma is set up so that nothing else can connect to it except the devices in the house that are wired to it, and the only things wired to it are the apple router which is for wireless only, the computer that im using now to message you, and my gaming systems. The Duma is set to wired only, wireless is off. The apple router on the other hand is set as wireless to the devices that cannot connect to the duma because it is for wired devices only, or you can say it is set up as a bridge or access point. Devices for apple router consist of the devices such as phones, ipads, tablets, etc which are wireless devices for the apple router. 

The modem is wired into the duma. the apple router is connected to the duma through an ethernet cable. 

I hope that helps your confusion :) 

Is there something wrong with that setup that is causing me an issue when he is home using his devices?

Ok, this is how it is set up

The netduma is set up so that nothing else can connect to it except the devices in the house that are wired to it, and the only things wired to it are the apple router which is for wireless only, the computer that im using now to message you, and my gaming systems. The Duma is set to wired only, wireless is off. The apple router on the other hand is set as wireless to the devices that cannot connect to the duma because it is for wired devices only, or you can say it is set up as a bridge or access point. Devices for apple router consist of the devices such as phones, ipads, tablets, etc which are wireless devices for the apple router. 

The modem is wired into the duma. the apple router is connected to the duma through an ethernet cable. 

I hope that helps your confusion :)

Is there something wrong with that setup that is causing me an issue when he is home using his devices?

That's what I thought, all devices are going through the Duma for congestion control. No problem there then.

The Apple router is in position as an access point but it is in 'AP mode'?

I don't have one so I don't know what your options are as far as modes go. But I would have thought that if it's not in AP/bridge mode then it could be f**king things up.

Well it's in bridge mode so thats what is not making sense. As soon as he comes home everything isnt as good. But when i am by myself only using cod as the only thing using all the bandwidth with no other devices interfering, the game is good.

Modem > Netduma > Apple in AP mode

If it is not like this then it needs to be, if the apple device cannot work this way I would take it out of the set up and use the duma's WiFi.

ok, having issues since he is home. If netduma is still being affected by his devices, shouldnt i be able to block him until i put him back on? I blocked every device of his and it is still saying on my duma that he is still using bandwidth and I cant get him off. What do i do to get him off while he is home or while i am playing?

ok, having issues since he is home. If netduma is still being affected by his devices, shouldnt i be able to block him until i put him back on? I blocked every device of his and it is still saying on my duma that he is still using bandwidth and I cant get him off. What do i do to get him off while he is home or while i am playing?

You can always untick share excess and give your console all the pie in the Device Prioritization flower or you can jut go to Device Manager and block all the devices except your console and laptop for gaming.

He won't be able to connect to anything but he probably won't be to happy,seems like something is just not right with the set up.

Is the Airport extreme in AP mode or bridge mode ?

it is in bridge mode

I would check and see as Z said if there is a way to put the airport in AP (access point) mode,as that would be the best way to set it up.And if he's still able to use your bandwidth and you blocked him it might not be configured correctly.

I don't think AP mode and bridge mode are the same thing but could be wrong,I have one ISP router that's in AP mode and ISP router that's in passthrough (bridge mode to AT&T) but I have different lines and ISP's coming into the house.

So you switched the Airport to AP mode and now you can't find which router,the airport or the duma ?

And when you put the airport in AP you need to disable the 2.4g on it and use the dumas and let everything else run on the airports 5g.If you don't disable the 2.4 on the airport the duma and it will conflict.

You should be able to go back and undo what you did.Are you on a Mac laptop ?

The problem got so bad that I had to call technical support. When i put it in ap mode, it turned the airport completely off and no internet was working on it, the stupid phone app couldnt even find the airport base station. They had to tell me to factory reset it and we were trying to fix the problem for an entire hour. 

You just have to turn the airport back on in system preferences > network > near the top left you should see status it will either say not connected and next to that in a box it will give you the option to turn wifi on,turn wifi off.

Should be able to just turn the wifi on.

And when you put the airport in AP you need to disable the 2.4g on it and use the dumas and let everything else run on the airports 5g.If you don't disable the 2.4 on the airport the duma and it will conflict.

Wouldn't it be best to leave the wifi off on the Duma and leave the Airport broadcasting 2.4ghz + 5ghz (assuming it's dual band)?

That's how I do it with my Asus AP. I don't know if I'm right, I just assumed it was better to just leave just one dealing with the wifi.

Archived