Got BO3 to cooperate, great connection for a day, went to crap afterwards. help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPeCXCop9NE

Ok, so someone else on this forum posted a link to a video with three separate steps that explained how to get your connection up and running 10 times better with the new updates for BO3 which ruined everything, I did exacty what he said, and everything was amazing for an entire day. Clean shots, hit detection was amazing, even when in crazy lobbies with good players everything was very smooth. did DSL Reports and got everything to an A+ with perfect connection and no BS. I did tests throughout the day to see if everything stayed at A+ and it did. I wake up this morning, did ok and then it went to hell afterwards. Quality went to an A, which dramatically changed the experience, losing all the gunfights all over again, hit detection was off, everything stopped working. I brought it back to an A+ and things were still not going well. Like I said, I live in an apartment complex with someone upstairs that plays the Wii U and probably uses all my connection, or its probably that someone around me constantly uses up all the internet and jitters my game.So my question is, is this an Optimum issue once again? Because right now i have a death sentence for optimum and the connection shouldnt have dramatically changed within 24 hours to cause everything to go wrong. If I was able to get clean gaming for 24 hours, It shouldve stayed like that and of course it didnt. What should I do?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another thing i noticed is that when im constantly losing the gunfights, when I check the in game ping as soon as i die, it seems that the ping jumps to 150-200 ping when an enemy comes up or kills me. What the actual F*** is going on?

another thing i noticed is that when im constantly losing the gunfights, when I check the in game ping as soon as i die, it seems that the ping jumps to 150-200 ping when an enemy comes up or kills me. What the actual F*** is going on?

Welcome to Black Ops 3, where the ping doesn't matter and the lag is made up.

What I'm saying is, especially on a cable connection, Black ops 3 has been a lag-fest and has gotten even worse lately.

yea but my connection was really good for an entire day where the hit detection was on point, and thats when i changed the settings which was yesterday. So something isnt right. Is that because of Optimum?

yea but my connection was really good for an entire day where the hit detection was on point, and thats when i changed the settings which was yesterday. So something isnt right. Is that because of Optimum?

It could be, you'd have to test your line using PingPlotter over the course of a day and see what the results show... But most likely it's just Black Ops 3 being Black Ops 3... inconsistent and unplayable no matter what router you have or what settings you use.

Go play MW2 with the same exact settings and internet connection and I guarantee you that it will be like night and day.

well i cant use pingplotter because for me it expired. But when i changed the certain settings yesterday, everything worked perfectly and then everything stopped working so i'd really love to know what happened

the game is really really mesed up. No matter what router you use you are gonna have issues because of artificial lag comp and cable such as virgin here in the UK. I have played GTA and it purs like a kitten with the netduma.

I have a vdls connection with 80 up and 20 down, i leave it on reactive and my sliders are at 70 when gaming. deep packet processing is turned off. The biggest thing for me i have noticed since last weeks update is that if i select US servers rather thank UK or europe i get a much smoother game play.   

5549443479.png

• Administrators

I definitely don't particularly agree with some of the settings in the videos but it's about finding what works for you the most. You shouldn't need to throttle your connection so much. 

What are the typical pings as shown by the duma?

Fraser

The typical pings shown by the duma consist of usually 10-35 ping, which is really good. But again, when I used those settings, for 24 hours everything was really good and then all of a sudden everything went downhill and couldnt get it back to the way it used to be and idk why. Another question I should ask cause it might be able to fix the problem in the future. When exactly are we getting the new update for the duma? is it september, october, november? cause maybe the update will fix the problem with the game.

the game is screwy and always has been since launch and is not down to the duma, i have played other games and it is flawless and it is widely known and common knowlage that cod servers are not up to scratch. As for fixing your duma settings i suggest you click factory reset then instantly unplug it when it beeps. leave powered off for 5 minutes and restart it.

Settings work differently for each player due to connection speeds, distance, ping, line quality not to mention hardware and other factors. I suggest you stick to the settings that worked for you before.

What speeds do you have, what is your isp, what modem do you have???

Big Dog

I'm not blaming the duma whatsoever, I love my duma more than anything ive probably ever owned. Yes, all settings work differently for everyone, but what my point is, is that no matter what settings I use, like for example using that video, It helps for 24 hours or less and then everything goes nuts afterwards. 

I pay for highest speeds for my isp which is optimum's Ultra (101 MBPS) the modem I use is an Arris Surfboard SB6141. Like I said I have cable (Optimum)

I think it's definitely an ISP issue, but again the connections and settings should not be working only for 24 hours or less and then everything stops working the way it should. It does it on every cod that i play, which again means it's an ISP issue. But at the moment I cannot fix that. I made this post to see if there's any way to fix that or to know if I'm completely F'ed until I move into my new house in september.

I have also factory reset the router numerous times with no positive conclusion, so I know for a fact that that might not be the answer.

Just curious. Lot of people forget about this. Do you run fast hands and quick draw on your guns? Since this is a.. .6sec delay if you don't have both. Which is like what 5-15 frame delay. Also depends if you are in TV or gaming monitor, hdmi through receiver? Shocked none of these questions are asked it's straight netduma / networking is the problem. Everyone uses ps4 to BenQ gaming monitor?

Slipknot

I use BenQ gaming monitor, quickdraw, fast hands, hdmi cable, all that. I run ps4 to gaming monitor. Are you saying that this is a Duma problem? I dont think its duma, good sir. Unless you can prove it to me maybe I'll reconsider my opinion but i dont really think it's netduma. Not saying that in any negative way, I just need proof behind it as well as the other responses need proof to help me out.

Never once said was Duma. Obviously. U didn't read but as u stated. No one asks those things you answered. I watch videos people post on settings they recommend. I've tried ofc like others. No benefit in my eyes. Of hit detection. But as stated so everyone uses your setup? I'm sure some people uses big tvs or surround receivers. Not knowing the delay. Just because you see netduma showing 17 ms delay or 30. Makes me wonder is this rtt? Let's say you are using a 50inch lcd. Model varies on delay but avg TV is 20ms delay. You could have 50 ms. You can argue saying your eyes don't see this. But does the hinder game play? Yes. Netduma won't fix this.

Like I said, no argument intended, that's how i took it, my apologies. The BenQ Monitor is around 22 inches with 1ms delay. So I should not be having any issues with the Lag compensation part of it. It still seems like theres delay within the frames which once again should not be happening because of the 1ms delay, which as i have heard is fantastic. But once again, i'm not getting what i've paid for in the past 2 years (gear wise). So what kind of problem are we talking about here Slipknot? is this an ISP issue, monitor issue, hdmi, like what exactly are we dealing with here with all the info i have given you so far?

Well the mods will tell you to run ping plotter. To figure out if it's your isp. Some people will say delete your dlc.

Honestly I don't think you can beat lag comp no matter what you do. I've personally made my connection slow as 56k using another dlink router. And I noticed no difference in game play except I couldn't party chat and voice would cut in and out. I've tried sliders on netduma. I have 100/15 comcast.

I can't find video Atm but I was reading a post saying servers for cod doesn't display true rtt packets and that the ps4 doesn't receive correctly vs sending. . There is no perfect netduma setting as people have seen.

Ping plotter seems to be answer lately or most common answer. Bo 3 is broken.

It's this game.  They have been fine tuning like mad lately with CoD XP (CoD Champs) coming this weekend (Sept 2nd-4th).  I suspect there will be another patch shortly after CoD XP, based on whatever they glean from their review of the event and who/how its' won.

From there I think it will eventually move to P2P and that is where I personally believe the NetDuma will be most effective.

Ping Plotter has been used to isolate plenty of ISP problems in the past year, so I would not discount the intel you can get from it.  Several people have found serious issues that were escalated and fixed, or people like myself just jumped ISPs to get one with better maintenance/better performance/less jitter & BS.

There are just a lot of variables to be able to isolate one thing as "the problem", thus we have people do several things to better isolate the problem itself and get you someone who is better equipped to help assist.

But BO3 is most definitely an ever changing landscape at the moment, so it is difficult to measure performance across a wide ranging sample.

Alright. Here's a good question then, two of them. 

When does the new update for Netduma come out? When it comes out, will it fix the problem for BO3 or will it be too late meaning that Infinite Warfare will already be released by the time Netduma updates their router? Will the update fix most of the problems that everyone is facing?

Do you mean the in-game ping? This isn't particularly accurate (half the time it just seems completely wrong).

If you're checking this in-game ping after you've been killed (when the killcam is showing) then I don't think it's your ping anyway - it could be the other player's ping perhaps or just a spike related to the fact that it's showing the killcam. Similarly when the game ends there is a spike of 400ms, every single game.

If the 150-200ms spike is showing on the Netduma graph just before you get shot then I would guess you are being affected by the other person's bad internet or the game itself not working very well in general.

Question for you is. Did you only buy netduma r1 to benefit cod games? So far seems servers and patches are coming out. People blame the game for performance... So why are we here? That YouTube video we all saw. Netduma eliminates cod lag eh. Marketing? Greatest thing to date is geo filter. But till we can link each circle with graph. It's worthless. Unless I go on a ban frenzy. Which is fun. I've done. This router still in a beta faze in my eyes. Of what I want with this filter. For now we jus pick servers and complain. Or play a different game where we never needed the net Duma hmm.

Infinite warfare will be different. Just like stated bo3 ports are different than all cod's. But people still go to Activision page and add all those worthless ports. Saying their game plays better using ghosts or mw3, etc. I'll be there day one for infinite warfare just like you. I'm sure the server IDs will be different. And we'll see how fast the Duma team fixes it jus like latest patch. Which screwed netduma users for a few days. Hopefully we won't have to wait 4 hours on the cloud. But time will tell. Beta drops in October

Colonic,

Yea I guess you're right, probably inaccurate so forget the ping part then.

Slip,

Yea i can agree that in a way the Duma is still in like a beta phase, but when I first bought it, it definitely worked for the older cods I'll be fully honest. Just not for the new ones. When Netduma releases their new update coming soon, I can definitely see a huge difference in the gaming community including the performance that the router will have after this update. Hopefully it comes out soon. Now, the beta for the router comes out in october or are we talking about the Infinite Warfare beta? you probably mean the Duma.

Lot of people forget about this. Do you run fast hands and quick draw on your guns? Since this is a.. .6sec delay if you don't have both.

This is a really good point actually, I started running 'fast hands' and 'quick draw' (can't believe I didn't use these until prestige master) and I noticed an immediate difference in the number of 1v1s that I was winning, just by getting that one extra bullet on target quicker (significantly quicker).

Well the mods will tell you to run ping plotter. To figure out if it's your isp. Some people will say delete your dlc.

Honestly I don't think you can beat lag comp no matter what you do.

Bo 3 is broken.

I think we've already been down the Ping Plotter route with Monzo and from what I remember his connection was ok (wasn't it Monzo?)

A lot of us advise to run some tests on PP, it won't fix anything obviously but it can certainly show if their is an issue that cannot be solved with Netduma settings changes.

I don't think this is even a lag-comp issue (lag comp just determines if, as far as the server is concerned, someone was at a certain position when the shot was fired). We'll always see the bullets round corners and the discrepancy between where it says we died and where we actually got to on OUR screen. That's the system and that's why watching kill cams will drive you mad. The short time-to-kill exacerbates it.

I think this is just general lag, probably not even from Monzo's side (although the person upstairs is certainly not helping I expect) most likely caused by the wobbly matchmaking (dumping anyone into a lobby with us).

Bear in mind that a 4 bar connection just means that they're sub 100ms to the host, which in my opinion is a shitty connection but is considered a 'top' connection by BO3.

On top of that their connection is often fluctuating. How often do you see other players on 4 bars become 3 bar, then 2, then 4, then 3 - that's a huge amount of jitter, 100's of ms, but even small fluctuations (that don't register as a '4 bar to 3 bar') will cause problems in a fast-paced game.

So yeah, I'd say BO3 is broken to be honest. Sometimes, if everyone in the lobby has a stable connection, you'll get a few great games in a row.

But when someone in the lobby has a wobbly connection, especially if they're actually good too, then it can easily fall apart.

It's this game.

From there I think it will eventually move to P2P and that is where I personally believe the NetDuma will be most effective.

Ping Plotter has been used to isolate plenty of ISP problems in the past year, so I would not discount the intel you can get from it.  Several people have found serious issues that were escalated and fixed, or people like myself just jumped ISPs to get one with better maintenance/better performance/less jitter & BS.

There are just a lot of variables to be able to isolate one thing as "the problem", thus we have people do several things to better isolate the problem itself and get you someone who is better equipped to help assist.

But BO3 is most definitely an ever changing landscape at the moment, so it is difficult to measure performance across a wide ranging sample.

I expect full P2P may fix a lot of the issues that we see with the matchmaking but that all depends if there are enough people left in the 'pool' by then...

And the Netduma Geo filter will totally be able to do it's thing then - I wonder if the host will have an epic advantage, we'll see I suppose. Biggest annoyance is if the game crashes when the host 'dashboards', hopefully it will just 'migrate'.

Alright. Here's a good question then, two of them. 

When does the new update for Netduma come out? When it comes out, will it fix the problem for BO3 or will it be too late meaning that Infinite Warfare will already be released by the time Netduma updates their router? Will the update fix most of the problems that everyone is facing?

We don't know. It will launch when it's ready. They won't want to say because people get stroppy if it gets pushed back. And 'pushed back' is always better than 'half-arsed release'

No, it won't fix BO3. And it's probably already too late for BO3 now anyway.

As you suspect, Infinite Warfare and CoD4 remastered (and Battlefield 1 and Titan Fall 2 and...) will shatter the player-base for BO3 completely and permanently.

BO3 is a dead man walking.

Full P2P (after dedicated servers have dropped) might fix some problems but will introduce others issues (migrations, poor hosts, etc).

Archived