Hello - new user introduction

bashie

Hello Duma people, 

I received the R1 a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to integrate into my home network.

Presently I have it directly connected to the BT Infinity router and configured my old TP-link cable router to be a wireless access point.

I should say that the lack of 5GHz on the R1 was something that did concern me before ordering. My kids insatiable appetite for netflix and youtube causing untold suffering on our wifi network, but reusing my existing tech worked well and cost me nothing.

I am still becoming familiar with the router, but being an XBONE gamer the few destiny lobbies I have joined using the geofilter have been filled with players and green bars of goodness.  Unfortunate the reality that low latency doesn't make me a better player came as a shock to the system too :)

One request that I have for the sales team at Netduma is that I have no record of my order - there was no email acknowledgement sent to me - just a paypal receipt so if you could fix that I would appreciate it.

Thanks - looking forward to the update later in the year.

• Netduma Staff

Hey - welcome to the forum. Good to here on the whole you're liking the Duma. A confirmation email with tracking number etc is supposed to be sent out. You're not the first to post recently about not receiving one so hopefully Fraser can look into it and see if something is going on :)

yes it is quite normal. i am on bt too but i have my duma connected directly to my hub6 but occasionally when i feel like causing mayhem in my household i will replace my homehub6 with my asus dsl modem/router and connect the duma to that.  5GZ is all well n good but 2.4 is more reliable and has a further range than 5ghz. 

welcome to the duma family brother :)

5549443479.png

Right now I'm enjoying watching the router more than fragging the opposition - is this normal? :)

Yep, I get killed frequently when I'm looking at the 'peer-ping'.

I have to shut my laptop screen now or I get hypnotised and slaughtered!

And welcome  :ph34r:

Archived