Host Desciptor

RedBull2k

I'm sorry to say the devs probably won't ever give that information out due to some using them for malicious actions.  Originally the ID's were IP addresses and the devs changed them to the ID's that we have now.  Only the devs can convert them to the designated IP addresses.  

Would be questionable business practices to allow anyone to see people's IP's and would open the door to people using the info for things other than it's intended purpose,so that's not gonna happen.

I have an asus and they have no problem showing me my active connections to and from the internet, its also like saying you cant have this router as it exposes you to the internet where people with bad intentions can do questionable things, Why should it be a problem when the info is available elsewhere.

I would like to save the data collected by ping plotter to look at after i have a bad game of questionable jitter and where its coming from. 

and then from this to create a list and put it into some kind of graph so i can see the whole picture of what exactly is going on

• 2 weeks later...

Why not show the ip addresses of all things connected to your xbox/ps4...

Oh wait, because people gaming DDoS other people...

But i can do the same thing on my Asus, not true...it might show you the connections but you'd be parsing the data and figuring out xbox live party chat servers from game servers from co-gamers.  So although yeah it shows you the iptable and states (which all routers have) you are wanting to open something that has no benefit.

You shouldn't be pingplotting other people, it will cause latency on most other ISP connections...Can it be done? yes, if you want figure it out (this is a challenge to Iain, this shouldn't be possible).

So that's my personal response, i highly doubt anyone could have an argument with a full party of game devs and explain why you want this feature.  Hey Bungie, I want to see the IP of all the people i'm playing with and the servers please...yeah let me get right on that...

Anyways, you can still use Cain and Able and then ARP poison your own network and then still figure out which ip is what.

Why did this come off like i'm an asshole? because honestly i don't think this is a truly humble and honest ask.

in response as i only now looked at your post, 

My question was asking for a feature i could get from my other device. I can get this information i want by knowing what to look for from "cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack". I am able to isolate what i want using the  "grep" command to only pull the info i want, (not other players, unless its a p2p game). In my case to run pingplotter to identify where the problem lies. Don't get me wrong pingplotter is new to me and i don't really know if its the way i need to go forward.

The benefit for me is while using the r1 i can still see/get the information.

you wrote

Why did this come off like i'm an asshole? because honestly i don't think this is a truly humble and honest ask.

I have not shown anywhere that I am dis-honest or have bad intentions. what your saying there is i am guilty for something i haven't even done. what is honest and humble is im here to improve my online experience just like you. I caught something in chat that you only play or can select only vultr servers, is that humble and honest to the next player trying to improve their experience

in response as i only now looked at your post, 

My question was asking for a feature i could get from my other device. I can get this information i want by knowing what to look for from "cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack". I am able to isolate what i want using the  "grep" command to only pull the info i want, (not other players, unless its a p2p game). In my case to run pingplotter to identify where the problem lies. Don't get me wrong pingplotter is new to me and i don't really know if its the way i need to go forward.

The benefit for me is while using the r1 i can still see/get the information.

you wrote

I have not shown anywhere that I am dis-honest or have bad intentions. what your saying there is i am guilty for something i haven't even done. what is honest and humble is im here to improve my online experience just like you. I caught something in chat that you only play or can select only vultr servers, is that humble and honest to the next player trying to improve their experience

yes, that is much more honest and a possible request.  Would I say this can be baked in for everyone? no...is this something that an admin or mod could help you with outside this (yes)

Archived