Can't connect to games, NAT errors etc - Workaround & fixes

• Administrators

Hey guys, so with recent updates people are seeing NAT issues and being unable to connect to games. I believe this is due to server changes on the game/online service i.e. adding new ones, repurposing them etc.

We are aware of this and actively working to resolve the situation. 

Meanwhile as a workaround have your console off, disable the Geo-filter, boot up the console & game and then enable the Geo-filter once you're in the menu and able to search. You should be able to filter as normal. Keep auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled and applied whilst you do this. 

I will be putting out test clouds for people to try - keep in mind it may take up to 4 hours to propagate. Please let me know if the issue is resolved depending on the cloud you're on. 

If you have this issue and willing to help please let me know if you are available for a 1 on 1 and it will vastly speed up the process.

For test clouds disable auto&bleeding edge and choose numbers for Whitelist, Game server & Map manually. Please only choose these if you are aware that they may not resolve the issue but you are willing to help. Otherwise please use the workaround until we can fix it. 

Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE: Please go back to auto&bleeding edge cloud and apply. This should fix any of the issues you were seeing. Please allow up to 4 hours for the cloud to propagate.

1st:

2nd

3rd

4th 

UPDATE

Here are two further clouds to try, remember it may take 4 hours to propagate.

I believe this one is what works the best:

Give me your feedback and if like me you found the latter to work I shall move it over to bleeding edge.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 4 worked for me last night on AW and BO3 . AW worked right away , BO3 I had to reset router and xbox one a few times maybe more than a few before it was happy and would let me play.

Oh and I never had a nat issue I had the ABCDEF-h whatever error when trying to connect earlier last night and the day before. The day before I also could not connect bto aw . It seems good now with everything back on and #4 cloud settings.

nir les pas de FONCTIONNE de moi cest in the essai sur ps4 reseau sa rencontré echc en type de nat tout le temp 

Please excuse, buddy. It's been too long since my last french lesson, but I think you are talking about the issue everyone has at the moment.

Please see the instruction to fix it from above from Fraser's post and do it in the meantime, while the Netduma team is fixing this issue.  :)

Au revoir, Kay.

I am in the Netherlands.

The first one (20-14-25) works for me and the second one (20-15-25) works also , the third one (21-14-25) not in the afternoon today and the fourth one (21-15-25) doesn't work for me. Gives me a strict nat-type.

Do these numbers change normally? My numbers are always 1,1,1. They never change and those numbers work for me too. I do a cloud refresh every week, sometimes 2 times in a week. Always 1-1-1.. 

Grtz Dennis

Fraser, the #3 test cloud settings sometimes works sometimes doesn't for me in Oklahoma. I will test #1 starting now. Do you think this could be what has been effecting me for the last week cause it sure sounds like my own issue. If so, let's postpone the 1 on 1 so you have time to work on it in the background unless you think otherwise. Thanks for the dedicated support!

• Administrators

Number 4 worked for me last night on AW and BO3 . AW worked right away , BO3 I had to reset router and xbox one a few times maybe more than a few before it was happy and would let me play.

Oh and I never had a nat issue I had the ABCDEF-h whatever error when trying to connect earlier last night and the day before. The day before I also could not connect bto aw . It seems good now with everything back on and #4 cloud settings.

Thank you for the feedback!

I am in the Netherlands.

The first one (20-14-25) works for me and the second one (20-15-25) works also , the third one (21-14-25) not in the afternoon today and the fourth one (21-15-25) doesn't work for me. Gives me a strict nat-type.

Do these numbers change normally? My numbers are always 1,1,1. They never change and those numbers work for me too. I do a cloud refresh every week, sometimes 2 times in a week. Always 1-1-1.. 

Grtz Dennis

Okay interesting. When it's set to auto & bleeding edge the numbers you see won't change but it will be changed in the background.

Fraser, the #3 test cloud settings sometimes works sometimes doesn't for me in Oklahoma. I will test #1 starting now. Do you think this could be what has been effecting me for the last week cause it sure sounds like my own issue. If so, let's postpone the 1 on 1 so you have time to work on it in the background unless you think otherwise. Thanks for the dedicated support!

Okay let me know! Possibly, though if the issue persists it would be good to see what's happening for improving the cloud.

Is anyone else still having issues?

Mixed reports, but we don't know if they have been trying things or if they just discovered the problem.  Why?  Still having issues yourself?

Mixed reports, but we don't know if they have been trying things or if they just discovered the problem.  Why?  Still having issues yourself?

Yeah, I can't find games.  It just hangs.  I've reset my router and console about 10 times and still nothing.  All ports forwarded appropriately, Geo filter is disabled..  Blops 3 (XB1) logs in, I go to find match and nothing.  It says analyzing matches but never connects. Never had issues before. No idea whats going on. 

Yoow guys,

Any news about the problems?  Did you guys find out what went wrong? Some people want to get informed. Or hear when things will be solved.

Its getting very annoying no partychat and workaround to get in games etc.

No partychat with the cloud settings (all 4) and with the geo on/off workaround also no chat.

And I have an open nat-type and the good ports set. Also still no geo-location on DSL test.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Grtz Dennis

• Administrators

No conclusive information from anyone thus far so I took the console home this weekend and will test myself as it should be a lot quicker. Will let people know what I find/if I need to conduct 1 on 1's for further info.