help setting up hidemyass

Spediegunz

• Administrators

in the server you'll need to type a location e.g. London then pick something from the drop down list. Then use the username/password you use to login into the hidemyass website.

• Administrators

oh wow its no where near as difficult as I was making it out to be  :wacko:

We tried to make it the simplest VPN setup possible. We've had a few people say its too simple lol

In terms of moving your home. I would not recommend using a VPN, I would suggest moving your home then restarting the game. Then take a screenshot of what happens please

We tried to make it the simplest VPN setup possible. We've had a few people say its too simple lol

In terms of moving your home. I would not recommend using a VPN, I would suggest moving your home then restarting the game. Then take a screenshot of what happens please

aw man I tried before you said that and I couldn't even connect to 1 person with ping assist on or off no one popped up anywhere in the world not even the yellow exclamation triangle.  It appears using the vpn in a different home locations screws with things too much.  I was only testing if the cod net coding was made to put you to the closest dedicated server near you so I tried fooling it by changing my ip with the vpn. but no dice.  :unsure:

But if you want a laugh i kept the vpn on uk and turned off the host filtering all together and this is what happened 

C84E1016-B920-4EEB-B780-2F1DBC64C4B2.png

A315D781-BA5F-4954-BB3A-997DFB1CDEE3.jpg

it kept saying unable to ping host so I don't know the numbers but the game had so much lag that I was practically running up to people and shooting them without worry of being shot back.

as far as trying to move my home location to the uk using the host filtering Ive tried before and couldn't get into a game, but I don't think I ever reset the game I will try it and report back the results.

• Administrators

Hey man I don't think you should do that I think Activision frown about that behaviour. I would highly recommend not using a VPN and playing public matches you may get banned. 

Hey man I don't think you should do that I think Activision frown about that behaviour. I would highly recommend not using a VPN and playing public matches you may get banned. 

yeah brother, I wasn't trying to get a better advantage on purpose just was testing out where would a pull a host from. using the vpn with the filtering didn't work at all and using the vpn without filtering pulled a host in saudi arabia with players all over the world it was weird, but no i didn't enjoy that kind of lag and I won't be doing it again.

took your advice and reset the game, set my netduma to the uk region with ping assist on. after a few minutes of being bounced out of lobbies I found a game.. everyone in the lobby seemed to be from the Uk except for me and we all were hosted by the seattle servers again  -_- then I tried again and found a game still with all UK players but the dedicated server was in virgina

8479c07c-a0a7-4748-8c13-8104e8e1dec6.png

98ce6419-785a-4f74-874d-dc5504fe17d1.png

the quality of the games were better than playing on the seattle servers but not that much better 

Then I tried turning off ping assist to see if I can land a p2p game being hosted in the UK, it took a really long time like 15 minutes to get lucky and land into a game the ping was about 100 ms but even that still felt better then playing on the dedicated servers

5e1028f4-c9ed-4a7d-a0b4-a3c2958d1759.png

after that I tried to see if I can get any luck getting a p2p match in the US it took about 30 minutes because I just kept getting booted out of lobbies, I kept hitting the snap feature and then I finally got put into a match that already was underway and I was able to stay It was a really amazing feel I went 28-4 in tdm 

b1db6e48-1cba-4452-94b6-031895d9f859.png

I played about 5 all good feeling matching while connected to the host then by the 6th game he left in the middle of the match and they attempted a host migration that didn't work and I haven't been able to find another p2p match again since  :angry:

• Administrators

Ok you see the host in the North East when you're playing in the UK. It is a sparkly circle which means that its a host you put in your allow list(i.e. a friend). So now he is excluded from Geo-Filtering and it looks like he got host. 

If you have 0ms ping assist & strict mode on. The game will never pick a host outside your Geo-Filter unless its in your allow list.

Does that make sense mate? 

• Administrators

If you can't "update" them its a dedicated server. But if you put ping assist to 0ms and strict mode on. Do you see circles appear outside your filter?

Archived