My duma is acting weird

My netduma is acting pretty weird. The wifi drops every now and then randomly and Upnp isnt working like it should. I went to fatory to reset it hoping it would fix my problem but it seem to get worse.I have 3 consoles connected to it my xbox 360 xbox one and my ps4. I can get a open nat on both the ps4 and xbox one but for some odd reason upnp isnt opening no ports for my xbox 360. i kno i can enter the ports on my own but i want upnp do it for me without the hassle of opening the same ports on that upnp is already using. Ive tried unticking upnp in both misc and the upnp tab but nothing seems to get the ports open on my 360 that way. I have optimized my router to the max and somethings just dont seem to work for me idk why. One more thing the ping diagnostic test doesnt work for me anymore whenever i run the test it just shuts my internet down for a few secs and i dont get any results. 

You have been on this board for a while so I am guessing you have tried the un-tick wifi work around?

With your consoles are you turning off the others before you boot the next as you should as this will stop the handshake from say the ps4 then handshake with the 360 when it is started.

• Administrators

What's your full setup? 

Has your ISP hub got it's WiFi/UPnP/Port forwarding all disabled? 

Have all the consoles been given a static IP in DHCP lease? 

Is your 360 connecting via automatic network settings?

Are you connected via WiFi when doing the Internet Diagnostics test? If so when it disconnects it may connect to a different WiFi network and thus not provide results. Does it occur when connected via ethernet?

You have been on this board for a while so I am guessing you have tried the un-tick wifi work around?

With your consoles are you turning off the others before you boot the next as you should as this will stop the handshake from say the ps4 then handshake with the 360 when it is started.

yep i be on my 360 more then my other 2 consoles

yep i be on my 360 more then my other 2 consoles

OK try this ..  Turn all consoles off, then reboot the Netduma from misc settings wait 2 minutes then start the 360.

If this does not work try .. turn off all consoles, go to settings UPnP untick , apply , refresh the page, retick apply refresh the page then start the 360.

OK try this ..  Turn all consoles off, then reboot the Netduma from misc settings wait 2 minutes then start the 360.

If this does not work try .. turn off all consoles, go to settings UPnP untick , apply , refresh the page, retick apply refresh the page then start the 360.

tried that as well sunday i just port forwarded the ports for the 360 i just hope it doesnt cause it conflict with 3074 because my other consoles has that port open as well with upnp

Ok i will i know i asked you about themes for my duma awhile ago is there still a way i can get some different ones

timestamp="1470841328"]Possible but keep us updated

tried that as well sunday i just port forwarded the ports for the 360 i just hope it doesnt cause it conflict with 3074 because my other consoles has that port open as well with upnp

As far as I know the netduma NAT function will not work with 3074 forwarded to more than one device.  With SOHO routers it's hit and miss on which routers will ahndle ports correctly.  In a perfect world the device requests to open say port 3074 and the request is granted usually internal to external as the same port.  Then on teh second device requesting the same port that is already "assigned" forward packets from 3074 to 192.168.88.x, then it should forward a port range higher EXTERNALLY then INTERNALLY to 3074 so it would read as  internal requested open forward of 3074 to 192.168.88.x which is assigned already so resolve to forward external 3321 to internal request 3074.  This is how it SHOULD work.  But the Netduma is not alone in this issue.  I've tested this and the only brand of SOHO router to forward the same internal port request by assigning different higher value external ports is Netgear.  I know for a fact the flagship models of TP-link and ASUS will not handle it because they use restricted cone NAT.   I beleive what Netduma needs is to use one to one NAT,,, I could be mistaken. Either way if they could find out what NAT style/type Netgear uses they will ahve another winning feature ABOVE other routers.  

Like said above, but this time, remove all port forwarding you had input manually, untick UPn P, unplug everything BUT the 360 and then reboot the netduma.  Go into settings and tick UPnP and then restart the 360. You should see the ports populate, if not I would request a 1on1. 

I'd like to know if someone ever got this to work because Sony has admitted online that bo3 will only request port 3074.  In theory and practical practice you should also be able to forward 9306-9308 as well as 3074-3076 for multiples but the request from the ps4 is not made outside of 3074 and 9308. 

I would call Sony and Activision and other SOHO router companies and confirm.  I promise you once you wade through all the BS of 'have you reset your router etc...' they will tell you their device will not handle the NAT.

The game is set to call out requests for ports 9306-9308 and 3074-3076,  The ps4 however will not call for additional ports, if the game console #1 has called for OPEN port on 3074 and 9308 as default and console #2 can resolve that those ports are in fact already open 3074-3074 external to internal then Console#2 will resolve that the ports is open on the network and sit at a moderate NAT type.  Most SOHO routers have issues with NAT and the several manufacturer used versions of NAT. Restricted cone, reverse cone, one to one..   The info is out there and I have personally spoken with Sony, TP-link, Asus, and Netgear. It's one of those things you have to prove to yourself.  I promise if you figure out what NAT Netgear R6250-R8500 use you will have yet another winning feature.  

Archived