Network Monitor

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent an hour playing with the network monitor , having 16 devices on the Duma I was very impressed with this function . I have a question though and it may be stupid ! I kept seeing ( Wii online ) in my monitor and could not understand because we don't have a

wii . So I did some snooping and eventually tracked it down to my daughters xbox , the monitor shows xbox live and Wii online on my daughters xbox , so I knock on her door and ask what she is up to , she is playing GTA5 online (don't ask !!! ). But where is Wii online

Coming from ?

Just spent an hour playing with the network monitor , having 16 devices on the Duma I was very impressed with this function . I have a question though and it may be stupid ! I kept seeing ( Wii online ) in my monitor and could not understand because we don't have a

wii . So I did some snooping and eventually tracked it down to my daughters xbox , the monitor shows xbox live and Wii online on my daughters xbox , so I knock on her door and ask what she is up to , she is playing GTA5 online (don't ask !!! ). But where is Wii online

Coming from ?

is the wii off or only in hibernation mode?

Guest Netduma Fraser

That's the thing, we don't have a Wii in the house

This is because the ports that use the Wii may also be used by the Xbox/other devices and so it shows the Wii being used because its detecting those ports as having activity, I imagine it doesnt actually use those ports very much and actually comes up as a small fraction of whats using the connection? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

HI,

sorry the wii online classification is way too broad. We added pre-launch to get the game console working. I will need to restrict it a bit so classifications improve :) For now if it says wii-online ignore please

@netduma_fraser please remind me to less wii-online classification for next upgrade

Archived