Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help us test games that YOU want to play!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

NoMoreMyFriend-S

NoMoreMyFriend-S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Available on PS4 for MWR, IW and Titanfall2

Located in Austria and Turkey

Pls let me know if I can help

Cheers

Born Highlander

Born Highlander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

BO3, Doom on Xbox One

Net-1

Net-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Happy to help test Overwatch. 

especially as Blizzard advise people to turn off all QoS and trafiic /management/shaping on routers to optimise game network performance.

on PS4 in UK with Virgin Cable

"You're losing it, kiddo.... I'm only supposed to be your prophet....You're supposed to be my God."

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Happy to help test Overwatch. 

especially as Blizzard advise people to turn off all QoS and trafiic /management/shaping on routers to optimise game network performance.

on PS4 in UK with Virgin Cable

I think Overwatch is good. Should be able to force the server in your region everytime. Though I would be interested to hear if you have a better experience on the server with/w/o QoS

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Net-1

Net-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

On PC they definitely have a system in place that continually adapts the individual send and receive server and client tick rates according to client network quality.  Maybe that's why they recommend no qos. I'm not sure they have the same system on console though. They said they were looking into it but then I read a post on the blizzard  forums that seemed to imply it was already deployed. Ive had 2 ps4s on 70 70 and hyperlanes now for ages without any issues.     I'll give it a shot without to see. Though its hard to tell when things go wrong in Overwatch due to the nature of the game. Every death always feels unfair especially those roadhog hooks or spamzo headshots.... 

"You're losing it, kiddo.... I'm only supposed to be your prophet....You're supposed to be my God."

postal1982

postal1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I can test 

PC:

Overwatch

Battlefield 1 

MU Legend

Path of Exile

Rocket League

I live in  Dallas Texas area.

Mustard Tiger

Mustard Tiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Need anyone to test Gears of War 4? Cuz the lag on this is insane it's really pissing me off.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Need anyone to test Gears of War 4? Cuz the lag on this is insane it's really pissing me off.

We'll be testing the game shortly :)

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

flowolf

flowolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

When can we expect an ETA for settings related to Gears 4?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

When can we expect an ETA for settings related to Gears 4?

Should start testing next week! :)

Time Converter

AsNCo

AsNCo

Clubhouse Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

I think Overwatch is good. Should be able to force the server in your region everytime. Though I would be interested to hear if you have a better experience on the server with/w/o QoS

If you need help for testing of Overwatch on PC and PS4, I can help.
Getting 2-3ms to the Americas server which has a server located right here in Singapore. Game play so smooth that I don't even need to use my Netduma.

I did however encounter getting put into a server that gives me 103 ms which probably means a US server. But that was during non-peak hours that probably means not enough players in the SEA region. I was in the my country's Overwatch Facebook group and see them some players were getting 100-300+ms on the other ISPs. Just to show how unoptimized the other ISPs are from my ISP which was marketed as a non-traffic shaping and route-optimized ISP that is meant for gamers.
They were thinking that VPN might help but VPN can only optimize their route to that Overseas server. What they should be doing is blocking those servers and forcing them to constantly land on the Singapore server. If you get where I am coming from. So the Netduma might end up extremely vital to them unless they choose to Change ISPs.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

If you need help for testing of Overwatch on PC and PS4, I can help.
Getting 2-3ms to the Americas server which has a server located right here in Singapore. Game play so smooth that I don't even need to use my Netduma.

I did however encounter getting put into a server that gives me 103 ms which probably means a US server. But that was during non-peak hours that probably means not enough players in the SEA region. I was in the my country's Overwatch Facebook group and see them some players were getting 100-300+ms on the other ISPs. Just to show how unoptimized the other ISPs are from my ISP which was marketed as a non-traffic shaping and route-optimized ISP that is meant for gamers.
They were thinking that VPN might help but VPN can only optimize their route to that Overseas server. What they should be doing is blocking those servers and forcing them to constantly land on the Singapore server. If you get where I am coming from. So the Netduma might end up extremely vital to them unless they choose to Change ISPs.

That's very interesting indeed, thanks for that. I'll look into that a bit more and get back to you!

Time Converter