Best gaming monitor to use?

JordanV96

Hello, I am trying to find a new monitor to buy, and I was wondering... does anyone in here use BenQ Monitors? Thinking about picking up some for gaming, and I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the monitors. Looking at the RL series. Specifically the RL2755HM Monitor, the MLG one. I usually play on my big TV but I thought maybe it would be better to play on a gaming monitor especially when it comes to FPS games Thanks for your help in advance.

I think most have BenQ's they are a great monitor.I'm not slighting any other monitors,just really like my BenQ.You'll notice an immediate difference IMO and it's really nice to look at a 24-27 inch monitor than a 75 inch flat screen.

Funny, this is the one I am playing on currently.  BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitor

What would you like to know?

I love it.  I had a 24" and I had a return that was Amazon credit, so I decided to upgrade my primary monitor.  Everything you hear about the BenQ is true.  Really fast input response, really easy to use, bright colors and you will win more gunfights over a TV that wasn't designed for gaming, that is for sure.

You can check the display lag of most TVs and monitors using the link below.  They actually measure it based upon true performance.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ 

I was playing on an older 55" TV that had moderate to bad display lag (even with game mode).  This was compounded further because I was running this through an older home theater system that was adding even more display lag.  

I bought a Benq RL2460HT for my PS4 during COD AW, and have been playing with it for about a year.  I absolutely could notice the difference going from my slower TV to faster Benq monitor.  In addition, the Benq monitors have a great black equalizer that is wonderful for see better on darker maps.  It did take a small adjustment to get used to playing on 55" TV to 24" monitor - especially for my older eyes.  Now, I will never play on a big TV again unless it can match the Benq responsiveness.

I have the Benq XL2720Z this monitor is the bees knees. get it you wont be disappointed, there are some good bugs in the monitor also that make this the best thing to get.

Haha, that is funny. What do you like about it? How is the color? and what don't you like about it? Maybe some pros & cons. I would appreciate it! 

Funny, this is the one I am playing on currently.  BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitor

I love it.  I had a 24" and I had a return that was Amazon credit, so I decided to upgrade my primary monitor.  Everything you hear about the BenQ is true.  Really fast input response, really easy to use, bright colors and you will win more gunfights over a TV that wasn't designed for gaming, that is for sure.

Haha, that is funny. What do you like about it? How is the color? and what don't you like about it? Maybe some pros & cons. I would appreciate it! 

Well the price is a bit of a shocker at first.  Like I said, I had an in-store only return for credit, so I didn't pay full price.  But still, it's a bit of investment for "only gaming".  Maybe if you have a home office and it's a tax write off you could justify it easier? :D

It's big.  It doesn't sound like it's a huge screen, but once you add it to a standard work desk, like I have, it takes up space.  I was surprised at how much of the wall and gaming shelf I installed behind it, it blocked out.  LOL  I also had to order a special dual arm mount to handle both the new monitor and the older 24" (I think) BenQ that I have.  

The stand it comes with is plastic with metal mounts.  I think the internals are stamped steel, but it's not a rock solid base.  It would be fine on a smaller monitor, but again, in a smaller room and that big monitor, it does give one some pause.  At least it did me, hence the reason I went with the dual arm mount.

The colors are great.  I am not personally a male with color blindness, but I know as I get older my eyes are getting weaker.  The black equalizer that UK_Wildcats mentioned above is great for darker areas in the map where those camping little streak enders sit.  You can adjust it for your liking and I have found those somewhat darker areas suddenly got a whole lot easier to look into for threads.

Turn on is quick.  My previous monitor had a bit of a delay and at times it had me pushing the button a couple of times.  This newer model gives more immediate feedback.

I can't think of many downsides in relation to gaming other than those limited ones mentioned.  It will cost a little more, but I am really happy with it.

Well the price is a bit of a shocker at first.  Like I said, I had an in-store only return for credit, so I didn't pay full price.  But still, it's a bit of investment for "only gaming".  Maybe if you have a home office and it's a tax write off you could justify it easier? :D

It's big.  It doesn't sound like it's a huge screen, but once you add it to a standard work desk, like I have, it takes up space.  I was surprised at how much of the wall and gaming shelf I installed behind it, it blocked out.  LOL  I also had to order a special dual arm mount to handle both the new monitor and the older 24" (I think) BenQ that I have.  

The stand it comes with is plastic with metal mounts.  I think the internals are stamped steel, but it's not a rock solid base.  It would be fine on a smaller monitor, but again, in a smaller room and that big monitor, it does give one some pause.  At least it did me, hence the reason I went with the dual arm mount.

The colors are great.  I am not personally a male with color blindness, but I know as I get older my eyes are getting weaker.  The black equalizer that UK_Wildcats mentioned above is great for darker areas in the map where those camping little streak enders sit.  You can adjust it for your liking and I have found those somewhat darker areas suddenly got a whole lot easier to look into for threads.

Turn on is quick.  My previous monitor had a bit of a delay and at times it had me pushing the button a couple of times.  This newer model gives more immediate feedback.

I can't think of many downsides in relation to gaming other than those limited ones mentioned.  It will cost a little more, but I am really happy with it.

I second everything he said ^^^

Except it depends on how far away you are sitting from the monitor. I am less than arms length away and I think 24 is good enough for that. If it's more than arms length then I would say go with the 27 inch... Also if you want a little more adjustability go with the one I use which is the RL2460HT. It is the same panel as the 2455 except it has more adjustments to the stand as well as a HDMI output so you can stream or hook up another monitor to it.

Thank you both for the feedback! I really appreciate it! :D 

I second everything he said ^^^

Except it depends on how far away you are sitting from the monitor. I am less than arms length away and I think 24 is good enough for that. If it's more than arms length then I would say go with the 27 inch... Also if you want a little more adjustability go with the one I use which is the RL2460HT. It is the same panel as the 2455 except it has more adjustments to the stand as well as a HDMI output so you can stream or hook up another monitor to it.

I use this monitor as well tournament size is 24" but I prefer the slightly larger 27"

You will 100% be better at the game by going to a smaller better monitor. You miss a TON of things playing on a screen that is too large by missing things in your peripherals.

Slightly off topic if you want to be bleeding edge every little thing helps.

My KD went up when I started using a custom controler

my KD went up when I started using the NetDuma

My KD went up when I upgraded from a TV to an actual gaming monitor

My KD went up when I upgraded from cable to fiber

etc

Some were marginal some were slightly more than marginal (controller) overall probably went from about a 2.0 KD avg to about a 2.5 KD avg

I have 3 BenQ monitors at the moment, one sits in a box but I plan to use it once I move houses in a triple monitor setup.

For console gaming (60Hz) I use the RL2460HT (24inch) which has a HDMI output port which is great for connecting a PVR to, the beauty of it is you do not add any input lag to the monitor because the PVR connects to the HDMI output... I think they stopped making these though, not sure why but hope mine lasts a long time :)

For PC gaming (144Hz) I use the XL2420TE (24inch), this doesn't offer HDMI output unfortunately like the RL2460HT but I don't record PC gameplay anyway. It's better suited for PC gaming because of its high refresh rate which at this point in time is not available on console (maybe that changes with Project Scorpio and the PS Neo?)

BenQ monitors (RL & XL series) offer low input lag and extremely low response times (grey to grey) which make them great choices for gaming (PC &/or console) however there are other reputable manufacturers out there such as Asus that offer low input lag monitors

• 1 month later...

Well, the monitor came today and I can honestly say I'm glad I bought it. It's hooked up through the hdmi 2.0 port and it claims it 4k@60fps but I don't think it is on black ops 3. Regardless the picture is a bit better than my excellent one from the other Asus. I tweaked it quite a bit and think I've found the sweet spot. I'd buy it again in a second. In all honesty I have @justicar (twitter) to thank. He reassured me of the capabilities via several tweets. He's a marketing director at EA games so I felt I could trust him. I reached out to Xbox and Asus support and neither could really answer my questions. He did in ten minutes and he's got nothing to gain or lose from me so kudos to him.

Now my only hope is that by the time the Scorpio comes out it will be running 60fps at the hdmi 2.0. I'm still going to but an active displayport adapter and give it a shot. Any questions ask me directly. I'll try my best.

Archived