Lagging and being thrown into bad host lobbies

Alright dude you got the same internet as me, first you need to ping plot the last ip that is comcasts on your pinging twitter find the last hop that has comcast in the name and write down the ip. Comcast won't care and frankly can not do anything once off their shit. Save those results. Email [email protected] he is the ceo. He will not get back to you but someone will and you will be speaking to someone much more knowledgeable than the tech they send. The first thing they will do is blame your router or anything that you have that is not yours so I would stuff the R1 and anything else you have in a closet. It took a while but I don't have any of that packet loss you have and my ping to comcast stuff is around 16 and pretty steady. I have the occasional issue but its rare. Oh when you send email do not be an ass be very calm and to the point about the issue and how long you have been dealing with it. Also in fixing you some of your neighbors may get dissconnected. Thats what they did around here to anyone with noise on their line. made them call and make appointment tpo get fixed. So if you want your line fixed that is what I did.

Best of Luck! Oh I play on xbone live in the northeast and love the texas server for solo play.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i will compose a email with the information i gathered today and see what will happen, i know i have the senior tech that wants to come out and check out the lines among a few other things. If you ever like to play hardcore im on the xbox one from northeast and ranked #2 in the world for hardcore career 

What interval are you running the tests at?

Please select 2.5 seconds as most of these graphs are showing packet loss all the way through from the first hop to last.

Which is either you have the interval to high or there is a cable fault either from the wall to the modem or an Ethernet somewhere.

They still list the R1 lan as hop one so they are not directly from your ISP router.

I ask straight from the ISP as there is packet loss showing and I want to rule out either a bad Ethernet or your ISP hub making the issue.

yea i will compose a email with the information i gathered today and see what will happen, i know i have the senior tech that wants to come out and check out the lines among a few other things. If you ever like to play hardcore im on the xbox one from northeast and ranked #2 in the world for hardcore career 

I'm no beast dude. But Ill play anything while on. I have been through a lot of comcast modems or modem /routers. They actually put me on a business class with a router just for internet, I have another router for phone I also have a completely different drop for tv. I happen to be at the end of two lines, so they tell me. I had one modem that the supervisor was telling me it was no way the modem and the next day that modem took a poop. They may just have a bunch of junk out there that they clean up and send you as new. I am TheSirLagalot on xbone!

I hope that your issues are something other than what it looks like,which is a shitty cable ISP.I've been thru that myself and almost lead to me beating a line supervisor in my house as he was completely rude and told me I don't know what I'm talking about when I showed him 2 weeks worth of info from PP and ping test taken at 5 different times of the day.

Like secretface said he had the same issue with the same company and I remember how frustrated he was but he was persistent and got his issue sorted out so I would follow his advice and wish you the best of luck getting it sorted out as nothing is worse than having a issue,bringing it to someone's attention and then being ignored.

But as JD said your gonna have to request a line tech or a tier 3 supervisor / line tech as the tier 1 techs (the one that came to your house) most only know from pole to house. I'm not bashing them that's just their experience level so far in their career and most will have no idea what your talking about when you show them graphs or talk about severe node overload,which is usually the issue with cable as it's over sold in neighborhoods,and basically that means there isn't enough to go around.

I wish I was better at graphics, because this is clearly an issue where a couple of diagrams could seriously help the communal understanding.

Anyone with good graphics skills up for a collaboration effort for the Netduma Community?  Hmmm, Maybe a new thread

I appreciate all the help. They told me they were going to send the highest lead supervising tech out to my house to look at the lines.I with they really offered fiber optic internet in my town beause i would have switched in a heart beat. Comcast has given me nothing but issues from day 1 

It is getting crazy i tried playing a game of cod earlier and the netduma was telling me im hitting lag spikes to 600-1000ms it was insane

Fibre or DSL has much better latency normally in the US.

It depends what the 15 things are doing and the congestion control on the Netduma handles local congestion jitter I used to have a 6/1mb ADSL connection and the duma @ 70% CC changed my life.

i did do some dslreports line quality tests. it showed on hop 5 93 imcp loss over the last 14 days. 3.3% loss, avg 103.9 worst at 1901. and a jitter of 75.1. Also when it pinged i guess the comcast server in california hop 6 had a 81.7% loss 

Archived