Lagging and being thrown into bad host lobbies

I have recently purchased the NetDuma and i keep getting thrown into 2-3 bar lobbies with bad lag spikes. I have even blocked some of these hosts but still seems to be put into their host lobbies. i also noticed if i set my ping to 0 and home location as small as it goes i still seem to be put into lobbies which is kind of weird. My main concern is just some of these lobbies i am in are just making me lag around everywhere which can be pretty frustrating. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have recently purchased the NetDuma and i keep getting thrown into 2-3 bar lobbies with bad lag spikes. I have even blocked some of these hosts but still seems to be put into their host lobbies. i also noticed if i set my ping to 0 and home location as small as it goes i still seem to be put into lobbies which is kind of weird. My main concern is just some of these lobbies i am in are just making me lag around everywhere which can be pretty frustrating. 

Make sure you're up to date 1.03.6, make sure the geofilter is enabled, and turn on strict mode keeping ping assist to 0.

That is what my settings are including the update and i still will be thrown into a lobby,

Reboot the router from the misc settings page, then try again. With strict mode on you should not be put into lobbies outside your filter range if ping assist is at 0

i am playing hard wired and i was getting them on the black ops 3 but when i looked at the ping graph on netduma it was jumping up to 150-200ms

More than likely that's problems with your ISP which would have to be fixed by a tech visit or some tinkering on your end

i had a tech come out last month because i had a problem with my internet and they fixed what was wrong, I mean my speeds are great i run a 150 down and 10 up with an 18ms ping with a 1-2 jitter which really isnt nothing. I will see if this continues to happen and post back another day with my results. I appreciate all the help. thank you

I just found out that i have a little higher than normal Upstream to my modem do you think that could be the problem of distorted quality and lag i am experiencing? i do have a technician coming out wednesday to resolve the issue.

• Administrators

It sounds like you may not be using congestion control.

Ensure every device is connected to the duma via wire or wireless. 70/70 anti-flood and your console in hyper traffic. That should stop the spikes you are seeing. 

Maybe but those are huge spikes. See what they say - remove the duma before they come because they will most likely blame it without even first troubleshooting the issue they're there for.

I just found out that i have a little higher than normal Upstream to my modem do you think that could be the problem of distorted quality and lag i am experiencing? i do have a technician coming out wednesday to resolve the issue.

Have you run ping plotter on your computer and see what the results are ? I would run it 2-3 time a day before the technician comes out.Run it at peak times for your area and then at an off time to compare the results.

And as Fraser said are you using CC on the duma ?

REMOVE duma from your set up before the technician shows up as he will tell you it's a cheap third party router and that is causing the issues.At least they did in my case but I just removed the duma from my set up and plugged directly into their modem and had same issues,he changed his tune after that.But save yourself the trouble and remove it beforehand.

yes i am using the congestion control i have tried 70 - 70 also many other settings as well, giving my xbox the majority of the bandwith also the hyper lane but randomly it will be running smooth then boom lag spikes. i made sure i set it up right using the step by step guide and watched about 10 videos on youtube as well. i will have to run pingplotter later today and look at the results of it to see whats happening

try a different server, I'm not even sure which consol you are on. But I play best on a server much farther away from me than the one you would think is the best ping. I go for steady ping not lowest.

i do notice no matter what settings i seem to run i always have people in my lobby 1-3 barring all the time

That's the game letting them join a server from another country. Nothing you can do about other people degrading your experience.

its getting on my nerves because everytime i look at the ping graph on the netduma i always see a 150 spike no matter what i do. 

Well other people have no effect on that... It can be many things, bad ethernet, bad modem, bad signal, cut cable, who knows... The only way to find out is process of elimination going one at a time. It can be annoying and tedious but eventually you'll get a stable ping. Trust me I was in the same position last year with my ISP and it took 3-4 months of fighting with them and about 12 techs to my house before they woke up and listened that the problem was on their network outside of my house. Eventually they fixed it and I've been okay since.

Archived