Greetings! New Owner of R1

TanYannAn

Hello everyone!

New here, just got my R1 a few days back, am setting up my R1 and very excited!

I mainly play Destiny on PS4, bought this to fullfill my gaming needs as well as controlling other connected devices in the house that occasionally screws up my gameplay!

I'm from Malaysia, nice to meet you!

Hey, welcome to the forum :) If you need any help setting it up feel free to post on here. Have fun using it!

Thanks!  I'm searching for some information on the home front first to set-up my R1.  Currently it won't work with my modem/gateway unit.  I'll post up later in the tech section.

Welcome im a Destiny player but xb1 but duma will work well for you once you setup your requirements.

Hey! Nice meeting ya!  Fingers cross R1 will fit my needs.  Home internet is share with a few members of the family, sometimes it gets really frustrating.

Titan? Warlock? Hunter?

Nice!  Glad you made it to the Duma Army!  If you need to manage your home congestion, you've picked the best router ever created.  It's so easy!  If you need any help setting it up; there are tons of Destiny players on the forum that will share their settings with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently got myself an R1 Netduma and so faqr so good. I think im barely scratching the surface with all its bells and whistles! The Open NAT issue on Xbox Live is driving me mad! Ive tried all of the suggested fixes from this site but i seem to be getting nowhere. Can anyone from Netduma support help please?

I have an Xbox One and laptop connected to R1 router. The R1 is in turn plugged into the Virgin router. I would like to keep the wifi enabled on the Virgin router as it does 5Ghz and the R1 doesnt.

The spiel at the bottom of the R1 config pages say 'R1 debug version 1.03.6g running on rb-951g-2hnd' if that helps?

Im UK based :)

T.I.A

• Administrators

Recently got myself an R1 Netduma and so faqr so good. I think im barely scratching the surface with all its bells and whistles! The Open NAT issue on Xbox Live is driving me mad! Ive tried all of the suggested fixes from this site but i seem to be getting nowhere. Can anyone from Netduma support help please?

I have an Xbox One and laptop connected to R1 router. The R1 is in turn plugged into the Virgin router. I would like to keep the wifi enabled on the Virgin router as it does 5Ghz and the R1 doesnt.

The spiel at the bottom of the R1 config pages say 'R1 debug version 1.03.6g running on rb-951g-2hnd' if that helps?

Im UK based :)

T.I.A

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Keep in mind that allowing WiFi on the Virgin will mean that all devices won't be connected to the R1 so congestion control won't work correctly.

For open NAT put the R1 WAN IP as shown in the device manager into the DMZ of the Virgin hub - should be found in Security/Firewall settings.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Keep in mind that allowing WiFi on the Virgin will mean that all devices won't be connected to the R1 so congestion control won't work correctly.

For open NAT put the R1 WAN IP as shown in the device manager into the DMZ of the Virgin hub - should be found in Security/Firewall settings.

Im not sure what you mean about allowing wifi on the Virgin router. Could you explain please? i only really need to have my console and laptop attached via network cable and retain wifi on just the Virgin router only.

I have taken the WAN IP, in my case its 192.168.0.2, and already tried to add to DMZ, restarted both router and console but still Strict/ Moderate NAT type.

I've only just realised what you meant about the wifi being enabled on just the Virgin router. I guess it may make sense to enable the wifi on the R1 since most of my household is connected to the 2.4Ghz wifi band. This open NAT issue is so annoying! I had this sorted via port forwarding on the Virgin router but i've deleted them from the Virgin router as per what was suggested in the support section.

Archived