This thing is garbage.

BludWurm

Also party chat causes lag on your lobby connection as well. Be warned when using this. If you have bad upload netduma won't save you if your party is in party chat. Don't use the cc in cod either it's placebo waste of time.

I play solo but I'll take the party chat causing lag to the lobby into consideration and try and see that some time.

As for your comment regarding Congestion Control I disagree, I guess you're speaking from your own personal experiences here because from my own and other users who I converse with, we see benefits with the CC slider settings we choose.

It's important to note that there are many people out there who play Call of Duty that do not have the slightest idea as to what causes the WTF moments in COD, more so now in BO3 than ever before, that is Jitter (there are others but Jitter affects the game a great deal), ping is king as they say but with a ton of jitter, who even cares what your latency is?

If I needed to make my COD experience better, I'd be using ping plotter and testing in 6-12-24 hour intervals to see where my ISP spikes take place and more importantly as to when they take place and for how long they take place.

Jitter is a real issue in online MP games but most people are asleep to the fact. Most connections aren't optimised for online MP (especially guys like me using HFC), the sooner people realise that, the earlier they stop raging so much.

I play solo but I'll take the party chat causing lag to the lobby into consideration and try and see that some time.

As for your comment regarding Congestion Control I disagree, I guess you're speaking from your own personal experiences here because from my own and other users who I converse with, we see benefits with the CC slider settings we choose.

It's important to note that there are many people out there who play Call of Duty that do not have the slightest idea as to what causes the WTF moments in COD, more so now in BO3 than ever before, that is Jitter (there are others but Jitter affects the game a great deal), ping is king as they say but with a ton of jitter, who even cares what your latency is?

If I needed to make my COD experience better, I'd be using ping plotter and testing in 6-12-24 hour intervals to see where my ISP spikes take place and more importantly as to when they take place and for how long they take place.

Jitter is a real issue in online MP games but most people are asleep to the fact. Most connections aren't optimised for online MP (especially guys like me using HFC), the sooner people realise that, the earlier they stop raging so much.

I got rid of my jitter and still have the moments. They happen because of others too not just your own internet. Johnny shitternet can affect you too.

I got rid of my jitter and still have the moments. They happen because of others too not just your own internet. Johnny shitternet can affect you too.

In Australia, most people's internet is ass, combine that with people throttling and that's what it's like here.

I'm fortunate to be as close to the dedi as I am on XB1 which explains a lot but on PS4 I have 670KM's distance and the story is the same there too.

There are many variables but COD plays better with no jitter, I play with 1ms jitter to the Victorian Azure server in Australia and it's good, I wish it was as good for you bro... /shrugs.

From what I understand and my time spent with the Netduma router is that it will help you in getting rid of local lag in your end and choosing local players, keep in mind that also a big part of the solution is to have a jitter free internet connection if possible.

Yeah, great features for other routers. Blame it on the people's ISP, Wiring etc. They pay but.............. I get sad trying and trying... 200 dollars/euroos for my time.... I give u one chance with the update otherwise its clear. Elgato connected. Have fun trying.....

Dutch Fanatics!!

Thnx for your great service... sending and paying,,, 

Peace...  :blink:

OOh, I DISCONNECT NOW  ;)

Yeah, great features for other routers. Blame it on the people's ISP, Wiring etc. They pay but.............. I get sad trying and trying... 200 dollars/euroos for my time.... I give u one chance with the update otherwise its clear. Elgato connected. Have fun trying.....

Dutch Fanatics!!

OK Pants, whats your exact problem now? Lets see if we can help you resolve it.

OK Pants, whats your exact problem now? Lets see if we can help you resolve it.

The problem is likely the same as it is for everyone on BO3 on Xbox One in Europe...

We have one bank of servers in Ireland that anyone can connect to no matter how terrible their connection is - I know it says everyone in the lobby has 4 bars (often a lot of 3 bars now actually) but 4 bars means sod all. What is it, under 100ms? That's not even close to acceptable, never mind optimal.

And because the dedis let any connection into lobbies, P2P is unfeasible (and torturous).

I don't know whether there are too few players left on BO3

Or whether the game can't handle the massively different pings across the continent

Or maybe it can't handle the wildly jittery connections that a lot of people in lobbies have

Or it just uses the 'guesswork algorithm' to select who you get in a lobby

Or maybe the internet of the whole of Europe just took a dump (mine included)

Whichever it is I doubt it's resolvable with tweaks, the game is more or less dead now - you will still get some great games but a lot are going to be shite.

I'd estimate my games are 50/50 as to whether the laggers are going to get in and wreck* a lobby but bear in mind that some laggers are going to be really bad players and so it doesn't really matter if they get into your lobby because they can't aim for shit and so can't kill you anyway.

*The number of lobbies with laggy players is way higher than 50%.

I would bet my bollocks that 3 years after it's release, MW3 had retained way more players than this has after only 9 months (and there were a whole lot more of us in the first place on Xbox 360 too). Couple that with the fact that the P2P worked pretty damned well on MW3 (and MW2), whereas on BO3 we're completely at the mercy of the dedi match-making.

Onto the next game then, not too long to wait...

edit - that and a hefty knock to the head as a youngster, I suspect

re-edit - might be on PS4 rather than X1 actually, I expect the problems are the same on both systems anyway.

Well, they do smoke a lot of that funny stuff over there, maybe he just got a bad batch cause man he has issues way above an internet connection.  Based on his posts here that is.

Actually, Pants if you are reading this would you please start a help thread of your own so that we may best help you resolve whatever issues you have. Router R1 related ones that is.

• Administrators

Dutch Fanatics!!

I'm assuming you have an issue? If so can you make your own thread detailing it please.

Im still confused, as why the original issue/post by the user never answers even tho everyone has offered to assist? How i read that the"Net duma is garbage " comment, just blows my mind, as many, many, many people own and use it and have no issue, and has helped gameplay of which it does..

Just dont understand what and why they would say these comments.

There is no other product you can buy, that gives you a Forum, updates 'free', also support and fixes, or even 1-1s

Again im not being paid just stating a fact, its a great product, great support and it works fine. Just takes time.

This is coming from a old Aussie XXXX drinking car head, ive made it work, and it works well

Thanks Duma team.

This is coming from a old Aussie XXXX drinking car head, ive made it work, and it works well

Aussies + Netduma = Best f**king combo ever!

Anyone + VB beer = Worst f***ing headache EVER.

Archived