This thing is garbage.

BludWurm

I've had it for months. The only time it's worth a shit is when I play alone. Add a friend and your game sucks. No difference from any other modem. Except for the fact that it screws up all the time. I always have to reset it. Now I can't even sign in on it. Wasted my money.

Lots of help there. Did I mispell amyth I ng to?

After a reset I think the password becomes 'netdumar1'

If that doesn't work, can you provide some detail about the problem please, then we can give you some suggestions. You haven't given us much to go on. Detail your setup too please.

Rather than keep resetting your Netduma, you should create a support thread (or use this one) to say what is going wrong that is causing you to keep resetting it - how is it going wrong?

And in what way does it suck when you play with friends?

You did, you misspelled 'misspell'.

Sorry to hear you think its not great, after first use of the Netduma I thought this router was so exceptional that I spend my free time helping others where I can.

I think it is that much of a game changer.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

It is not a carbage IMHO. Carbage is a strong word.

Choose a server you want. R1 will put you in this server no matter what.

On the other hand, BO3 matchmaking system will put you in the best server possible. This fact overrides any benefits from Host Filtering.

In a few words, BO3 matchmaking is one step ahead from R1.

Other than that, there are tons of other features that make R1 an excellent choice.

I'm really not a fanboy and my mind is very critical. But when it comes to the Netduma I can say that this device

is the ultimate investment and probably the best decision that I have made for years.

Since I've got my R1 the games are becoming playable again and I feel that I enjoy playing multiplayer games again.

Prior, I had the desire to leave online gaming forever. The R1 did save me from that.  :)

It's not a modem. Thx. I forgot, it's a router. Lots of help there. Did I mispell amyth I ng to?

Not even gonna comment on the mispelling of amyth I ng LOL

On to your issue,you said the only time it's worth a shit is when you play alone.So it's not garbage when your running solo but it is when your in a party ? Yeah it sounds like it the router couldn't possibly be other factors involved.

When your in a party are you the party leader ?

Where are your party members located from you ?

How is your party members internet quality,not the speed the quality jitter etc.

And have you tried adjusting your settings when in a party to see if it makes a difference in your gaming experience.

Is your duma set up correctly for your home network ?

And if the duma gets you games close to home with a lower ping it's doing it's job.The lower ping would come from being put in lobbies near you when you get your geo filter.

But just saying the duma is shit is kind of a vague statement,if you want more help you need to provide more information.

What exactly is the issue your having ?

I believe you didn't set it up right. Once you get the right settings for your region the router does its job. I even tested this router on ps3 with old CoDs, Resident Evil 6 and Tekken 6 and it worked great. Works great on GTA 5 on ps4 too. I set my radius soo small so i block other players and i can do the missions myself without being bothered by others lol. This router has not only helped me dominate lag but also block those annoying players in GTA 5 that get in my mission lobbies.

I am living proof the Netduma router is the best thing since sliced bread, especially in BO3 and I ONLY play on dedicated servers (intentionally).

As they say, seeing is believing, just so you understand what this thing is actually capable of, with an inquisitive mind that is willing to research and tweak settings for the connection.

PS4 :

XB1 : https://vimeo.com/175655021

XB1 : https://vimeo.com/175937589

...Wasted my money.

I've had it for months. The only time it's worth a shit is when I play alone. Add a friend and your game sucks. No difference from any other modem. Except for the fact that it screws up all the time. I always have to reset it. Now I can't even sign in on it. Wasted my money.

theres no need trash talking in the forums. If you need help with diagnosing your issue we are all here to help. What are your isp speeds, what is your base ping.  theres a lot of variables involved in getting the optimal settings. It has taken me months to get it working how i anted to by experimenting and seeking help in the forums.

5503040840.png

In fairness i do experience the same thing, where if i play solo i get decent games (on average), compared to if i play in a party with 1 or 2 friends. Maybe it is built into matchmaking to put you into tougher lobbies when partied up?

• Administrators

Someone potentially mentioned that before. If you're party leader and you have them in the allow list then the duma is doing what it usually does. In that scenario it will be something outside our control.

Someone potentially mentioned that before. If you're party leader and you have them in the allow list then the duma is doing what it usually does. In that scenario it will be something outside our control.

It would be nice if the new update has a party button to stop filtering and listen/auto-add anyone that connects with you (ie they start joining into your party).  Simply clicking on that button again will close that and re-apply/adjust the filter to prevent any connection issues.  I don't play in parties but I know many do and if I understand the current process of manually doing things, I think it would speed up the process and make it less hassle for the user and party members.  It sounds like you guys are pushing towards a more automated/hands-free router and I think this would be a nice thing to have in the future.

• Administrators

It would be nice if the new update has a party button to stop filtering and listen/auto-add anyone that connects with you (ie they start joining into your party).  Simply clicking on that button again will close that and re-apply/adjust the filter to prevent any connection issues.  I don't play in parties but I know many do and if I understand the current process of manually doing things, I think it would speed up the process and make it less hassle for the user and party members.  It sounds like you guys are pushing towards a more automated/hands-free router and I think this would be a nice thing to have in the future.

Great idea, will put it on the list!

only thing i use it for while playing with others is watching lobby ping and if its too high or connecting to people outside the US i tell them to find another lobby. other than that, i am starting to believe there are just some people who get god connections and some people who dont. i generally fall in the latter, but still pulled off a 23-0 game tonight despite shitty connections all session. had several 4-5kdr games playing with a MK14 [yeah, dont play BO3]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes this is my problem to,, and yes my problem because my ISP bad and using bad route for gaming online

here how i fixed my problem... i told my ISP to change the route for my internet, and after 3 or 4 routs i was testing i found the best one and working just fine. cheers 

Sad part is people don't know how to use this in a party. If you party up the Only way net Duma works is if you host. Netduma will not work correctly if you don't host the party. I've noticed this many times. Also everyone in your party must be added to your list for this to work correctly. Pain in the ass but if u don't do this it will not work. I've experienced this many times first hand. It's annoying but that's how it works. Of u join on someone else who is just it will go to server close to the host of party even tho it's out of your area.

Every router has reboots and some sort of limitation.

TP-link has great bandwidth control and mediocre NAT and QoS is terrbily harsh on throughput

Netgear has decent QoS and Nat is functional moreso than any other SOHO router

ASUS has NAT issues, decent throughput, decent QoS 

All routers have specific things they are good and bad at and all will lock up and require reboots and/or resets just as any other SOHO router.

Life expectancy is 1yr.

The Duma does lack some features that I would expect to see for the price but the key here is the fact that it has features not available on any other device. 

Geo-Filter:  This can actually be used to troubleshoot your ISP bad routing.  This coupled with programs such as ping plotter can be used to remedy your situation.  If you live on one side of the country and you're routed to the opposite side due to bad, in game geo-region info, you can force connect within the filter to dedicated servers that you have the lowest ping to based on your ISP routing versus where you live.  

Congestion Control & Device Prioritization:  QoS with a twist.  It's different, but it works great once you get the handle on how exactly it effects your game.  This is priority one for people who purchase a router specifically for the games they play. I always gigle a bit when people ask me to set up their current routers or new routers of various models for their gaming interests.  The minute THEY enabled QoS on major label routers, " I lost speed, this sucks!"  LOL that what it is designed to do. You have a threshold, find the max best speeds for your service not to google, not to the ISP 50 miles away that auto selects and gives you the fastest speeds but to your priority area, the game server, then set QoS accordingly.  Sure you will probabaly show a decrease in a speedtest.  Who cares... As long as you are gaming without lag and everyone else can connect without causing local latency to you then does the speed test matter?  Speedtests are ALL in relativity...  It won;t make your pecker any longer nor do you need super fast super instant high speed turbo internet to game efficiently.  Your wife doesn't like speed in bed and neither does your FPS. It's latency above and beyond all others.  The quicker you get the packet back and forth without disruption the better. 

I do agree that the Duma can be frustrating, to say the least, at times.  But it is worth it and it is cutting edge. If it weren't for my Netduma I would have stopped gaming altogether. Cloud issues, game updates, high latency players, Activision, WAN issues;  all things out of their control and 95% of the time they do resolve even those issues with a workaround or fix.  5% of the time people just have legit hardware issues, customer education, or too great of expectations.   No device can make you better.  No device can make you realize that playing with yourself is one set of issues and use of bandwdith and then adding 5 more people plus party chat is a whole host of other issues.  I realize the duma needs to be reset, alot, I have to do this myself. Thats the main reason I would like to see them implement a reboot schedule into the f/w.  But every SOHO router will suffer from this if you do a custom config, don't believe me?  Try it.  I have tested probably 200-300 devices in the last 10 yrs easily, every brand, every custom f/w; dd-wrt, openwrt, pfsense, merlin, ubnt, tomato, freebsd and others...  I still say the DUMA is the most effective for gaming. Bar none.  

Make sure they are correctly added to the allow list, make someone else create the party chat, you host and do not turn on the filter until everyone is ready and then wait for a few minutes for the filter to do it's thing.  If that doesn't resolve it then you may just have to come to the realization that you are deeply infected with the ME,ME,ME, NOW, NOW, NOW disease.  

I'm a fairly shitty Bo3 player, 1.77 KD globally with 328 SPM and I prefer HC TDM and HC DOM, with my DUMA set and everything in order I see games in the 3-18 KD with 300-500 SPM and I am not sweating it out to win a match.  Even if my entire team goes negative I am positive by far and the games are enjoyable.  

Put up your numbers; pings, bandwidth, in game geo-region etc

***I do wish people on the board would not TROLL posts with what seem to be smart ass replies.***  

Nothing worse than getting a hold of tech support with a long wait and them asking if you've rebooted or are you plugged into the device. 

On the other hand this is a very good reason to state your facts and be precise and ask questions without assumptions vs. pointing fingers and generalizing. 

If I can help I will. 

Also party chat causes lag on your lobby connection as well. Be warned when using this. If you have bad upload netduma won't save you if your party is in party chat. Don't use the cc in cod either it's placebo waste of time.

Why would you tell someone not to use the CC on the duma in COD ?

Also party chat causes lag on your lobby connection as well. Be warned when using this. If you have bad upload netduma won't save you if your party is in party chat. Don't use the cc in cod either it's placebo waste of time.

This is very far from the truth, CC helps out a heap in Cod, Plus I have gamed with parties of 4,5 and 6 using CC at 70% with a private chat party and no issues whatsoever. (UK to West Coast USA)

Granted bad upload speed can cause you a few issues but that depends on what you call bad, I have 4 MB up and use 70/70 with 15 devices connected and no issue.

If you have a very low upload speed it may be worth using a higher setting but use some CC as it DOES HELP.

Don't use the cc in cod either it's placebo waste of time.

Congestion control stops local congestion from causing lag spikes from users on your network by creating a buffer set to a percentage of your choice, 70% each way is a recommended place to start.

Please do not spread mis-information.

Archived