Upgrading the Forum - What would you like to see?

• Administrators

Hey guys, we'll soon be upgrading the forum which will bring forth a whole load of new features and customisable options as well as just making it look a lot more modern.

If you want to see what it includes in detail then check out https://invisionpower.com/features 

Assuming the forum has been upgraded:

What would you like to see? 

What do you think can be improved on?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll try implement them for the upgrade.

A few different themes I like dark ones blacks / greys with white writing.

A forced read of the Wiki/New help centre for posters in the customer service section's of the site :)

The helpful answer part sounds good, if the search could pull up the best answer and go directly to it that would be handy.

Get the chat room back :) New emojis.

Yes the chat room back , I miss the chilled craic in the chat it never kicked off in

there :)

I think the shout out thingy at the top of the page put paid to the chat room :(

Somehow make the 'before you post a support thread' thing BIGGER, so big that even Stevie Wonder wouldn't miss it - I don't think it would make a difference though. Some people will never look for it.

Perhaps there's a way to block people from the shoutbox until they have created an actual post somewhere?

Then they will have either had to do an introduction post or they will have had to create the support thread that they're dumping in the shoutbox.

Definitely more emojis, specifically one with tears. And one of a hammer, a big hammer that could pass for Thor's hammer.

I'll return to this later when I don't have the work that I didn't bother with all day hanging over me.

I'd like to see a refined search feature, maybe one that can leverage posts that get a lot of likes/the gold star and become popular could be pushed to the top 3 slots of the results.  With links, because we are dealing with the "I need it now" public.

I'd love to see a minimum post count to be able to access the Shoutbox.  The shoutbox isn't for immediately getting a Mod or Admin to look at your "new" problem.

Can we have a pre-built questionnaire to help populate a support thread for anyone under about a 20 post count?  Things like:

• "What system are you on"?  
  • "What game are you having trouble with"?  
  • "Tick the boxes of the items you have connected to the NetDuma"
  • "If this is a speed related inquiry, please provide your 'paid for' speed and the speeds you are getting"
  • "What specifically is your request in making this thread"?
  • "Can you please rate your technical savvy 1-10"?

More emojis

A mushroom cloud that blows up and shakes the screen for all viewers when we ban a spammer.  Just so everyone knows it was handled.  :D

More weight in the gym for Fuzzy Clam

I'd love to see a minimum post count to be able to access the Shoutbox.

Can we have a pre-built questionnaire to help populate a support thread

BOOM!

this and this.

and a section about Natalie Portman

Pretty much agree with all of the ideas above but as Yoda Z said definitely think the WIKI has gotta be a must read first and foremost as it is really does have a lot of useful info in it.And yes that's the purpose which it does well but only if people read it.

And as JD said it's a we want it now world,most have no interest in trying to find a fix to their issue.But like the idea of the "pre built questionnaire" as it would save a lot of time with the back and fourth posts finding out all of the info to be able to provide help to the posters.

So yeah, I really want a minimum post count to jump into the Shoutbox.  Especially when some new fool joins the forum and uses the shoutbox as his personal bitch session.

not very important but more smileys would be nice too ;)

Like this for shout box 021.gif

and this for Iain when he get's he's thing done banana.gif

or what about this when chelsea win the league this coming season occasion14.gif

Like this for shout box 021.gif

and this for Iain when he get's he's thing done banana.gif

or what about this when chelsea win the league this coming season occasion14.gif

And there was me thinking those were sensible options, and you had to spoil it! :)

In my opinion there are a large variety of issues that are seen on the forum that can broken into sub categories (i.e. speed issues, game specific issues, setup/configuration, hardware problems, VPN, firmware updates).  This may make it easier for people to look for specific issues.

Is it possible to have the upload page http://forum.netduma.com/index.php?app=upload an option on the post toolbar?

Right now I have to open another tab or window, go to the upload page, upload the file, then copy its address, go back to post and click image or link and paste. 

Just hoping to save some steps. 

problably a bit more complicated to implement but id recommend to change the current shoutbox to a the twitch chatbox of your twitch channel

this will not only increase the activity of your twitch channel but will also make the twitch channel itself appear more active incase you plan to make more use out of your twitch channel soon

quite some forums and sites are doing this already, im sure some forum plugins for this can be found somewhere

• Administrators

problably a bit more complicated to implement but id recommend to change the current shoutbox to a the twitch chatbox of your twitch channel

this will not only increase the activity of your twitch channel but will also make the twitch channel itself appear more active incase you plan to make more use out of your twitch channel soon

quite some forums and sites are doing this already, im sure some forum plugins for this can be found somewhere

Very interesting idea!

Loving all the ideas guys. Whatever you can think of to improve the forum, big or small do let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

good idea, i have bettertv which i use maybe somehow combine it with netduma as an addon and tick it so its on or off

right off the bat the letters are a little small and hard to read, someone suggested a black background which would help tired eyes a lot. 

In any web page with any browser press and hold ctrl & scroll the mouse wheel forward to increase the font size or backward to decrease.

Archived