Version 1.03.3a major bug

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi guys,

If anyone has upgraded to 1.03.3a there is a major bug on it which breaks the Geo-Fitler. I'll get it fixed and sorted for this evening. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

its a really simple bug to fix. In case you're interested one of the executable files didn't have "execute" permission so it can't be run and therefore everything collapses. 

I learnt my lesson, even when you're certain the minor change you made will have no fault still test it 

Sorry :( 

its a really simple bug to fix. In case you're interested one of the executable files didn't have "execute" permission so it can't be run and therefore everything collapses. 

I learnt my lesson, even when you're certain the minor change you made will have no fault still test it 

Sorry :(

Mines been fine, its weird it's like im the only person who's router works flawlessly.

Never a truer word said. I've lost count how many times I've done the same thing.

Mines been fine, its weird it's like im the only person who's router works flawlessly.

Because you're the only one lucky enough to have a dedi in your back garden  :P

tbh ive not played anything in almost two weeks, so I wouldn't have noticed.

I'm guessing it's not something blindingly obvious to the end user, or the boards would have lit up with questions/concerns before now.

what's more important, imo, is the fact Iain identified an issue, let us all know about it and is going to fix the issue, asap.  As a customer, can't ask for more of the Duma team.

Kudos :)

I haven't noticed a difference on the GF.What exactly is it doing Iain ? Maybe i'm just lucky or not that observant (i'd go with the second one ) As i'm on 3a but seems to work fine but just for the mental anguish i want a t-shirt   :D

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think there are multiple versions of .a out there, on the very latest are broken. Will be fixed soon.

T-shirts coming very soon, gonna get chet Fraser on them. Will come up with alternative designs soon. Hopefully can start the process next week. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry I'll have to release update tomorrow. I'm just finishing off our automated cloud thingy. Took slightly longer then I thought. I don't want to put an update till I've tested it, so it will have to be tomorrow. I'm confident cloud procedure and running a cloud will be done by tomorrow afternoon latest.

Cheers 

I think there are multiple versions of .a out there, on the very latest are broken. Will be fixed soon.

T-shirts coming very soon, gonna get chet Fraser on them. Will come up with alternative designs soon. Hopefully can start the process next week. 

Why is there multiple versions of .a?  I'm just curious because now I'm wondering what version of .a do I have.  Actually, the version (1.03.3a) I have was the one I grabbed from the "coal mine" section.  I've never saw a post in the general section that released this version to general public yet.  Am I missing something?

i want Team NetDuma on the back :)

Hey Iain,

I knew something was up.  Ever since I updated to .3a I have not been able to find games on strict mode and the few I do find have unusually high pings (120-200+ms) and spiking like crazy for being within my geo filter.  Do these symptoms sound like they would be caused by the bug? or is it something else?

Pls let us know when the fix for the bug is available.  Thanks again.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'll try get it done tonight.

Basically the Geo-filter is broken so having high pings is likely indeed. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Akic, there were two separate versions of the firmware. Most people are on the normal .1a sounds like you are too! 

Archived