Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We need YOU for the new engine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts

Hi everyone,

Long time, hope you're all well. The new engine is really coming along. I'm confident you will all love it.

Anyway I digress, we would like to significantly improve the new device classification system. With your help we will be able to identify far more devices and correctly categorise them.  In the new engine there will be loads more device-types, for example printers, cameras, TVs, fridges, etc. 

If you'd like to help us, please:

1. put the following in your browser: http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/devices.sh
  2. Copy the entire contents of the page into an email and send to [email protected]

If you can give addition information, for example the device named "XYZ" is actually a TV. That would be great.

Thanks so much,

-ND Dev Team

nfxcr3w

nfxcr3w

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

All done Iain Ive categorized my devices as much as possible unfortunately i don't own a TV or printer or wireless fridge or camera but hope that helps. I had to use this link http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/devices.sh as the link you provided didn't work :)

Rest In Peace A7Legit 18.08.2017 :(

Capture.png

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts

Thanks a lot mate, yup I've changed the link. At our office we use a different subnet. :) 

nfxcr3w

nfxcr3w

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Thanks a lot mate, yup I've changed the link. At our office we use a different subnet. :)

No problem bud just doing my bit to help the Duma Community :) glad to help anytime.

Rest In Peace A7Legit 18.08.2017 :(

Capture.png

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Here's a cool link to help people identify "Nameless Devices" on their network.  Just type in the first 3 sections of the MAC address and it will find who the manufacturer is.

http://www.macvendors.com/

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Here's a cool link to help people identify "Nameless Devices" on their network.  Just type in the first 3 sections of the MAC address and it will find who the manufacturer is.

awesome, i have an 'unknown' that's been bugging me for ages - nobody will claim responsibility for it!

I'm going to catch them now :)

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,060 posts

Done. :)  Hope it helps. Glad to here things are moving along quite well.  

Zennon

Zennon

• Administrators
  • 6,928 posts

Hi Iain,

I do not have much on my network just me and my lads pc that it picks up no problems at all, so I am no use.

Good luck with this endeavour and getting the FW polished :)

abc123

abc123

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,891 posts

As the netduma is just a gateway behind my main gateway...there are only 2 devices on the network

It's as easy as abc123

Note: Although I am a moderator, Netduma is not responsible for my written words. In no way is a statement by abc123 a direct statement from Netduma.

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

awesome, i have unknown that's been bugging me for ages - nobody will claim responsibility for it!

I'm going to catch them now :)

What's up brother?  

I found 2 that I can't identify.  After work today, I'm going to block them and see what kind of havoc occurs 

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

What's up brother?  

I found 2 that I can't identify.  After work today, I'm going to block them and see what kind of havoc occurs 

I blocked it already and still nobody seems to care (or claim it) but now it just sits there with no ability to connect to the world and it winds me right up. I like chaos but not when it comes to networks.

(I am too easily wound up, I'm working on it)

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Omega

Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Does this mean we are getting a firmware update soon? Please don't tell me it will only address wireless refrigerators lol

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts

No problem bud just doing my bit to help the Duma Community :) glad to help anytime.

Cheers mate!

We already do Manu lookup, unfortunately most manfacturers have many different products so it is not enough to guess.

Done. :)  Hope it helps. Glad to here things are moving along quite well.  

Cheers Buck, I can't wait to show you guys

As the netduma is just a gateway behind my main gateway...there are only 2 devices on the network

ahh I see, well never mind then old boy!

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts

Does this mean we are getting a firmware update soon? Please don't tell me it will only address wireless refrigerators lol

heh, no we want the firmware to be much more polished. Still a while though, this is not an update but a complete new firmware from scratch. 

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Cheers mate!

We already do Manu lookup, unfortunately most manfacturers have many different products so it is not enough to guess.

I added the link so the Duma Army could help identify their unidentified network devices for you good sir.  I was pretty sure you knew how to look up MACs

Bozo

Bozo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

heh, no we want the firmware to be much more polished. Still a while though, this is not an update but a complete new firmware from scratch. 

Once its finished will it be given to all current owners of the netduma r1?

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,060 posts

Once its finished will it be given to all current owners of the netduma r1?

There will probably be a beta testing period for the testing canaries but after that yes everyone will receive it at no cost.

Myst1caL

Myst1caL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Sent :) Have my printer connected to the bt homehub as the usb port on the duma doesn't work hopefully that changes though :)

qblcZoy.png

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Here are my device types

Laptop (suggest changing name to "computer")

Phones

Tablets

Apple TV

Thermostat

Game Consoles

Verizon Network Extender (Cell coverage is very bad within my house. This connects to the internet and simulates cell towers)

Printer

Access Point

Future Plans:

Garage Door Remote: Thinking of adding a garage door device that will me to monitor my garage door to ensure it is open/closed

Front Door Bell Device:  Thinking of adding this device to see when people come to the house since some packages have been stolen from the front door

Home Security System:  I am thinking about adding a CCTV system