Fast Lan speed slow wifi speed help

Ruthless24

Hello Duma Army

I just purchased a brand new modem (Netgear CM600) to help with the bad jitter spikes I was getting from my old modem a (Motorola SBG6580). I currently game on Xbox One with 45/5 speed. The real issue is with my wifi connection and after speaking with Time Warner Cable they advised me to contact the routers manufacture. I'm experiencing really slow wifi connection, loading a page takes longer than when I had my old modem connected and sometime the wifi just stops working al together. I do live in a apartment complex and I've tried changing the channels 1, 6, and 11 with no luck...is my modem not compatible with the Duma? Any advice?

I have TWC with the CM600 connected to Netduma, and it has been working well for me.  Therefore, I don't think it is a compatibility issue.

Fraser's normal response to these type of issues.

Try these settings please:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPV6 iin WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Are you on the latest version (1.03.06)?  Are you using the preemptive or reactive algorithm?  Whichever one that you are using, try using the other one?  What are your congestion control settings?  In miscellaneous settings, is WIFI Workaround enabled?  If so, disable it.  If not, try enabling it.  

I have experienced wifi issues. 90% of the issues were related to wifi channel.  My neighbors have auto switching routers, which often causes problems.  I use the WIFI Analyzer app to see the channels when have issues.  Most of the time, the channels are overlapping.  I then use WIFI analyzer to find the best channel.

The other 10% of the issues are related to the amount of people that are on my network - i.e parties, lots of friends/family hanging out.  Because I now have people over quite often, I recently added a dual band access point and disabled the Netduma wifi.  

• Netduma Staff

Hey, if your speeds are 45/5 you could go with pre-emptive algorithm, since reactive is primarily for higher speeds.

I agree with the above - use a wifi analyser to find the least congested channel.

If your in a large apartment complex finding the least congested channel is a must.I would try the above suggestions run internet diagnosis on the duma and run ping plotter at peak times.

And double check all your settings to make sure they are set correctly for your application.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response! I seem to have fixed the wifi issues. I currently have the IPv6 ticked! I game on Xbox One and heard that Microsoft recommended to use IPv6, should I untick it? If I'm in a party with friends who are local is there any recommended setting I should set my Duma to? Just curious

• Administrators

If it's fine then you don't need to change anything!

I would add them to your allow list http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list

As they're local you should be fine to use your existing Geo-filter settings. Just ensure you're the party leader otherwise you'll get kicked when they search.

Archived