Half-Duplex

Acheiving certain tasks in a network environment requires specific things sometimes.

I wish the netduma could have the option to choose if a port could have half-duplex or full duplex speeds.

I know that this doesn't improve the connection. However it can help me achieve some things that are not possible with full duplex. Thanks.

For reference: This feature is available in Dlink DIR 605 and 615 versions. Under Wan Port Speed in advanced network settings.

Acheiving certain tasks in a network environment requires specific things sometimes.

I wish the netduma could have the option to choose if a port could have half-duplex or full duplex speeds.

I know that this doesn't improve the connection. However it can help me achieve some things that are not possible with full duplex. Thanks.

For reference: This feature is available in Dlink DIR 605 and 615 versions. Under Wan Port Speed in advanced network settings.

AlsaibaiH, you could take the port you want to make half duplex and connect an ethernet switch to it. Anything connected to the switch should be half duplex. Don't know if that will get you what you need, but all the cables I have on my switch are half's and anything connected directly to my router is full.

AlsaibaiH, you could take the port you want to make half duplex and connect an ethernet switch to it. Anything connected to the switch should be half duplex. Don't know if that will get you what you need, but all the cables I have on my switch are half's and anything connected directly to my router is full.

Nope, didn't work, still getting full duplex. Am purchasing a router tomorrow for this sake only.

My ethernet switch model is DES-1005A. Unmanaged*My bad getting an unmanaged switch.

Archived