My Laptop can't connect via CAT5 cable

Here goes my first post,

I just got a new Netduma R1 router and I think everything is working ok except my laptop can't connect to the internet when using wire (can't even go to 192.168.88.1). 

IIRC, it was already working when i first connected my laptop to the duma wired. I must have done something wrong.

By the way my set up is like... ISP modem> ISP router> R1> all my devices and another linksys router as range extender for my flat mates.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: I already tried http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_routerbut i can't go to the Netduma Interface.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! You say it doesn't work wired, so does that mean it works wirelessly?

Do you remember if theres anything specifically you changed before it stopped working?

If you have another ethernet cable try connect the duma to the laptop with that to rule out a cable issue.

Thank U guys! My ethernet was actually disabled (don't know how) on the windows control panel. Now I can access the interface. and yes i was able to access the interface on other device before. it's cool now.

2nd problem... when i connect the netduma on my isp's router, internet will crash after a while (on all devices). doesn't happen when devices are directly connected to my isp's router.

Problem solved! It was my isp's fibre cable problem. Called isp then some technician guys came to the rescue! Thanks. (Mods can close this thread i guess)

Great news!

Glad to hear you're sorted.

Archived