Netduma Placebo effect?

Kirby9099

ALSO another question i have, many people suggested that i place my home in the netduma NOT on my actual location to place certain dedi servers farther away. NETWORKING sense would tell you that you are already increasing your base ping if you are essentially starting out further away than you actually are. Say Im in Kansas and i place my :"home" in california. Wouldnt my base ping start higher than if i just place my home where it actually is? Also how do you know if your banning a server based on that slide bar thing as well as the green and red chunks of bar that slide?

Internet traffic does not travel in a straight line it travels in the cheapest (dollars) path. It's completely possible to have a higher ping to a server 50 miles from you vs one 200 miles from you depending on how the data is routed across the country. That's why part of the issue is finding the dedicated server that works best for you.

Im almost perfectly in the middle of two dedicated servers geographically and I prefer to connect to only one of the two because I get much better results from a ping/jitter standpoint.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya i have just abandoned all hope with this device. I wish there was a way to delete posts because i would just delete this original post. Im thinking about getting a PlayStation 4 to see if its any better (also moving to ps4 for graphic/better games.) So hopefully its just Microsoft servers, because literally all my other traffic is fine. ping to google is fine. line is pretty steady from ping-plotter. My rants on here are because i purchased a $200 router...with no difference just like i did with the Nighthawk. But i digress.

• Administrators

Ya i have just abandoned all hope with this device. I wish there was a way to delete posts because i would just delete this original post. Im thinking about getting a PlayStation 4 to see if its any better (also moving to ps4 for graphic/better games.) So hopefully its just Microsoft servers, because literally all my other traffic is fine. ping to google is fine. line is pretty steady from ping-plotter. My rants on here are because i purchased a $200 router...with no difference just like i did with the Nighthawk. But i digress.

I can delete the thread if you wish me to. When I did the 1 on 1 with you it looked all fine to me so I can't really advise anymore as it doesn't seem to be a Duma issue that you're experiencing

Archived