Netduma Placebo effect?

Kirby9099

I've learned that as long as ping is consistent (<50ms) COD can play fine, the issues arise when there is line deviation/jitter fluctuating and making matters worse.

You're not going to get 0ms jitter to Vultr or Choppa LLC servers, though Vultr offer the better servers on PS4, Azure on the XB1 is no different as far as jitter is concerned, they aren't perfect but my experience is that the Azure dedi's are better than the Vultr servers and if you know which are which cling to Vultr if on PS4 and Azure on XB1.

I can't speak to the specifics, but I do personally prefer playing this game (BO3) on the XB1 Azure servers over whatever McGuyver-Dime-Store version the PS was using.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGuyver, now the original, that was a TV show I loved as a kid.

<Thread Jack>

They are remaking it here in the states.  I vote thumbs down all day long.

</Thread Jack>

I connected with teamviewer, his router is setup fine... Internet seems to be stable... The problem is in the servers and the broken game as usual. I saw for myself, the netduma ping spike to 120ms while pingplotter was pinging 8.8.8.8 with a flat line.

So I'm not crazy and seeing things, this happens to other ppl as well.

I also bugged the crap out of my ISP's CEO till my line was stable

What did you say to them?

And do you know what did they to fix it?

The ISPs in the UK don't seem to have a clue how to fix their shite service, nor do they give a flying-monkey-f**k about it, I would love to know how to get them to take some responsibility.

Glad you got sorted too

What did you say to them?

And do you know what did they to fix it?

The ISPs in the UK don't seem to have a clue how to fix their shite service, nor do they give a flying-monkey-f**k about it, I would love to know how to get them to take some responsibility.

Glad you got sorted too

I wrote their ceo and every tech around was calling me. It took a while but I now have a steady ping. What they ended up doing besides fixing alot of crap in my neighborhood. They put me on a business class which seemed to do the final trick.  I am guessing when I play is when business is not on so my line is no longer congested. Or maybe its just more stable.

BTW when I wrote the ceo, more than once I was very polite and to the point about my issues. They responded back every single time.

I hope this helps. 

I wrote their ceo and every tech around was calling me. It took a while but I now have a steady ping. What they ended up doing besides fixing alot of crap in my neighborhood. They put me on a business class which seemed to do the final trick.  I am guessing when I play is when business is not on so my line is no longer congested. Or maybe its just more stable.

BTW when I wrote the ceo, more than once I was very polite and to the point about my issues. They responded back every single time.

I hope this helps. 

Comcast/xfinity here in the same area and I did the same thing. I had top supervisors coming to my house looking at my pingplotter cause they had never seen such a thing before

It blows my mind that Fraser suggests turning my radius to 650 miles which covers basically 1/3 of the Enitre US. No strict checked, I was informed try putting my home in Illinois which is where ded servers are, and i never pull a ded server. I even changed it to literally a small enough radius to cover Illinois and that was it, i was playing a host in Freaking Texas. As Of now i will NOT be returning it solely because it would cost me $26 in shipping just to send it back not to mention the $26 to get it. Throwing $50 in just shipping is a waste to me. And i will NEVER recommend this router either such as it is running now. 

It blows my mind that Fraser suggests turning my radius to 650 miles which covers basically 1/3 of the Enitre US. No strict checked, I was informed try putting my home in Illinois which is where ded servers are, and i never pull a ded server. I even changed it to literally a small enough radius to cover Illinois and that was it, i was playing a host in Freaking Texas. As Of now i will NOT be returning it solely because it would cost me $26 in shipping just to send it back not to mention the $26 to get it. Throwing $50 in just shipping is a waste to me. And i will NEVER recommend this router either such as it is running now.

Use strict mode and find a dedicated server that offers you the lowest ping and if you must cover only the radius of that dedicated server.

It's unfortunate not everyone can enjoy BO3 like I have been able to and I really mean that, people think I'm hacking even. :|

• Administrators

Having your radius too small can result in not getting games. Relative to networking that area is not too big, should get some nice hosts within that range. Post up in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look.

I certainly will tonight when i get back home from work. My guess is though your 12 hours ahead or behind me so when i post you will not be on. I put my radius so small and run strict mode, but it puts my game on a Texas host. Even though i looked on that website and ded server is in Illinois. I will certainly take the help, but ill post more tonight.

I have opened it up to ~500mile radius 

https://postimg.org/image/eq7t1ylnl/

And for some reason still pulling Texas hosts, or local hosts inside my circle with even ping in the Netduma somehow always remaining around 40ms ping. Yet my game never feels like 40ms ping, and I have played on a crispy host ONCE where i was playing on a 16 ms ping. (Not on the Netduma of course)

I had been researching and looking at the Netduma so much before purchasing. So far let down. But im always willing to accept help to set it up than being a jerk and disregarding help when this is new to me. I know networking very well, but when it comes to New hardware it can take a little help to perfect it.

• Netduma Staff

Well you have strict mode off in that picture which is why you're getting those Texas hosts. 

Post up in the 1 on 1 section and I'm sure Fraser can help :)

Don't toss in the towel yet Kirby,give Fraser the opportunity to help you out,it really is a great piece of equipment 

Okay. So Fraser has setup my Netduma as per the recommended setup. The more i play with the device the more i understand it. Maybe i could get a paid support position. Paid in USD since it would be cheaper :-) But ill report back once i play with it for a couple days.

No new changes. Still getting inconsistent connections, log into my router last night and somehow STRICT mode was checked (I never did this) and then my games would NEVER get off dedi servers until i power reset everything networking wise in my house. It doesnt matter if i play during the day or night.

Still having problems with this piece of junk. I log into my router on Wednesday to enable it on my console. Then i see STRICT MODE is checked. I didnt do that. Fraser didnt set that. SO WHY IS IT ENABLED. So i unchecked it, power cycled everything and NOW I CANT GET OFF THESE CRAPPY DEDICATED LAGGY SERVERS. Texas or Iowa. Yet my STRICT MODE IN UNCHECKED!!! So i go to temp ban, it says the dedicated server cant be banned. Please make sure strict mode is checked. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? I cant temp ban a dedicated server without strict mode checked? So if i check it, GUESS WHAT??? IT FORCES ME TO PLAY ON DEDICATED SERVERS STILL. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this device. 

And why is literally the ping can be flat or almost flat in both the BO3 screen and in the Netduma, but when i go to have an engagement with someone literally almost every single game almost every engagement it shoots up to 100+ sometimes to 400+?

strict is what keeps you inside your radius. If you have it unchecked then it will still connect you out side your radius if the server or person is within the host filtering ping assist. I personally keep ping assist at zero and use just radius to find games but thats me. It works different for everyone depending on there internet. 

Thats not what i was told. I was told that STRICT keeps me on dedicated servers. Why is it that i get different support advise every time i post on here? Is it basically a guess and hopefully something sticks hardware/software company? I mean cuz this people are like "THIS IS THE BEST DEVICE EVER" so far ive seen nothing thats certainly worth $200. Maybe $20. Especially since were paying for the software because the router they use is like $75 USD. Overpriced wont recommend ever in fact will say how much this thing is a piece of junk because nothing ever works on it. 

I can control who i connect to...bullshit. So far ive seen nothing that even works on it let alone worth any amount of money.

Thats not what i was told. I was told that STRICT keeps me on dedicated servers. Why is it that i get different support advise every time i post on here? Is it basically a guess and hopefully something sticks hardware/software company? I mean cuz this people are like "THIS IS THE BEST DEVICE EVER" so far ive seen nothing thats certainly worth $200. Maybe $20. Especially since were paying for the software because the router they use is like $75 USD. Overpriced wont recommend ever in fact will say how much this thing is a piece of junk because nothing ever works on it. 

I can control who i connect to...bullshit. So far ive seen nothing that even works on it let alone worth any amount of money.

So basically your very angry won't take advice or follow what anyone says. So nothing anyone explains will help and your just gonna bitch about it being horrible. OK Got you now sorry I tried to help. You obviously didn't try what I said.

• Administrators

No new changes. Still getting inconsistent connections, log into my router last night and somehow STRICT mode was checked (I never did this) and then my games would NEVER get off dedi servers until i power reset everything networking wise in my house. It doesnt matter if i play during the day or night.

Sounds like cookies wasn't enabled which is why it didn't save that setting. 

I would imagine you were at the mercy of anti-cheat there - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_anti_cheat&s[]=anti&s[]=cheat

Still having problems with this piece of junk. I log into my router on Wednesday to enable it on my console. Then i see STRICT MODE is checked. I didnt do that. Fraser didnt set that. SO WHY IS IT ENABLED. So i unchecked it, power cycled everything and NOW I CANT GET OFF THESE CRAPPY DEDICATED LAGGY SERVERS. Texas or Iowa. Yet my STRICT MODE IN UNCHECKED!!! So i go to temp ban, it says the dedicated server cant be banned. Please make sure strict mode is checked. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? I cant temp ban a dedicated server without strict mode checked? So if i check it, GUESS WHAT??? IT FORCES ME TO PLAY ON DEDICATED SERVERS STILL. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this device. 

You can still get dedicated servers within your radius. Strict ultimately keeps everything inside the radius - assuming ping assist is at 0 as well.

And why is literally the ping can be flat or almost flat in both the BO3 screen and in the Netduma, but when i go to have an engagement with someone literally almost every single game almost every engagement it shoots up to 100+ sometimes to 400+?

Is that on both duma & bo3 ping? That doesn't sound like it should be happening. If congestion control is on it won't be caused by any devices in your home but maybe the server itself. Make sure strict is on then temp ban it or move the radius/location to exclude that server.

It will keep you on dedicated servers if they're within your radius. If you do the above things then you'll have the best connection possible. 

Your game ping is made up of:

Base ping + distance to travel + queuing 

The green is what we can help with. No other router does distance to travel, even routers that help with queuing are pretty poor in that regard. So out of what you the player can control we provide you with the tools to have the best possible connection. 

If as you say the ping sky rockets that much and you do have CC on then it may be the server itself which with the above advise you can stop or inconsistencies on your line.

As with 99% of the cases on this website, the user is the problem here.

If the router doesn't work why can I set my ping assist to 20ms and only connect to <20ms servers?

1- This isn't going to make you better at call of duty

2- This can not fix a broken hit detection system

3- This can not fix a bad server

4- Strict mode must be enabled if you want to be very specific about where you want to play

5- 99% of your games will be on a dedicated server for bo3

6- When you click temp ban on a dedicated server, it bans that 1 server. Not all of them. You can see a server pop up in the same spot as the banned one because data centers have thousands and thousands of servers at the same location.

What is Strict Mode?

If you enable “Strict Mode” then the Geo-Filter will filter to the maximum. This means you will only get games set within your Geo-Filter radius, but you may also experience lobby booting. If you find that you are getting lobby booted, then you can use the snap button to increase your Geo-Filter size and stop the frequency of the lobby booting.

If Strict Mode is disabled then you will be able to connect to dedicated servers which are outside of the range of your GeoFilter. You will only be able to connect to dedicated servers which are outside of the range of your GeoFilter. Player to Player hosts (P2P) will still be blocked as normal. Having strict mode disabled can help decrease the time it takes to find a game.

Yes cookies were enabled as Everything was setup as per Your (Fraser's) recommended setup. How things got changed is beyond me. But also one thing ive wondered is How does the router know what to do if you dont actually save anything to the router? I mean if cookies are enabled and it cache's the settings, wont clearing out cookies essentially wipe the device configs?

And Yes if i made my circle small enough, based on what your selling, "control who you connect to" then YES i should be able to get a gain <20ms every time. Ping assist is at 0 as the Xbox is in Hyper traffic, 70%up and down. But yes its happening on both the netduma and in game. Even just last night im watching the Netduma around 60 ms then spikes to 150ms. Naturally at the same time i just put 4 bursts of m8 into someone, guess what? HE kills me. Supposedly NOT on a dedicated server as well because the Netduma said the host was in Missouri. 

What is Lobby booting? I couldnt find anything on that and when it goes to Netduma's Wiki it says this Topic doesnt exist. 

ALSO another question i have, many people suggested that i place my home in the netduma NOT on my actual location to place certain dedi servers farther away. NETWORKING sense would tell you that you are already increasing your base ping if you are essentially starting out further away than you actually are. Say Im in Kansas and i place my :"home" in california. Wouldnt my base ping start higher than if i just place my home where it actually is? Also how do you know if your banning a server based on that slide bar thing as well as the green and red chunks of bar that slide?

Archived