Destiny Update

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hello everyone,

We have started testing our Destiny improvement. If you play the game please make sure you have the latest version by following the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Then go to "Settings > Misc" and go to the cloud section. Make sure you have autocloud ticked and bleeding edge ticked. Then click apply.

Destiny works a little different to other games its pure peer to peer. Please read this for more info: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=peer_ping

Cheers

Iain

Hello everyone,

We have started testing our Destiny improvement. If you play the game please make sure you have the latest version by following the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Then go to "Settings > Misc" and go to the cloud section. Make sure you have autocloud ticked and bleeding edge ticked. Then click apply.

Destiny works a little different to other games its pure peer to peer. Please read this for more info: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=peer_ping

Cheers

Iain

Will having both autocloud and bleeding edge ticked effect other games? Is this something we should only be doing for Destiny?

That update is f***** amazing for pvp players: the connection is so smooth that you can kill someone without lose any hitmarkers.

The only thing that Netduma can't fix right now is players with poor connection or lagswitchers but it worth it  :D

Guest Netduma_Iain

Glad you're enjoying Chive. Pie let me know how you get on mate.

Jason it will make a difference to other games in theories BUT its very very unlikely they share servers so in reality it will not. 

Worked really well for me also did five control bounties and managed to score well over 6000 points in two of those games i've hardly ever been close to those points in a game also noticed faster kills than before although i didn't think i had a problem with that so there you go a very promising update and deffo non placebo.

Iian, Fraser curious to know what the colour my ping is could'nt work that one out and an odd 700ms player in our lobby considering i had geo set pretty low on 800km.

Thanks for the continued support B)

Worked really well for me also did five control bounties and managed to score well over 6000 points in two of those games i've hardly ever been close to those points in a game also noticed faster kills than before although i didn't think i had a problem with that so there you go a very promising update and deffo non placebo.

Iian, Fraser curious to know what the colour my ping is could'nt work that one out and an odd 700ms player in our lobby considering i had geo set pretty low on 800km.

Thanks for the continued support B)

Yes, the game is so smooth in the crucible and, i don't if it's the same for you, there is no more bullshit during gunfights like oneshot by a Thorn.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Jerry & Chive,

Glad its working for you guys. We are actually going to do a document how to use it and may have an even better improvement for ya in coming days :D 

Thanks Netduma.   It's great to see the router being updated so regularly.  No other manufacturer cares so much about the gamers' plight. Huge Kudos

The peer to peer of Destiny is a difficult condition to judge latency.  I actually do not mind this,,,,, I find it amusing when I malee a guardian to death,,,, then  shotgunned by the same player.  In a way..... I go, 'that's OK',,,,, close fight, I'll live with that.

Ping is King..........    a court jester is amusing though :)

I do not go into the crucible often... but I'll let you know how it goes 

This does not work for Destiny PvP. I tried everyhting mentioned in the forums. I was even to the point of even trying rebooting after every match. Still, nothing. The peer ping worked once in PvP and it only showed three bars (6 man team). Two times out of trying 20 matches did I ever see icons on the map for hosts. Never once was I ever shown ping to host. I rebooted using the menu. Still, lag and bad games. Without R1 I average 1.9 - 2.1 KD. WIth R1 it's 0.1 - 0.5. 

I am using the .3 patch. THe R1 is in a DMZ. Strict On, PA to 0, 10, 35, 50, etc nothing seemed to change. I tried starting Host Filtering after I turned on XB1, before, after turning on Destiny, Before, etc. Destiny is worse using the R1 in my instance.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dude,

Destiny works differently every player is host. So when you play do you see all circles as large? Also I suggest you disable auto-ping and just leave peer ping on.  Also make sure you have bleeding cloud ticked and you click apply. 

Hi Dude,

Destiny works differently every player is host. So when you play do you see all circles as large? Also I suggest you disable auto-ping and just leave peer ping on.  Also make sure you have bleeding cloud ticked and you click apply. 

We need to know if he have an open NAT and a static IP for his XB1 because i dont think you've make those change use the full potentia of the router.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure, well we have host based games pretty well figured out now.

We're close to getting peer to peer optimum, but of course will continue to look for improvements :) 

NAT is open & DMZ IP is public via DHCP from AT&T router. IP has not changed.

I see no circles. Sometimes I see yellow triangles all over the country and an inactive host or two but never a small or large circle like used to seeing in CoDAW MP.

I will disable auto ping but will that really be a benefit?

Guest Netduma_Iain

if you're not seeing circles, then I think I know exactly what the issue is. You have selected "peer ping" right? It has "Service" in the "Peer Ping" box, make sure it picks the number of the console you're using.

For example if at on the top of the host filtering page on the far left is your xbox>Xbox live. Then you would select service 1 on peer ping. 

You should be see'ing circles, if not its not working so we can get to the bottom of it and fix it. 

Hello, quick question.

I have downloaded the latest version 1.03.3 when it first came out initially. I remember you guys took that link down for a few days due to limited support then re-added it. My question is, should i re-upgrade to be on the safe side, or is that the same exact version? Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Hello, quick question.

I have downloaded the latest version 1.03.3 when it first came out initially. I remember you guys took that link down for a few days due to limited support then re-added it. My question is, should i re-upgrade to be on the safe side, or is that the same exact version? Thank you.

Same version I believe :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say this concerning the playability of Destiny. I live in the southeastern United States and would use a pretty tight geofilter range. Even with ping assist and strict not selected I would have a difficult time being matched with other players with my ping requirements or just in general.

So what I did was move my home to the center of the United States and placed my ping assist at 50. And it has been wonderful. I am finding games quickly and with my ping requirements. The pings are no where near 50 usually they are around 30's or less.

Ping assist - you set a ping on the router with a slider bar and if your gaming console/computer detects another player or server with a ping higher that what you set it will block

Auto Ping Host is just what it says. Instead of having to press the ping button to find out what the ping is to a host or server the R1 does it automatically.

Hope this makes sense.