Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Networking, Lag Compensation, and Hit Detection

Networking Lag Compensation Hit Detection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

At the end of the day it comes down to, is the lag on your side or not? This is the randomness they want in the game to give everyone a fair chance at getting some kills. When you're having a shitty game and getting melted and shot around corners, Timmy no thumbs is having the game of his life.

I prefer consistence of less jitter to the randomness of the lag compensation NetCode in COD.

Duma takes care of servers for me, so jitter is around 1-2ms on my local dedicated server (most of the time), that results in great games 90% of the time, definition of great can be valued differently by different people of course but I'm more than content (and I do not throttle).

IMO the coding was better on Ghosts > better hit detection and a faster time to kill also helped a ton.Again this is just my opinion as others will disagree and hated the game,so it's really all subjective.

Some COD Ghosts earlier (my test account), almost all the other team were camping, the score is meh (25k/d round though), but still a lot of fun to have the Duma make Ghosts even better here.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

I prefer consistence of less jitter to the randomness of the lag compensation NetCode in COD.

Duma takes care of servers for me, so jitter is around 1-2ms on my local dedicated server (most of the time), that results in great games 90% of the time, definition of great can be valued differently by different people of course but I'm more than content (and I do not throttle).

Some COD Ghosts earlier, almost all the other team were camping, the score is meh (25k/d round though), but still a lot of fun to have the Duma make Ghosts even better here.

To be fair, you live on a fiber line that is basically directly plugged into the server lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

To be fair, you live on a fiber line that is basically directly plugged into the server lol

I'm on HFC Cable, but the Azure dedicated server on XB1 is about 26km's from me (give or take).

...but I plan to move and get Fiber to the home if all goes well and HFC Cable (same type of service) as a secondary for "other" uses lol :)

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

I'm on HFC Cable, but the Azure dedicated server on XB1 is about 26km's from me (give or take).

...but I plan to move and get Fiber to the home if all goes well and HFC Cable (same type of service) as a secondary for "other" uses lol :)

You know what I meant lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts

Now I'm gonna have to go play ghosts after watching the vid,as it actually looks like fun to me... :D

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Now I'm gonna have to go play ghosts after watching the vid,as it actually looks like fun to me... :D

Just remember, they're STILL camping in it. LoL

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts

Actually played 3 games last night at about 1:00 AM my time and there was 2800 people on so I had to play TDM (hate that fucking game mode) but went 23-4,26-7 and 25-9 and it actually ran pretty smooth.

But like you said it was a campiest of people ADS at a doorway while laying down and people pitching tents in buildings but still had a good time playing it.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

Omega

Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Theyre definitely still camping in it lol. I've been playing Cod 2 here and there and theyre still camping it up on there as well. Thats just cod though. I surely hope the duma team has some sort of tool in the upcoming update (which looks beautiful btw) to address the insane lag comp we face in BO3, and soon enough IW/COD4 Remastered. I was in a match yesterday after taking a hiatus for a few weeks. First match on our host, everything fine. Second match on their host? It was like these kids called up a COD dream team of scump formal john and slasher to play for them lmao. Like its insane how inconsistent it is, and just how much connection plays into it. Also, @A7Legit I think a large part of your nonissue with the connection in game is the fact that you play pub matches on dedis that are very close to you as you pointed out. When I play pubs I may see lag here and there, but nothing compared to the onslaught of said lag in GB custom games. It's not just me that echoes this sentiment, nor is it just my team. It's everyone that I've ever played with, played against, scrimmed, etc. The mindblowing thing though, too, is that this sort of thing sometimes happens in reverse, where we host and get decimated and they host and get decimated. None of it makes any sense, all of it is infuriating. All we want is fairness. Is that really so much to ask?

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

There's camping in BO3 too.